Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deadly Ledley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Any word who is on the guest xi team?

That'll hardly be shown online somewhere will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Team news is in for tonight's Ledley King Testimonial match between Spurs and a Ledley Guest XI...

Spurs starting line-up: Friedel, Naughton, Fryers, Veljkovic, Dawson, Ogilvie, McEvoy, Sandro, Obika, Adebayor, Eriksen.

Ledley Guest XI starting line-up: Sullivan, Brown, Tainio, Parker, King, Perry, Anderton, Davids, Berbatov, Sheringham, Ginola.

Darren Bent, Stephen Carr, Stephen Clemence and Tom Huddlestone send their apologies - they're unable to make it here tonight.

Glenn Hoddle has also been forced to withdraw for personal reasons. We look forward to seeing them back at the Lane soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Some pictures:

BndZPldIIAARmhi.jpg

BndWhdDIIAABdpZ.jpg

BndgahaIYAAP0h6.jpg

Ledleys team is a real blast from the past!

Also on the bench for the Ledley X1 are

Robinson
    Parks
    Stalteri
    Freund
    Taricco
    Palacios
    Saha
    Bassong
    Young
    Fox
    Davies
    Thelwell
    Chimbonda

Currently 3-1 to Ledleys team, he scored a penalty and Sheringham with two, Teddy is still lethal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

King Ledley-What a playrer, absolute genius.

p.s. I remember being told Alton Thelwell would be the next best thing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Hope the lane is rocking tonight and he gets the send off he deserves.Feel humbled to have seen him in the flesh.A true Icon of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Hope the lane is rocking tonight and he gets the send off he deserves.Feel humbled to have seen him in the flesh.A true Icon of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Legend is a word we all throw around these days but Ledley King is a real legend. Good piece in the mirror bout him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ledley-king-testimonial-tottenham-defender-3532746

If Stephen Carr and Robbie Keane had made the match that would have been a team pretty much of my teenage icons. Would love have had a chance to see Ginola one more time.

Wonder what kind of reception Berba got...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any chance we'll get to see some highlights at some stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Kiith wrote: »
    Any chance we'll get to see some highlights at some stage?

They're on Spurs TV on the club website apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

ziedth wrote: »
    If Stephen Carr and Robbie Keane had made the match that would have been a team pretty much of my teenage icons. Would love have had a chance to see Ginola one more time.

Wonder what kind of reception Berba got...

Well if you can make it to terminal 2 in Dublin airport Stephen Carr is sitting opposite me

I'll risk an infraction for the legend that is Ledley....is there anywhere I can watch the match either legally or if not then illegally? Hopefully they do a DVD with the proceeds going to Ledley and I'll snap it up. But otherwise is there any other way I can watch it please?

I'll risk an infraction for the legend that is Ledley....is there anywhere I can watch the match either legally or if not then illegally? Hopefully they do a DVD with the proceeds going to Ledley and I'll snap it up. But otherwise is there any other way I can watch it please?

10 minute highlights at

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/king-of-the-lane/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That penalty was brilliant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That was great viewing, sweet hat-trick by Saha.

Saha's third goal was very tasty. I wonder is the lad Oduwa gonna be the new Defoe?

Advertisement