Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

It's a girl!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ah delighted for you Lashes, so exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

That's great news!delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Congrats Lashes28, how lovely a wee girl!!

Wr have bought a few baby grows anf thats it. Went looking at buggs today!!! Bit overwhelming! We were thinking beep vista but felt they looked flimsy enough and were not convinced. So looked at icandy's..... beautiful buggs but find it hard to think a system comes around 800euro. Then the guy showed us a chicco urban pram. Its really cool. Whole system is 450 and its bassinet converts into stroller seat and. Only neg was the wheels were hard plastic and hubby reckons it might not wear well for next baby (let me have this 1 first please darling!) Otherwise It seems like a good system. They are fairly new so reviews are limited!

Congrats Lashes28, how lovely a wee girl!!

Wr have bought a few baby grows anf thats it. Went looking at buggs today!!! Bit overwhelming! We were thinking beep vista but felt they looked flimsy enough and were not convinced. So looked at icandy's..... beautiful buggs but find it hard to think a system comes around 800euro. Then the guy showed us a chicco urban pram. Its really cool. Whole system is 450 and its bassinet converts into stroller seat and. Only neg was the wheels were hard plastic and hubby reckons it might not wear well for next baby (let me have this 1 first please darling!) Otherwise It seems like a good system. They are fairly new so reviews are limited!

• Advertisement

Didn't really get to update yesterday,my scan was just surreal, Little Miss was very uncooperative and sleepy for the whole time. She is lying with her head to the right and her feet to the left with her back to the world snuggling into my womb!! Eventually when we got her awake by coughing/ poking at her, I found it so bizzare that she was moving and I couldn't feel it. I feel so much movement that I thought I could feel it all.

Anyways I got beautiful 3D pics and one for my son to take home and you can actually see how alike they are already, he's so excited to meet his little sis now, I just can't stop gushing to everyone!

Ps sonorapher was amazing with my son and really made him feel included, would defo recommend babyscan.ie

Are that's so cute . its makin me want another scan now!!its lovely that she made your son feel so welcome and included,it will be important forwhen his llittle sister does arrive!
    Have any of ye started takin iron?I've been takin it for 3 weeks now and I keep getting pains in my head,I'm blaming it on the iron cos they only started in the last two weeks .

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

My scan is the 25TH August can t wait :)

I have bought our pram , got it on adverts, have a cot and dresser picked out(saving for it) and have a black bag of neutral baby grows/vests/bibs/winter suits from my sister/sister in law.Also got 5 packs of nappies(56) in boots for 5 euro( reduced to 1 euro each !!!!!) lots of wipes too as were on special in D**nes sto**s last bank holiday and ordered out steriliser from boots as was half price.!!!

Congrats lashes :)

• Advertisement

My son just felt her kick for the first time today, it's moments like this I just wanna bottle and remember how good it feels forever!

On a not so good point, heart burn. Already. Whyyyyyyyy!!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    My son just felt her kick for the first time today, it's moments like this I just wanna bottle and remember how good it feels forever!

On a not so good point, heart burn. Already. Whyyyyyyyy!!!

Ah thats lovely Lashes28, hiw many weeks are you?? Im 19 weeks and havnt felt a flutter in well over ten days.... feeling worried but anything I read says not to worry as its my first and I may not feel him/her for while yet.....

Just want to feel it!!!

No heartburn for me thank god but the "first trimester" tiredness pops up every 3rd or 4th day and wipes me out.... is this a wee sign from baba to let me know im going to be really tired once he or she comes! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Its funny to be the same month and feel so far "behind"! I'm only 16+3 so nothing here yet

This is my second and I'm 20 weeks, I have felt it very early on though but the last week they are getting stronger and more kicks rather than flutters don't worry I think I was 6 months gone on my first before I copped anything!!!

I am so tired too, but it's been mad busy at work and with our stock in the back going on to the top shelf meaning climbing huge ladders to get it I'm gonna be fit as a fiddle

It's been that long since my last I feel like this is my first again!movement is getting a lot stronger now !

How's everyone doing?? I am going through a strange fatigue faze, I'm so tired all the time, very draining!!

How is the headaches for you now bobskii?? I'm taking iron but having no issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?? I am going through a strange fatigue faze, I'm so tired all the time, very draining!!

How is the headaches for you now bobskii?? I'm taking iron but having no issues..

I am tired ALL THE TIME! I don't want to go to sleep I just don't want to get up from the couch... Not an option with a 1yr old to run around after. Hopefully this too shall pass...

I'm so lucky I have an 9 year old that I can bargain with playing mine craft,fifa,battleship and checkers!! All the sitting down ones lol . I keep thinking this is how tough it feels and I have to remind myself my body's ten years older!!

Thank god I'm not the only one feelin tired,I thought that passed I'm the first three months(altho I never had it then) I'm knackered dunno what I'll be like in a few weeks when I go back to work!!
    Headaches seem to be gone,haven't had one since and touch wood I won't cos they leave me cranky!I got my first congratulations today without being scrutinised about my bump size!

Big scan today and I am just so happy after it. Saw the baby sucking its thumb and the got a four d scan picture from the radiographer. I didn't know the hospitals even had the four d technology. I thought that was only available privately. Baby is sitting right on my bladder so that explains the 10 trips to the toilet at night!

• Advertisement

That's so cute!!hoping my munchkin cooperates next scan at the last one he/she was having none of it and all I could see the was the back of its head!The weeks are flying in aren't they,21 weeks today already!

The radiographer had to get me to jump up and down a few times to get the pictures because the baby is sitting so low and to get some of the measurements she was literally hitting my abdomen with the wand thing trying to make the baby move up. The baby was hiccuping loads. It was all quite comical to be honest but thank God I didn't have a full bladder because I wouldn't have gotten through it. I am 21 weeks tomorrow, it really is flying in. I just organised all my maternity clothes this evening, I got loads of stuff from different friends and family so just co ordinated my outfits this evening :)I think I have a better wardrobe now than before I was pregnant.

Lol the full bladder thing really is torture!when I was having my egg transfer I had to have a full bladder and I actually cried it was so tortures!
    I did the same yesterday with maternity clothes and I have to say I'm so grateful for them!!so much more comfort when your not trying ta squeeze into normal clothes!

Hi all we had our scan yesterday and it looks like we are having a Girl !!!!!!!!!!!! ekkk so excited !

Just wondering how many appointments have you all had so far?? I have had the one at the docs to confirm pregnancy,my booking in at hospital with scan bloods etc and nothing now until end September in hospital again, is this the norm?

I have appointments every 4 weeks with my gp,I'm doing combined care . I've had 2 appointments in the hospital so far and I've another one in 2 weeks . I have an appointment with my midwife this Fri too . Now that I've write that put it seems like a lot!

oh congrats on the news lashofeye!

I haver had 2 with doctors so far another this week, and I have had 3 in hospital , dating scan, consultant, anomaly scan and I have another in sept. ! im in the coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hello All, Had my anomaly scan this morning- 22 weeks.. all good.. so am very relieved and happy after it!! We decided not to find out the sex... So cool to see the baby so much bigger.. have pics of the little feet etc.. so cute!!

So far I have had my booking appointment with the midwife (14wks)
    Combined care so GP appointment at 17weeks
    Consultant appts (1 time only as I'm going Midwife led) at 22 weeks (Tuesday this week)
    Anomally scan (22 weeks - today)..
    Next appointment is with GP in 4 weeks I think..(26 weeks)
    Then my first proper one with a midwife is in 8 weeks.. (30 weeks)

• Advertisement

how's everybody keeping?have to say I'm absolutely loving being pregnant,people seem to think I'm crazy when I say that!

Advertisement