Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

my sister in law reckons aldi own bran sudocream is a must have!sudo cream is a ridiculous price!I got the bottles in argos Monday and I already have a steriliser it was reduced to €5 In lidl ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

bobskii wrote: »
    my sister in law reckons aldi own bran sudocream is a must have!sudo cream is a ridiculous price!I got the bottles in argos Monday and I already have a steriliser it was reduced to €5 In lidl ages ago.

Sudocreme is ridiculously expensive I agree!!

BTW if anyone is interested this is a kind of summary of info I've been given elsewhere or gotten here on boards. Its my checklist and my family have asked for it as they want to get me stuff that I want, not just cute outfits

Clothes
    Sleepsacks (TK max or online, 0-6 months 2.5tog, not hugely necessary at first-can use cellular blankets)
    Sleepsuits (button up the front! Look for a couple with hand mitts. Mothercare or M&S are great but on sale only. Tesco good but won’t last as long. 5-6 in each size range)
    Bodysuits (short/long sleeves (mixed opinions), aldi are good, tesco on sale great value)
    Cardigans (very hard to find, pennys sometimes)
    Hats (one or two maximum)
    Socks/Booties (minimal, not really needed)
    Coat (M&S or Next during sale, alternatively pennys. Some prefer snowsuits-awkward for car sear, be careful)
    Blanket for stroller (cellular blankets: aldi, guineys; one fleece blanket for pram maybe)
    Muslin Cloths (aldi all the way)
    Bibs (look for sale bibs, ones that clip at the side at the front, guineys maybe)
    Hooded towels (luxury item, aldi do nice ones)
    Crib sheets (pillowcases will do)

Consumables etc
    Babywipes (Waterwipes very good for newborns, look for aldi baby events or supermarket offers but don’t overstock)
    Nappies (don’t overstock until baby is born, get one/two packs at most of small size after that bulk buy at childrens allowance offers in supermarkets)
    Soothers (orthodontic where possible. Watch price, can be expensive)
    Nappy bags (cheapest is fine, tesco value or aldi events)
    Formula (will be provided in hospital initially, one can to start with in case breastfeeding doesn't work out)
    Baby Body wash (luxury item, as natural as possible-water and cotton buds fine early on)
    Bottles (tommee tippee-aldi event for bottles and steriliser)
    Cotton pads/swabs (as cheap as possible, check supermarkets)
    Vaseline/Sudocreme (aldi event cheaper alternative, one pot each)
    Fever reducer (neurofen, calpol)
    Soft brush and comb (any cheap ones, two euro shop)

Stuff
    Travel system (bought)
    Cot (gifted second hand)
    Digital thermometer (aldi event)
    Baby nail clippers (guineys or sam mc cauley online)
    Baby bath (aldi event, or bucket from amazon)
    Travel Cot (Amazon, mothercare or any sale, preferably one with changing station)
    Bouncer (baby bouncer, any. Luxury item fisher price rock and play or cheaper fisher price adorable animals. Second hand fine)
    Tummy time Island play gym (luxury item, not really necessary. Offer on amazon!)
    Gro clock sleep timer (luxury item, not needed til baby is older but nice item)

that's a great list think ill screen shot it!lookin at it I've all the big stuff got except the buggy must have another look online tonight!water wipes are allowed in the hospital and are supposed to be good for newborns sticky number 2's! sorry first timers but it's one thing that I remember from having my first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Eek i think I have everything too!! Not mad on the grow bag lads,I didn't have one last time so think I can survive this time,

For my changing bag I think I'm gonna treat myself to a nice big shopper style bag as the prices of them are ridiculous may as well get one that I like.

Was in tescos today didn't see much in their sale, m and s and zara had better Tbh. Got their up to one month baby grows and omg they are tiny! Think I'll change them to bigger

So so jealous of all you teachers!!

Don't be jealous of me this week. I'm pretty sure they couldn't get a proper sub even though it was two weeks so I'm going to be run off my feet trying to put the classes back together and get the exam classes on track. Come Dec 1st though, I can completely understand! My mother is actually jealous and she was a teacher, they had SFA maternity entitlements back then

Edit: Also feel less guilty about wanting to be organised if you guys have everything on those lists!!!

• Advertisement

I saw lovely changing bags yesterday but at €100 a bag they stayed put!!
    I'm lookin forward to pickin up bits and pieces of clothes now in the run up to Christmas!will be b takin maternity leave from the second week in December hopefully!

bobskii wrote: »
    I saw lovely changing bags yesterday but at €100 a bag they stayed put!!
    I'm lookin forward to pickin up bits and pieces of clothes now in the run up to Christmas!will be b takin maternity leave from the second week in December hopefully!

100?! Holy god! There's a few nice ones on amazon I've my eye on, I have a 10e voucher to be used for there too from my birthday

Yeh I kno,I was lookin at them thinkin hmmmm think ill b get that,cue laughing from my oh when I seen the price!I'll have a look on the net now for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Spotted lovely cardigans in heatons. On the sudocreme I barely used it on my first and I get it free from someone who works where they distribute it from. Have tubs of the stuff unopened. I preferred caldesene powder for nappy changing. Also dear but my son never got nappy rash and I used only that.
    Great to have a list to check off.
    Does anyone else have that sense of excitement building when you see each of the month threads passing? The September group are half way there.

Actually use sudocreme myself so I don't mind having it to hand. Must remember about caldesene. It's fascinating but a little terrifying. I stalk baby bumps on reddit too and was completely freaked to see someone due in May recently!!

• Advertisement

I thought I was the only one that stalked all the threads,it's just crazy how quick they are passing by.is it wrong to still feel newly pregnant at this stage?

Hoping for maternity leave second week of December too.

Yeah was looking at the 100 Euro bags too, one from river island will do the job and look decent.

+++ 1 on the caledsene powder, it dries out the nappy rash rather than making it wetter with sudocreme although I did get a little one in the eu mom pack that I have just in case.

oh must have a look in river Island,it's that long since I had a shopping spree I forget what it's like!must invest in some of that powder sounds like it's good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Home this evening after three days in coombe monitored for high pulse with asthma attack. Have to say they are amazing in there, very happy with everything (bar the mental 16hr food gap over night). Very reassured that they know what they are doing. 20 weeks, halfway there!
    Oh god hope you n babs are ok? I remember the hunger I felt when I was in the coombe after having Ds1.STARVING much. I had Dp bring me in food as was so hungry by 11 pm. Think tea is around 4pm??

lashofeye wrote: »
    Oh god hope you n babs are ok? I remember the hunger I felt when I was in the coombe after having Ds1.STARVING much. I had Dp bring me in food as was so hungry by 11 pm. Think tea is around 4pm??

All ok now, BP regular and pulse went below 100 for the first time in two weeks yesterday! Off the steroids/antibiotics now and in for a check up in the morning.

Tea is at 4, I was also starving!! Ended up running down and getting a sandwich to go in the cafe and sticking it in the locker

Oh and lashes I stalk everything :) I go through phases of posting lots but i'm always reading!

My uncle is a take away delivery driver and was saying some nights the hospital is his biggest customer, no wonder why if they try to starve ya!!

Also anyone else finding out the sex??

Laughing at the take away, that does not surprise me in the least! I'm finding out for sure though lots of people seem to think I'm nuts.

another thing people have an opinion on!its personal choice and the further on I get the handier i think it would be to kno!This monkey is kicking the daylights out of me tonight!

Opinions on everything-its crazy! I'm not sure why the surprise is supposed to be so much greater at birth than at the scan? And frankly at the scan we'll both be able to pay a hell of a lot more attention than me possibly being exhausted, starving and maybe even drugged up if I've had to have a caesarean!

I only started recognising it a few days ago so I'm completely fascinated by the activity still :) I'm sure it'll wear off but right now its making it feel really real!

TUI confirmed pregnancy sick leave is now the same as ordinary sick leave :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Also anyone else finding out the sex??

We did last week and we've been in two minds all along whether we would but I have to say it makes it all the more exciting! Can talk to him and put a little personality on him and try out names. We love knowing and imagining different things off in the future! :-) Makes it the more real and fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

God that's crap Mirrorwall. God help someone sick for their entire pregnancy. Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hey Lashes,
    I found out the sex as I could not wait until Jan, am having a boy and a girl.
    was squinting at the screen to see if I could make it out myself but no joy, consultant was able to tell straight away.

One of each how amazing Millie!! I love knowing that it's a little girl growing inside me, everythting I've bought is pink but I'm a disaster on names, I'll be the only person to know I'm having a girl and leave the hospital nameless!!

one of each is just perfect!!I'm just shattered this day . bed is calling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Oh God the names!
    Have a boys name nailed on, the girl is trickier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Lol I remember the woman next to me ordering a Pizza , to the 'COOOEME" LOL!!! seriously you do be starved. Re Nappy changing bags 48 euro in Kildare Village for Cath Kidston ones!

Girls names can be so difficult, they can sound really common or really weird?!

Yeah feeling pretty tired these days!! From what stage do you count movement? Some days I feel loads and other days very little or maybe I don't notice??

oh I was just wondering that myself (still awake here even tho I swore I'd be asleep) babs usually moves about when I lay down buy not so much tonight . probably wrecked from booting me all day!I don't usually feel it during the day though.

• Advertisement

Mines kicking up a storm the last few days but i think its because it feels new and I haven't been at work to be distracted by it. Asfaik its third trimester you start doing kick counts?

Advertisement