Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler ear abnormality

Options
  • 12-05-2014 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Any advice from any parents with a similar occurrence, would be greatly appreciated.I've noticed that my son's tragus closes over when he laughs sometimes. I've been unable to get him to replicate this when visiting the doctor as he's quite shy, but have taken a picture today. I can't justify spending another €50 just to see a picture.

He's speech was late developing, and this may have has a direct effect on his speech, but I'm putting it down as everyone at their own pace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wizzy2011 wrote: »
    Any advice from any parents with a similar occurrence, would be greatly appreciated.I've noticed that my son's tragus closes over when he laughs sometimes. I've been unable to get him to replicate this when visiting the doctor as he's quite shy, but have taken a picture today. I can't justify spending another €50 just to see a picture.

He's speech was late developing, and this may have has a direct effect on his speech, but I'm putting it down as everyone at their own pace.

with out commenting on a medical issue, you could also visit the phn who can refer you to ent, though you will have to chase the referral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We cannot give medical advice here, unfortunately you're going to have to fork out the money for the doctor if you want to get to the bottom of your sons problem, or else go to PHN as the above poster suggested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement