Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my cheesecake be saved?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

I made a malteaser chessecake on Saturday evening from a recipe I found on BBC website. I checked it in the fridge Sat night before I went to bed, It seemed set along the outside but didn't seem set in the centre. As I usually make strawberry or lemon cheesecakes, I just thought maybe it would take longer as a different type of cheesecake. Checked it again yesterday morn and still the same.

Took a chance and served it yesterday afternoon after dinner, but when I cut it, it went all over the place. I put the tin back on it quickly. Myself and son ate what was on our plates in a puddle and it did taste nice though.

It is now sitting in my fridge. Is there anyway that it can be saved? Any idea where I went wrong? I am a bit annoyed as malteasers don't come cheap and I was looking forward to eating it. Finally, has anyone a good recipe for malteaser cheesecake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I made a malteaser chessecake on Saturday evening from a recipe I found on BBC website. I checked it in the fridge Sat night before I went to bed, It seemed set along the outside but didn't seem set in the centre. As I usually make strawberry or lemon cheesecakes, I just thought maybe it would take longer as a different type of cheesecake. Checked it again yesterday morn and still the same.

Took a chance and served it yesterday afternoon after dinner, but when I cut it, it went all over the place. I put the tin back on it quickly. Myself and son ate what was on our plates in a puddle and it did taste nice though.

It is now sitting in my fridge. Is there anyway that it can be saved? Any idea where I went wrong? I am a bit annoyed as malteasers don't come cheap and I was looking forward to eating it. Finally, has anyone a good recipe for malteaser cheesecake?

The only runny cheesecake I've ever seen was also a malteaser cake so maybe it's the same recipe that's at fault?? I don't know if the Philadelphia website has a malteasers cheesecake recipe but I can certainly vouch for their other recipes, easy recipes that always turn out right. Particularly the milk chocolate Toblerone.........yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Cakes & Bakes.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MonGal

This is the simple recipe I always use and works out great every time....

1/2 pack digestive biscuits, crushed, with melted butter (I never measure how much)
    300g philadelphia cream (has to be full fat, none of this low fat nonsense!)
    225ml cream
    4oz icing sugar
    large pouch of maltesers

Make the base as normal;
    Mix the philadelphia and icing sugar together;
    In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is "fluffy" and thick looking, add the cream to the philadelphia mixture
    crush the maltesers and add them to the mixture, then spread over the biscuit base. It says to chill for at least an hour but I would usually leave it for around 4 hours or even overnight. If there's a spare bar of toblerone knocking about the house I would lob that in the mix too! :) Mint aero is also lovely - i have done a lot of testing! :)

Hope this works for you Sunny Dayz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

MonGal wrote: »
    This is the simple recipe I always use and works out great every time....

1/2 pack digestive biscuits, crushed, with melted butter (I never measure how much)
    300g philadelphia cream (has to be full fat, none of this low fat nonsense!)
    225ml cream
    4oz icing sugar
    large pouch of maltesers

Make the base as normal;
    Mix the philadelphia and icing sugar together;
    In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is "fluffy" and thick looking, add the cream to the philadelphia mixture
    crush the maltesers and add them to the mixture, then spread over the biscuit base. It says to chill for at least an hour but I would usually leave it for around 4 hours or even overnight. If there's a spare bar of toblerone knocking about the house I would lob that in the mix too! :) Mint aero is also lovely - i have done a lot of testing! :)

Hope this works for you Sunny Dayz :)

What no strawberries or jelly. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks Mongal. The recipe I followed looked for sour cream as well which is probably why it turned out so liquidy. Will try again next weekend.

I take it there's no way the one I have in the fridge can be saved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Freeze it and call it malteser cheesecake ice cream :)

Advertisement