Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critique my shop (pics inside)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are talking about selling a business to business service related to online in a way that retail products have traditionally been sold to consumers. There is a lot to be gained from this approach, but I would be very careful. As I know from bitter experience, it is possible to make a lot of money in web development, but it is also possible to lose it extremely quickly. The best way to lose it all is to set yourself up with very high overheads and get yourself in a situation where you need to attract large volumes just to stay in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

I like the grungy look of the shop - it's quite cool. If it was too clean cut or sleek I'd think I was getting ripped off by a high-priced business.

I used to work near here and the junction gets a lot of traffic so people generally just pass through. Might be worth trying to get people to pop in to the shop for a chat - maybe advertise a coffee morning on your FB page etc.. things like that?

You'll have to convince people to park the car further up the street and pop in for a chat.

Is the AMPM still open? Last I heard they were closing down. It can look bad to be one of the few open shops in a row of closed shutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

My 30 year old daughter was in your shop recently and she thinks it is great. The design/layout is would not be to my taste and I would not find it a comfortable environment in which to conduct business but as an early 1950's model... shops are best avoided and only visited with a specific price/buy/go hit and run agenda! In general I would contend that "suits" don't "do" proper business in shops! Personally I like to do my web projects via email/file transfer/phone and if a face to face is needed, my office is good for me!!

They key questions are, who are your punters? what age are they?, what do they like or are comfortable with? No point in making it acceptable to suits if they are not who come through your door!!

You have already moved well ahead from the mad pop-up shop idea in Dun Laoghaire! Well done.

Advertisement