Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Wow - this looks so great, thanks so much for guiding me to this. I was interested in looking into hypnobirthing but this seems like so much more. Did you ever attend a workshop or planning to? Such a shame they're only in Dublin :-(
    I went to the doc yesterday and asked her is there anything she can give me and she said no?!
    19 weeks and already getting movement? that's fabulous I can't wait for that! :-) can't wait to see a bump too - my partner keeps asking me when I will have one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

There is medication available. Ring your hospital and ask about Cariben. The Coombe and the rotunda are now issuing it to patients. It's only new on the Irish market but it has been used in the states and Canada since the seventies. It's expensive but supposed to be very effective and if your sickness is continiuing through your pregnancy worth exploring. Your consultant can ring your GP to recommend it. ( my family member is a GP and advised me on all of this)
    Delighted you like the gentle birth site. I really hope to do a course. I think if you contacted Tracy she might be able to point you in the direction of someone locally, I know she now trains people to be instructors.
    My bump popped properly in the last two weeks. Finally I look pregnant and not just like I stuffed myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

I've already contacted them ;-)

I hope mine 'pops' as well as opposed to gradually getting thicker around the middle which I'm afraid of!
    I had the weirdest experience last week - my neighbour had a baby a week ago and I called in to see them. Now I've been around babies since I was a kid myself so it's nothing new but I suddenly found myself getting overwhelmed and so emotional! Did this happen to anyone here at all?
    Was so weird but lovely! I felt like a plonker though :-)

Ha ha welcome to motherhood! Multiply what you felt by a thousand and that's what meeting your own baby will be like. It's like you are bursting with love and protectiveness. I am definitely much softer since I had my first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nicman wrote: »
    Looks great, Im on her website now - so it seems to be hypnobirthing? thanks for that :-)
    I'm 15+3 now, nothing seems to ease it no. There's food that's easier to eat than others but when im sick im sick! :-) The worst thing about it is other people (including doctors) putting a timeline on when it should finish, then it doesn't. My new plan is to not keep wishing for the end of it as it may not come, instead when i feel rotten I'm going to have a chat with my little bean and remind myself how healthy he/she must be when I'm this sick! It doesn't ease the sickness but at least it puts a smile on my sick face!

I've almost the same date! I'm still throwing up and nauseous too-its so frustrating. I know on the scale of things throwing up 1/2 a day is not that bad but its driving me around the bend and the permanent nausea is even worse. I've my first clinic appointment next Wed and if it hasn't cleared I'm saying it to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

So I got a call from doc after near three weeks waiting, my results came back that I have a bacterial infection :( antibiotics from tomorrow,that they can only give in the second trimester, looking on Google is not my friend when I read the horror stories, so had a mini irrational hormonal breakdown earlier on, didn't help that my dog jumped on me lying in bed this morning and pushed out a lot of pee which I then convinced myself was amniotic fluid... I think a good night's sleep will help and a chat with my doctor tomorrow is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

18 weeks today! :-)

Back is reallu sore and stiff thou... started researching buggys. ... I think I put less research into buying my car!!

Beep twist? I know some reviews arnt great but we live in town, and will need a buggy that folds easy and is light to lift. Also is in and around what we can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

19 weeks today nearly half way there eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Same here,it's hard to believe it's gone by so quickly!

Chat with doc put my mind at ease, on antibiotics that have made me feel so nauseous all day but it was to be expected as it's a common side effect

Have my gender scan for Saturday I am beyond excited!!Is anyone else finding out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Lashes28, myself and hubby finding out gender on 26th aug at our 20 +5 week scan!! but we are going to try kkeep it to ourselves (thats the plan anyway! )

Most of my family want to keep it a surprise but I'm bringing my 9 year old to have a peep at everything so I'm sure it won't stay secret for long! We are going for a little shopping trip then afterwards, he's counting down the sleeps and so am I :)

Double check that your nine year old is allowed in, the last day I was getting scanned a couple were being told they couldn't bring their child in ( looked about seven). Not sure if that was general policy or if there was a specific reason.
    Not finding out the sex but have a twenty week scan which I can't wait for. 19 weeks tomorrow. It's flying by.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

I'm 18+5 today and have been feeling the lovely flutter movements since the weekend! Such a nice reassuring feeling. I think I've popped too but when someone I haven't seen in a bit sees me they say I don't look pregnant, so I obviously just look fat still! Had a lot of heartburn last week but that's subsided a bit thankfully. Been thinking about doing yoga or Pilates too but haven't made my mind up about which yet. Quick question is the 20 week scan a full anomaly scan? I'm due mine on the 22nd of August. Anyone else feel that since the 12 week mark passed, the weeks are just flying by?!

Me too,I've been feeling them for just over a week and I'm loving it . find myself just sitting still to see if I can feel it more often :D
    Yeh I find the weeks are flying by can't believe I'm nearly half way there already!
    My hospital don't offer that scan so I can't help ya out there . I can get it done privately if I want but don't think I will.

I asked when I was booking it in, she asked what age he was,she said once he wasn't a toddler he would be grand, he's the reason why I am getting it done, to let him have a little look as he still half doesn't believe it.

Can't help you with the 20 week scan as my hospital doesnt do it!

My cousin is finding out the sex next week and was talking about a joint baby shower, has anyone had one? Are they a bit ott?

Ps does anyone else feeling like bursting with pride when you hear the heartbeat? Heard it today and it such a fab sound :)

I was thinking of bringing my lad with me on one of the visits,dunno if he'd want to come though might mention it to him . I think it makes them feel involved . Although he is a bit old I suppose!
    I don't want a baby shower,no reason really I just don't . my friend had one thrown for her as a surprise I must ask her what she thought . It's a relatively new thing is it or am I just old!?

It's a new thing I think? I have never been to one,and have only seen them on American programmes. Maybe we live very sheltered lives? Lol
    Like you guys I can't believe how quick time is going and how emotional I get at everything, I'm giving up on one born every minute,I do be knackered with the crying after it!

Yeh that's the only place I seen them till my friends pictures popped up on my Facebook!
    I had been watching one born very minute which I swore I wouldn't do (thought it would put me off) I quite enjoyed it!haven't seen it in ages.

• Advertisement

The next person that tells me I'm massive I'm gonna crack, seriously, I'm half way there, where Do you want me to put it? In my back pocket?? /rant

I was told today I've no bump,even though I most definitely have . I wish people would engage their brains!If I hear one more person saying 'when I was pregnant' ill cry :D

I am being told I am very neat, much smaller than the last time (so I was a fat bitch then??). The gas thing is my starting weight is a stone heavier than eight years ago when I was pregnant with number one. I don't even listen anymore. I love hearing the heartbeat too. I would love to bring in my little boy. Definitely think it includes them, I am going to ring to see if I am allowed for my 20 week scan.
    I cry every time I watch one born every minute, just at the part they are handed their baby for the first time, can't help it.

My friend told me today she was going to give me her child so i can see what I'm in for??!! that Is one thing that really boils my blood . I have an 18 year old he didn't land on earth an 18 year old . I've done this before and on my own at that so I know what's involved!most of my friends are only having kids now so they seem to forget that while they were out partying years ago I was at home with a baby! There's my rant lol!

Has anyone started pickin up bits In their shopping every week?I have bits of clothes and stuff got but I can't seem to bring myself to buy nappies and other little bits.

Oh fall that's exactly the bit that gets me, when the baby is born and popped on to the chest, I'm in floods!!

Bobskii, I picked up a whole load of those pampers while they were priced wrong in tescos and was up north,wipes were cheap so picked up a couple of boxes, even tho they might have dried out ( gone off?) By then, it has made me feel a bit prepared!!clothes wise I have nothing

Gender scan in the morning I just cannot wait don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight,what age is your son Fall??

Every one has an opinion on your pregnancy, I'm gonna find it hard to bite my lip. So much movement these days, today at work there was a strong enough kick that really caught me off guard, I am gonna have to get used to it

My son is 7. I haven't bought anything yet but family member has given me a pram, cot, changing unit and blankets. The pampers wipes were 61 p sterling up the north the other day so I might make a trip up one of the days. Good luck tomorrow Lashes. I hope the baby puts on a good show ( no sleeping in the corner like my lazy babs!)

I seen baby wipes today 4 packs for €5 but I didn't get them and the same chemist had all their baby products half price.
    I'm the opposite to you I have loads of clothes,some hand me down a that are perfect and then a few new bits and no baby products,maybe I'll start this week . I'm half afraid bans will have sensitive skin like my other half,maybe that's putting me off!

Well from first I have a suitcase full of blankets that will do esp if it's boy,but if its a girl they will be on around the house and just have the pink on outside!the Johnson wipes were for £3 for box,maybe five or six packs in a box when I picked them up, never even thought about sensitivity and I had super bad skin as a baby and had to have towelling nappies!! Eek

Ah 7 sure he should be fine to go in with ya, it's not like hes at the running around pulling at wires age :) knowing my luck junior will be legs crossed at the back somewhere and we will get to see nothing!!

Have Ye got plans for where baby's gonna go when they arrive?? Would love to have a room to do up!

Lol I've nothing from my first apart from his first shoes and the outfit I took him home from the hospital in!

Good luck tomorrow with your scan let us know how you get on!
    I've a room for baby just have ta add a few touches and put a cot in.

• Advertisement

Baby will be in my room for th first few months and Then the plan is for my son to move out of the box room for the baby and for him to take the spare double room and turn it into his den! Hoping to do an attic extension so I have extra storage. All just plans at the moment, nothing concrete

Advertisement