Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reference letter for apartment rental

Options
  • 12-05-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm in the middle of apartment hunting and most places want either a bank statement or some other proof that I'm able to make rent. I have a letter from my employer but have been asked for a bank statement in addition to this. I don't really want to give someone a bank statement with my personal information and bank details on it. I was just wondering if it was possible to get some kind of letter verifying that I have an account that contains money. If that doesn't sound too stupid.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi

Welcome to Boards.

What you are looking for is a 'letter of reference' but unfortunately this is not something Bank of Ireland issues.

If you need to provide a bank statement you could blacken out any information you are not comfortable with being viewed, this may suffice, however this is something you will need to discuss with the letting agency.

Thanks for the post.

Tara

Advertisement