Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add Restautant to SatNav databases?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how do I get a business to show up as a place of interest (specifically a Restaurant) on SatNav devices? (Garmin, Tom Tom, etc..)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Thanks - Tom Tom was pretty straight forward and have submitted to them. For Garmin you end up being directed to here.com which does not let you edit locations in Ireland.

Don't forget Google Places too, many people use their smartphones now for navigation!!

Don't forget Google Places too, many people use their smartphones now for navigation!!

Thanks! Got Google and Bing well covered. They were the easy ones and restaurant appears perfectly on them.

Any way to add to Apple places without an Iphone? I do not have iphone/ipad and Apple only allow you to submit from their devices (not from a web page).

Use someone else's ipad or iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

:eek:

Thanks but what I asked was
    Any way to add to Apple places without an Iphone?

ok - does not look like you can do this with Navteq which Garmin uses. You can submit your POI to http://www.mypois.ie/ (which I just did) and people can update their own SatNav devices from here. (wonder to rental car companies do this here?).

Some more info here http://www.mysatnav.ie/faq and seems to come down to the fact that we do not have post codes in Ireland.

Thanks anyway - looks like I am doing all I can do to get mapped properly.

Advertisement