Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

it's lovely isn't it,not so much when I'm working though and the kicks are directed at my bladder!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Best of luck ladies. I'm just putting my now 7 month old to bed. This time last year I was still getting sick (never went away) and thought it never would end but time goes so quickly and before you know it they are here 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh kicks to the bladder are unreal!! Tonight I'm lying with my tummy smoothered in bio oil watching her kick and move from side to side, I can actually see it!! I really enjoy moments like this!

my poor bladder was kicked non stop after dinner today!!I lo email watching my belly move!

It's amazing! I remember the last time missing the movement inside when my son was born and now it's coming back to me why. Today I love being pregnant

• Advertisement

that should have said I love watching my belly move!!I don't remember much of this on my first(so long ago plus I was young).I do remember feeling flutters tho and thinkin wtf is that lol!now I'm noticing everythin and enjoying every minute of it . today was the first day I really felt pregnant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Heartburn is something shocking tonight but I had my scan this morning and baby is bang on measurements with no issues visible. The midwife is also absolutely certain that its a boy. At the end she was saying that they are usually 85% accurate with gender but in my case she could say with 185% certainty it was a boy rofl!

Also I may have bought a bit more than anticipated at Aldi and I forgot the thermometer! :)

tO74WVI.jpg

I'm awake at this hour fantasizing bout sucking warm water through a sponge. I have had a glass of water but still can't sleep for the want.

Pregnancy is crazy

lol!at least I'm just awake!give me ten mins and ill probably want a drink after readin that!

Up half the night myself. Wanted to strangle my OH when he had a shower at 5. I'd only been asleep for two hours

• Advertisement

are you back at work mirrorwall?I only got 2 hrs sleep sat nifgt/sun morning . I had to work then so I was wrecked last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Had a scare yesterday, spent a few hours in hospital. I basically have to slow down. So tired today.

oh you poor thing . hope you're feeling better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hope you feel better soon fall. Not nice having to deal with those things. I have my 2nd consultants app tomorrow I hope she gives us a scan, be it a small one !

I get scanned at every hospital visit . last one couldn't really see much apart from a hand and baby's head . its nice for reassurance tho

Mind yourself "fall". Ya I'm back at work bobskii, since Thursday. Taking it as easy as possible which for me means making an effort to actually sit down at lunch :) I still forget to eat/go to the bathroom but I did take a half hour break at lunch today lol. We have a school event on Thursday so I'm up to my eyes in schedules even with a dedicated bunch of TYs and another teacher helping as I end up organising all their meet ups even if I'm teaching when they are ongoing!

Hope your doing well fall, I can't imagine the stress and shock of having a scare at this stage, xxx

On a rant note, work have decided to cut my days due to the huge deliveries and not wanting to pay extra people to come in, is there any way around this do you guys know?? Have been googling but it's hard to find any info on my exact situation! I'm full time but Mondays and Tuesdays are the days they don't want me working. I understand it's for my safety but I need the money, single mammy cannot survive on this!!

Thanks all. Off work for the time being. It was mad being in the assessment ward, woman next to me was having contractions! Not sure where you could get info Lashes but maybe try citizens information or the health and safety authority website. That's very unfair on you.

Just home from visiting my cousin and her beautiful spanking new daughter, she had her in MLU,it's all feeling so real! Eek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

I had a Glucose test today as its in the family and one of the results came back slightly high :( so they are going to treat it as Gestational diabetes !!!! AM back on thursday and again on tuesday of next week !

shoite! I've ta go for that next Monday!

Thanks Lashofeye, they actually done a u turn once I screen shorted the info and sent it to my area manager.

This glucose test any one know if it's one of those things that's not done in every hospital?.it was never mentioned to me, I'm in for my 27 week check up with doc on Friday,back to hospital in three weeks.

There's more baby gros bought the weekend in the next sale is amazing and love them as they have built in mittens.

Ps seen every hour last night until 6.15 with heartburn and back ache that no amount of gaviscon or pillows could cure. Alarm went off at 7 i could have cried, how am I gonna deal with sleepless nights? There will be tears from me and baba I tell ya

Lashes28 wrote:
    This glucose test any one know if it's one of those things that's not done in every hospital?.it was never mentioned to me, I'm in for my 27 week check up with doc on Friday,back to hospital in three weeks.

they only do it if it's in your family or your at high risk of developing it far as in kno lashes.

Thanks bobskii, my sis in law had hers but she is quite a good bit over weight so that could be the difference

How's all the teachers doing back at work?? Just figured I have a week's holidays left to me so might leave for maternity a week earlier. Can't believe time is flying by so quickly!

that's probably why then!works a pain in the ass I'm lookin forward to finishing!it involves heavy lifting and my back does be broke at night . apart from that I can't actually complain . I haven't had heart burn yet . am up every few hours to pee but I was like that before I got pregnant anyway .

Oh Lashes I was the same for the last two weeks. Chronic heartburn and the ache in my ribs was unreal. I was fighting with the pillows, tossing and turning. Last night was my first nights sleep ( three pees but that's normal!) in two weeks. I really was reminded of the night feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

oh yeah the heartburn and backache is a killer. I find swimming really helps with my back.
    I started throwing up this morning again, first time in eight weeks. Please God its not morning sickness back again, surely it cant just come back ?

• Advertisement

It can come back unfortunately Millie14. Some lovely pregnancy insomnia right now, awake an hour and a half.

Advertisement