Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champix

• 12-05-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, looking for help. I have just been prescribed Champix and am nervous after reading another thread on here from a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me please if the side effects are really that bad. I'm most worried about the nightmares that supposedly are common. Do they last for the whole duration you are taking the pills or subside when body becomes accustomed to the medicine? I'm fully aware that nightmares short term are better than cancer in the long term but I don't function well without sleep and am nervous about this aspect. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

hi.

I quit using champix before and was off cigarettes for about 4 months.
    I am back on cigs, but nothing related to champix, just pure stupidity.
    I have had vivid dreams, but no other side effects.
    Weird/vivid dreams are related to your brain receiving more oxygen than it used to, because you have cut/stopped smoking.
    Which in fairness is probably is a very small side effect (if you can call your brain receiving it's normal dosage of oxygen that) to pay, instead of getting lung cancer.
    Also thing to note is that I used only 11 days of tablets, and managed without them afterwards.

Advertisement