Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

I know, its like being public property. What I find very annoying too is when im having lunch at work and people are saying "oooh eating for two is it, are you very hungry now etc" feck off its lunch time you idiots grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh I must have a look for floaty blouses on pay day . I only get paid once a month it's a pain in the ass . at this stage I just throw my eyes ta heaven If anyone mentions size/bump or labour!!And as for the ones gender guessing or askin which I'd prefer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Home this evening after three days in coombe monitored for high pulse with asthma attack. Have to say they are amazing in there, very happy with everything (bar the mental 16hr food gap over night). Very reassured that they know what they are doing. 20 weeks, halfway there!

16 hour food gap...eh that would be a scary experience for the nurses and anybody on a ward with me . I turn into a demon if I'm not fed at regular intervals :D

bobskii wrote: »
    16 hour food gap...eh that would be a scary experience for the nurses and anybody on a ward with me . I turn into a demon if I'm not fed at regular intervals :D

I honestly couldn't believe it, I was starving!!! Definitely bringing snack food.

Still off school here which I absolutely hate, I'm really hoping they got me a proper sub cos one of my subjects in a minority area and I'm worried they aren't being taught! I sent in work daily for the first week but haven't been fit for it this week and tbh it becomes a waste of time at this stage because you don't know if they understood the other work!

Having said that my chest is finally improving and coughing to vomiting has subsided, and I felt the baby move!!!!

• Advertisement

I must ask the girl in work with what way dinner are in cavan!
    do ya know when you'll be goin back to work?I dread work and I'm only back a week.
    Lashes I seen on fb there's a sale on kids clothes on tesco in drogheda,im presuming it's the big tesco just said id let ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh bobskii just see your post now I'll check in the morning they might have something left,thanks for thinking of me!!
    I picked up loads of stuff for next summer for her in M and S yesterday, fab dresses for 4 euros and a cute little swimming suit! If she comes out a he, I'm so screwed!
    How's everyone doing?I'm crippled with back pain at the mo I'm not sure if it's whatever way she is lying or the fact hours have been cut so most deliveries I'm doing solo at work, I defo did not find working and pregnancy this hard last time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ribs killing me and some gob****e hit my bump accidentally today. I am not usually a violent person but I got such a fright that I almost thumped them. Roll on maternity leave.

I can't wait till pay day till I can pick up little bits . I've been off work all summer with no pay and don't get paid till the end of the month!
    had my hospital appointment today . wasn't very exciting . back in 6 weeks . time Is slipping away . had a look at buggy's,dunno what to be gettin!!

Counting down the weeks to maternity leave too fall,work Is really getting me down. I know I'm no cripple but I wish customers had a bit of respect when they see your pregnant.
    No money for the whole summer?! How did you survive??
    I have hit birthday season in my family, there's 50ths and 21sts, and when I look in my wardrobe I just wanna curl up go nowhere!!
    What buggys do you like bobskii, I love the beep twist one!

• Advertisement

Roll on maternity leave, particularly since I've just spent two weeks of work with the asthma. I'd prefer not to have used all of my sick leave for the next four years!

We just put a deposit on the maxi cosi loola system in euro baby, pick up Thursday. I loved the beep twist too but we have one car isofix, one not (mine) and I really wanted to have an option of the base. The set we got has the maxi cosi base that will work in both cars. The buggy itself is heavier than the beep though, more in line with the quinny. It was 60 over our budget but I think it was worth it for the flexibility

Same here with the maternity leave . can't wait for it . I feel your pain lashed I worked in retail on my last one and people really don't care!It's like your invisible!
    I want a buggy u can run/jog with so I really haven't a clue what to get . its very confusing . considering I doubt ill be having any more I don't want to have to spend loads but they are sooo expensive!

bobskii wrote: »
    Same here with the maternity leave . can't wait for it . I feel your pain lashed I worked in retail on my last one and people really don't care!It's like your invisible!
    I want a buggy u can run/jog with so I really haven't a clue what to get . its very confusing . considering I doubt ill be having any more I don't want to have to spend loads but they are sooo expensive!

They really are expensive. If you want one for running you are possibly better off not getting a travel system at all? Do you need a portable car seat? You could get a buggy that goes from 0 and a fixed car seat? May work out more reasonably

I have a car seat with a fixed base that my friend gave me she never used it its mamas an papas so i suppose I could just get a buggy . I was thinkin I'd get the seat that sits on to the buggy for handiness but then again they are in these things for such a short time it's probably a waste of money.
    It's hard to know what to do!!Lashes the summer months are tough but i can claim on my stamps for the 10 weeks so it's not all bad!

Isn't there some city jogger buggy you can get? I've seen it mentioned in other threads, Daddy bought the buggy already,so I have no choice in the matter but I can't complain,it's the one I loved but thought I'd never get!!

I had a customer throw a shoe on the ground and say,yep I will have that one , like seriously you couldn't have just handed it to me? The mind boggles.

We're you long in the hospital Bobskii? My next app isn't until November and I'm looking forward to it, in the Mlu they hold their appointments in the birthing suite if there is no one in labour and it's so exciting. However she did explain that Xmas and new year is really busy so I have to book in as soon as I'm sure I'm in labour for them to fit me in.I will be devastated if that happens,it's a totally different environment to the Labour ward.

Yeh but the support for the babies back doesn't look great and it's huge,I'd say it would kill me to lift it in and out of the boot!!I need ta do a bit more lookin into It!
    people are so ignorant aren't they,bit of consideration costs nothing!!no I was only there for just over an hour so wasn't too long . was longer waiting to see the consultant than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

A friend of mine has the city select which is a brilliant buggy but so expensive. Then another has the city mini and that looks great as well but it doesn't convert to a double. Both my sisters have uppababy vista and they swear by them. they convert in time to a double for your second. they're all so expensive though and although i see thje value that you'd get back from it the hubby is having difficulty when he sees buggies advertised for €100-200....

Mirror wall, I am pretty sure your sick leave during pregnancy is not included in your normal sick leave. Mind yourself. The pace in school is so fast, it can be very tough especially with something like asthma. I am lucky that I don't have to buy anything but I love looking at the buggies. I met someone recently with that mini city jogger. I have never seen a buggy fold up so easily. You can do it with one hand in one move. I had serious buggy envy!

fall wrote: »
    Mirror wall, I am pretty sure your sick leave during pregnancy is not included in your normal sick leave. Mind yourself. The pace in school is so fast, it can be very tough especially with something like asthma. I am lucky that I don't have to buy anything but I love looking at the buggies. I met someone recently with that mini city jogger. I have never seen a buggy fold up so easily. You can do it with one hand in one move. I had serious buggy envy!

Unfortunately it does since September 1st, aren't I lucky?! I'll manage. I'm bored now even if I'm still coughing but hopefully I'll be back on Thursday for the two days, and next week is a four day week for us (albeit with one very late night for First Year Welcome Night) so should manage to get back in without too much trouble. I can't complain too much though because I seem to have accidentally fallen at one of the "best" times of the year for a teacher in that I can go out Dec 1st and have my 26 weeks run to June 1st when in reality I won't be back until September. Which is a relief on childcare costs too

I have to say I'm glad we made a decision on the system, I was dreaming about buggies/carseats rofl

http://www.tui.ie/_fileupload/cl0011_2011.pdf
    Check out article 14 on this link Mirrorwall. You are entitled to separate leave but it has to clearly stated as pregnancy related. Hope that helps you because it is so stressful being sick and pregnant without having to worry about days.

• Advertisement

fall wrote: »
    http://www.tui.ie/_fileupload/cl0011_2011.pdf
    Check out article 14 on this link Mirrorwall. You are entitled to separate leave but it has to clearly stated as pregnancy related. Hope that helps you because it is so stressful being sick and pregnant without having to worry about days.

Unfortunately Section 15 of the new circular applies. If I waste all of my sick leave then I can continue at half pay is how I read it but maybe I'm wrong?

Section 15 is based on this here http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/pdf/2014/en.si.2014.0124.pdf
    I am almost certain that it is for someone who has exhausted their half pay entitlement and that instead of being moved on to illness benefit they will continue to receive half pay. Ask your union rep for clarification. I hate the way the word those documents, they cause so much confusion!

So confusing! I'd be delighted if it was still separate as I had a bad dose last January too with the asthma and in fairness to me, this time the hospitalisation was only because of the "complication" of pregnancy with the asthma-not just the asthma!

Fingers crossed, roll on December first!

Yup. Popped off a mail to the TUI there so we'll see what they say!

I'm having fun here doing up a list of what I want to get in aldi :)

I want the bath seat. I have mother in law on standby to get one because I will be at work. What are you hoping to get!

I've absolutely nothing except a travel system at this point and given I'm not far off viability now I want to start stocking up so at the recommendations from the infant and toddler bargain thread:

Sterliser 8.99
    Bottles 14.99
    Muslin cloths 3.49
    Large muslin 4.99
    Thermometer 11.99

It's great to start getting organised. I am sure I will get more once I get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gonna drop in for the Thermometer myself, I'm sure I'll pick up a few other bits while I'm there

• Advertisement

I was gonna get the bottles in argos coz they were cheaper but they were out of stock. Still cheaper than the main prices.

And yes, I like to be organised :) I'm engrossed in putting all the advice from the stuff for newborns thread into a word document for myself!

Advertisement