Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol strimmer

• 12-05-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hiya,
    Was thinking about buying the Stihl FS 38 petrol strimmer. Has anyone bought it and found it good. We have a half acre to get in shape.. It is the edging on our lawn that is the main job. I have see it on a website in the UK - Tom's garden at £136 and about £10 for delivery.

Thank you
    Annette

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only thing I could say is that Stihl is a well respected brand and meant to be very reliable.

I also have a half acre site but have a slightly higher power unit (not Stihl) but its not just edging I have to do, I would have a fair few rougher areas that require a little more power.

It should do the job for you though.

indeed stihl is very reliable in my experience. I have stihl equipment that's 15 years old (private use) and still going well. Power to weight ratio is excellent. Its better than a lot of leading brands out there imo

I've got a stihl fs 40. I think this is a similar size I have it 5 years and never had a problem with it. As said above its only for trimming edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

great stuff. thanks a million.. it seems like a good price too..

Advertisement