Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We've lowered the cot tonight, I just don't trust the little guy anymore! He's so tall and strong, I wouldn't be surprised if he got out otherwise :o I'm not back at work yet but have to make a decision soon on when to go back and whether to go part time. Luckily they're pretty flexible. The longer I'm out, the worse it seems to go back :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lol ninja baby!!my doll would b to lazy for that Craic she just lies there plays with ted and then roars when she wants attention . she's start in to demand attention from . her brother and dad it's very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We've lowered the cot too Dolbert, he's so strong I'd not be surprised to find him having pulled himself over the side. They really grow so fast!!

He's started to get up on his hunkers as if he's about to pull himself up to stand :eek: He isn't even crawling properly yet, just rolls and pushes himself around backwards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Lol looks like I'm gonna try the opposite. Cause I dunno what else to Do when bump gets bigger.

I would love to kno what phn thinks, we still aren't sitting up unsupported for long periods, and she is basically dragging herself around.

shes started to scream when she doesn't get her own way, she's great at that!!

• Advertisement

Lashes mine loves to stand (supported) and roll but isn't crawling (except shuffling/pushing himself backwards) and can't sit unsupported for long either. Just turning 7 months

Thanks mirrorshe I'd just about to turn 8 months she would run around the house just holding your hands all day long but it's not too good on the back lol. She will get there I just wonder if it's outside the 'normal' guidelines

Best of luck with the childminder today. I'll be thinking of your little man hope he settles

lol you'll be a turtle lashes!!We'll sit unsupported all day here but won't move an inch only throws herself back when she wants up!she's good at the shouting when she's lookin for something alright they don't b long learning that!

My guy still doesn't sit unsupported for too long, and drags himself around too. I'm not worried, some kids just prefer moving around that way (he's nearly 9 months btw!) I think sitting is too boring for him, he wants to be at everything

How was your little man today mirror??

• Advertisement

Lol Dolbert thats my lad too-so nosy! Much better day today girls but I did cry leaving him in, first day I was really upset about it. He did go happily over as he has every morning but all I could think of was he went over happily yesterday too. I was wired all day, first time I couldn't get him out of my head but luckily she text me about 1 to say he was having a much better day. I had been too afraid to text to check up and see because I had stupid croke park hours so I was coming even later from school than normal and I'd have been a mess if he had been unhappy again.

Fingers crossed he is settling!

Ah that's good mirrorwall he was probably just having an off day yesterday . god knows we all have them . I'm having one today . I could happily kill my oh tonight . he's so bloody lazy . I'm here try in to get stuff ready for herself for morning . Do ironing and clean around and he lay sleeping on the couch . that meant I had to get redressed after my shower and go walk the dogs in the dark then finish everything when I came back then herself woke so I'm only getting finished now.grrr rant over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Sorry to hear that Mirrorwall. Hope it settles soon. Maybe he was teething badly those days.
    Doll loves standing here. Had to drop cot three weeks ago. Went in and she was hanging over the edge holding on to the chair!! Little monkey. She has no words but will crawl the entire stairs. Real daredevil and loves a chase. Oh and another tooth popped up.
    Tough being back at work. It's just so so busy. It's as if you are never away. I have the lump in my throat saying bye but she seems ok. Loves the other children. Bobskii a nice ice bucket would get your man moving ;-)

Plus 1 on the feeling of never being away!lol fall he definitely needed that last night . he's flat out here making up for being an ass last nite!!

Good to hear Bobskii

Lol.My oh acts like a child too, hes working tonight n has text on his break for me to wait up for him, I'm knackered n 10.30 is aaaages away .He just wants me to chat and watch him eat tea.

Wow fall your woman is flying .We just have a few tricks, like if you wink at her she will close her eyes back at u lol.

Glad he's more settled mirror .Going to work is hard enough with out the the extra heart ache of them being unsettled.

23 weeks until I'm off work again tho wooohhhoooooo

Not quite as good today but waaaay better than earlier in the week. I've relaxed a bit, thanks girls. Could have been anything, wonder app had him as clingy last week too so he could have just been a little later than usual.

On a different note, has anyone else had a cracked side of lip? My lad has a pretty sore looking split on one side of his mouth and I'm not sure what to do about it

I'm loving the dodi getting flung out of her mouth ta give big gummy kisses here first thing in the morn!she has started to make strange tho mostly with men . my oh has got payback for last night . he's currently elbow deep in a broken dishwasher :D
    Could u ask in the chemist mirrorwall? I'm no help I don't think sudocreme would b any good on it .

How's everyone? Getting into a little routine here. Maternity leave already seems like a distant memory.

Same here altho it'll be earlier starts for us this week!I miss maternity leave already!!

• Advertisement

Absolute terrible sleep over the last week. She's just so unsettled since her sniffles. she sat for Over a hour on my knee at 3 am this morning and when I tried to put her back in to the cot she freaked. I dunno what to be doing.

Work is tough going, I just feel like I'm missing out on so much at home.

Oh we have now conquered sitting on our own, but only on the play mats and she's petrified to move anywhere.

This monkey is starting to try to pull herself up from sitting . We had a great sleep last night as dad was away with work so bold mammy took baby into the bed for the night!
    My mother told me she has my temper today :O she had a meltdown Coa she wanted to be carried outside as opposed to being put in her buggy!

Ah sorry to hear that Lashes. I feel the day is so short because when I get home it's nearly bedtime. Spend every second with them that I can. Love the diva strop Bobskii!

Thats tough fall. I really do appreciate being a teacher now. I have tons of work to do in the evenings but I can choose to finish in school at the bell, come home and be with my kid then sit down to do my prep once he's in bed.

Got my routine more or less down now. Collect him about 410, home to get the dinner on/play with him, dinner about 530 when husband comes in. Then we are both trying to walk so straight out for a quick 20 mins at 6 before getting home to bring baba straight up the stairs for bedtime routine while the other person clears up after dinner and makes the morning bottles. All done by about 730 and then I can sit down to get a couple of hours prep and correction in.

It all works perfectly unless he's been up half the night with a cold... Like last night....
    Instead of doing any of the above we both went to nap in my bed.... And slept for two hours from 430-630 rofl

Same here fall were only home and she's getting ready for bed . I only do two long days tho so it's not too bad . she better not start with the diva strops!!she will get away with anything In my mum's house and she already knows it!!

I'm home at 6 and she's usually in bed by 8.30/9 but tonight she was gone by 7.30. She's changing so much each day doing New things n I haven't discovered them.
    Cannot wait until maternity leave. Although it will be scary I can't wait to be at home with the clan.

Oh and Nanny gave her egg and soldiers for tea last night, queue projectile vomiting at bed time. Sccrambled egg milky puke everywhere I could have cried

Oh nice just what you want at bedtime . was that her first time having egg?phn rang today for me to take her down for her 9 month check . can't believe she's nearly 9 months!

She had a whole egg which was so much more than what she had before. Then the bottle afterwards jjust added to the sickness and the volume .
    Omg bobskii. We are gonna flunk everything lol!! She's barely sitting solo lol

• Advertisement

Lol I know!I bet she'll have concerns now cos madame won't roll .she has taken throwing herself backwards and then killin herself laughing and trying to Sit back up she's a nut job!

Advertisement