Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Social welfare benefit is better for us?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I was wondering what social welfare benefit is better for us?
    Me and my husband moved here in Ireland last december 2012. I have a stamp 4 visa, and my husband is half irish, half filipino so he has two passports.
    We've been living here for 1 year and 5 months now. My husband has been working ever since he got here for 10 hours a week. And me i worked as a waitress(Part time), but the restaurant that I was working with closed down due to debts. So i decided to just study and enrolled myself in a PLC course. I'm done with my college as of now but still its hard to find a job these days. Me and my husband is living with my in laws so the house rent and food is free but we still pay for the electricity and internet. We planned on moving out and getting our own house because it's hard to live in one roof with two families in. I was wondering what sort of benefit can we get from the government? since i was paying my taxes when i was working before, We have bank accounts and bills named with us, and we need a kickstart before we move in our new place. We are not going to depend everything on the welfare. We just need a little help right now, since its really hard to get a job here. Hope someone can help me with my question and i would appreciate any insights on this matter. THANKS!

Advertisement