Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

bobskii wrote: »
    how's everybody keeping?have to say I'm absolutely loving being pregnant,people seem to think I'm crazy when I say that!

Well although I've been as sick as a dog for almost half my pregnancy, since that ended last week I'm loving it too. felt my first real kicks or flutters yesterday and hoping to have my scan next week :-) I love the fact that there's a little life growing inside there and it starts to feel real when you start to show and get the little flutters :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

yup mine are proper kicks now too . They are so cool!I didn't get to enjoy or share any of this on my first so I'm really enjoying it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

AM loving all the kicks etc roll on the next few months :)
    I am learning to drive at the moment and all is going well thanks God no teary bust ups lol!!!!

fair play to ya!!I'm back to work now so I'm expecting to be tired the next few weeks but sur id be that anyway without being pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Love being pregnant too. Got a pair of maternity jeans for three euro today in pennys. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm not so in love with it right now. 19 weeks, still throwing up every three/four days. No sign of any movement yet which I know is going to start bothering me. Back at school two weeks and already down with a horrific cold so have a docs visit in the morning to find out what I'm allowed take and to monitor my asthma because runny noses are the devil for causing mad flare ups. Then its back to school to try and catch up on classes missed :( I hate missing school

I am back two weeks as well. The amount of kids with vomiting bugs and colds is unbelievable. I am doing my best to stay away from them. The pace of school is tough. There is always a child looking for you!

same here,I'm back a week and already I'm coughing and snuffling hopefully it'll pass . I think honey in hot water with lemon is supposed to b good.

mirror wall is this your first? at 19 weeks I really had to concentrate to feel the movement so do you worry yourself and it's my second . I'm 23 weeks now and a month makes a big difference.

that should say don't worry yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I got you. Ya its my first, its not bothering me so much yet (more that its in the back of my mind if you get me). I suppose realistically I've no perspective! I'm due Jan 27th so there really is a month in it compared to anyone due at the start.

Lots of teachers here! I'm maths/music in a Secondary School!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hi all,
    I'm still exhausted all the time, went today to Ikea and picked up a chest of drawers got them put together and have sorted out all baby's clothes and blankets, feel a bit more prepared in myself!
    My ex has been trying his hardest lately, so my heads a bit all over the place, he arrived in with the receipt for a bugaboo as a peace offering the other day.😱
    Plenty of movement these days,right now she's moving like mad
    How are Ye doing on names?? We have decided to call her a different one each week to see what we like the best :)

I was chatting to a friend yesterday who's 5 weeks ahead of me and the difference is huge,worries will always be there tho its hard not to worry.

I tried out one name on my oh , he's been sayin it since and now I do think like it any more!!

Secondary too mirror wall. Ah Lashes that must be confusing but at least he is not fighting with you and you can just focus on you and the baby.
    Big difference in a month, my bump is so much bigger now than four weeks ago. I finally look pregnant.
    I had a name picked for my first baby but when I saw him I changed my mind instantly. The original name didn't suit him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi everyone,

haven't posted in ages, moved house and had no wifi for a few months..the horror of it.

anyway, am 20 weeks to - day and found out that were having a boy and a girl! yay yay yay. am getting bigger by the minute, cant imagine what eight month bump will be like.

loving every minute though :)

congratulations!that's so cool one of each!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Ladies can I just ask when you got your letters from the hospital for booking appointment did it come in an unobvious envelope?! Trying not to tell family till 12 weeks and i thought I'd try here to see if any of you could remember

it was just a brown envelope with a window for your name,altho if you've a detective like my mother getting your letter she'll know by lookin at it what it is lol!

Thanks a mil bob ski that's what I'm worried about is one of my family clicking it :) only just found out and aiming to keep it to just me and my bf knowing

I told a little white lie and said it was a reminder for a smear test, stopped all questions,

Congrats Millie!! I'm the same regarding the bump and have put on two stone since becoming pregnany,but it's all bump and I had starved myself for holidays before I got pregnant or so I'm telling myself anyways ;)

• Advertisement

if anyone says anything just say it's an appointment ta get piles checked,that should put off any more questions!

:):) I love both of your thinking :):):)

I've a pain in my face listening to people discussing my bump and how I'm carrying!I was very strict with my diet before I got pregnant .not so much now so I'm carrying weight on my ass!!but I carried the same on my first child !

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Awesome news millie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hey everyone,

Yes it great news, thanks a million.

Am amazed at how people feely completely free to comment on size etc once they notice you're pregnant and touch the bump!!!

it's so annoying!Especially if your having a hormental grumpy day anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Guys any advice on clothe sduring the "in between" stage? I am almost 21 weeks and only just started showing about 2 weeks ago but at this stage I just look fat it's not a bump where i can just transition into my maternity clothes. Im having major trouble finding clothe sto fit and if they do I look like a heap! :-(

I just bought the next size up and used bump bands ta hold them up,or put a pony tail holder through the loop of ur jeans and cover it with a baggy top.

Penneys is great, I have gotten a few of the floaty blouses in a size up and I'm getting great wear out of them, covered the ' I've eaten too much look' and now I'm starting to fill them with bump ;)
    My second app with hospital in the morning, first with mlu, I'm pretty excited cause they bring ya around to show the birthing rooms if they are not occupied :)

is it wrong that it's only now it's starting to hit home that I'll have baby soon??even tho it's my second it's all pretty nerve wrecking!!

• Advertisement

Oh bobskii and Millie I could rant all day about people and their opinions, I'm sick of people telling me I'm huge, I had a Random person ask me if I was sure about my dates and had I been to hospital ? And I hate those printed tops with the slogan ' hands off the bump' but I'm gonna invest in one and punch anyone that doesn't heed it 😜

Advertisement