Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job requesting two academic referees

Options
  • 12-05-2014 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm applying for a student ship and it requires me to hand in my cv along with two academic referee names. How do I choose which ones to pick? I know I should probably use my final year project supervisor but who else could I use? Also, do I have to inform them beforehand, as they probably don't remember who I am!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ask any lecturer you had a good relationship with. One that would know you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Hello
    I'm applying for a student ship and it requires me to hand in my cv along with two academic referee names. How do I choose which ones to pick? I know I should probably use my final year project supervisor but who else could I use? Also, do I have to inform them beforehand, as they probably don't remember who I am!

Thanks

It certainly would be good form to email/contact the lecturers in advance, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Of course you should ask them first, as you always should when someone is doing you a courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Definitely ask them first! I gave mine a heads up every time I submitted applications too, just so they weren't caught off guard. As to who I used my 4th year supervisor and my head of program...

Advertisement