Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Did you get sorted then lashes? your not being let go on the 2 days then? I remember looking up all that info 6 years ago on my first as work was thinking of letting em go, in the end i had borderline pre eclampsia so was told to leave work 8 weeks early !

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Ah yeah insomnia!!
    Seems so unfair to not be able to sleep through the night pre -baby given that once they arrive there is no more sleeping through anyway. And mother of God, how much can one person wee ?
    Had 24 week scan to day and had an internal scan too. All is good thank God, Amazing to see their little faces and arms, its mad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

That's great Millie. The scans are so reassuring.

They are Fall!, a big relief when you can see all is going well.
    I had an internal scan too to measure my cervix. Apparently if it starts shortening it indicates early labour . Strangest thing was we could see the top of twin ones head right there all ready and in position.
    I wonder is it too early to start putting the crib together ?

Wow that's amazing. I had one of those scans too. Might be no harm putting the crib up. I will be in the third trimester on Friday!

• Advertisement

Oh cool ! you're into the final hurdle.
    Third trimester - bring it one.
    in some ways everything goes so slowly and sometimes it is like everything is flying along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hope all are keeping well? Had our big scan and all is well. 24 weeks now, it's mad, my apps not far from under 100 days eek! Got my travel system today. My corner of the sitting room needs to be transferred to the spare room- I'm going to have to clean it out ASAP me thinks!

Hi there , congrats on the 24 weeks !

was it hard to put together ( travel system) ? I must tackle the buggy soon and pump up the bloody tires.

millie14 wrote: »
    Hi there , congrats on the 24 weeks !

was it hard to put together ( travel system) ? I must tackle the buggy soon and pump up the bloody tires.

Not really, came more or less up its just bullky!

27 weeks tomorrow eekkkk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

same here!work is becoming a bit much for me now I dunno if ill make it to December!

anybody else got their hospital bag packed yet?my friend laughed at me today when I said I had bought nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah Lashofeye sorted at work,not been let go and have someone in to help when it's busy,thank god one less stress!!

Bobskii, I have both mine and baby's bags packed for hospital!! I couldn't make out what I still needed so best way to do it was to pack and make a list..

Fall how are you doing after your scare?

Hope all is doing well,times really flying in, in loving the talk about Xmas coming this year, we will be so so close to bubbas then!!

27 weeks today! I haven't packed my bag yet but did santa shop for my son in case I go early. My husband said he was so grateful I had it done when I came home from hospital. I think he got more of a fright! I am hoping to write my birth preferences this weekend. I am using gentle birth techniques so listening to my CDs and doing lots of mental planning. My bump just grew so much in the last two weeks. Can't believe I am in the third trimester. Delighted everyone is doing well. It's so exciting, the October babies are already arriving!

only 13 weeks left it sur Is flying by.Work is getting worse by,dunno if it's because I'm pregnant and can't be dealing with all the drama or what!!

gonna get my act together now and get my bags sorted out for hospital.

Hi allyes I have started to pack my labour bag and baby bag/post delivery bag. I had been picking up a few bits and talking to some new mammies for tips/advice.At least they are started:) I packed a pink and blue outfit just in case !:)

good thinking!I've kept a blue outfit from my first baby many moons ago so might get something pink and just use it if it's a girl . I have a few bits picked up my at sort through them and see what I have.

Went for check up in docs and she's not happy that I have a flu and to work on my feet all day (my doc shops in where I work so she knows what it's like) so she signed me off until Monday,I feel like craps but now in bed watching a DVD,bliss!! Also she was not happy with stuff in my urine again,thinks it's another infection so waiting on results.

My son picked out an outfit to bring baby home, it's one we had brought him home in,so it has become a tradition lol

I'm so jealous of your Santa shopping!! All my lad wants this year is a electric pencil parer so I might be ok lol

I have all my shopping done too I had started in Jan with sale bits and got a few in the argos clearance sale in July too. Have spent 65 euro got about 250 worth of stuff! Hope u feel better soon, nothing better than bed and a dvd on a day like this ;)

Huge amount of white blood cells in my urine so another swab with doc next week :( I know I have to get my bits out for the main event but didn't think they would be so soon :( not looking forward

• Advertisement

what does white cells in your urine mean lashes?

A sign of some sort of infection I think, a uti or bacterial one like I had before. I'm booked in for Tuesday to get swabbed anyways

Last night I felt so achy everywhere and so moany too!! My back is in bits,my feet are not fitting into my shoes anymore,and had weird stretchy type crampy pains in the bottom of my bump. I've also developed a waddle,her head or something feels like it's lodged into the side of my hip resulting in a funny walk... /rant!!

How is everyone else doing?? I'm still in shock at how quick the weeks are flying in, the countdown for Xmas is on and I'm due a week after...eeeekk!!!

well not that I'm happy to hear your in pain but that's exactly how I felt last night . horrible crampy pains in the bottom of my bump(which seems to have doubled in size in this week) my legs feel like concrete blocks and I was kinda woozy when I came home yesterday.

Midwife reckons baby is either breech or oblique she said he/she is lying funny anyway .

My bump definitely got bigger this week. Delighted I am doing domino. Had 28 week appt. this week and I was waiting less than five minutes to be seen. I am getting so excited now. Did your doctor send your sample of to the lab lashes? My GP thought I has white cells in my urine a few weeks ago and sent it off but I didn't need any swabs. Sample was fine in the end. White cells usually indicate infection. Your body produces them to fight infection.

I've had one sent off for blood cells too and it was fine.

I have keytones in my urine. Doc wants me to ring the hospital Monday and get them to do my GD test earlier :( thought maybe it was dehydration but my sis did it again for me last night and definitely there. No sugar tho so I suppose that's a good sign.

I have myself convinced that I have diabetes and am completely depressed about it. Add to that my rhinitis is driving me batty and my lower back is killing me and I'm one cranky lady this weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Hi ladies January 2014 birth here. I was prone to UTI's in each of my pregnancies and it got to the stage where I would just know I had one. My eldest is 19 and one infection on him set of early labour but they were able to stop it. I found myself this time last year just getting really tired I also had SPD and was still getting sick so I used to shop online for Santa stuff from Smyths and from Guineys for the new arrival. It was so much easier. One thing I did forget in my hospital bag was cotton balls to wipe baby's bottom was in a panic when she had her first bowel movement.

Good luck to you all not long left now

Yes she sent off the sample to the lab, from what I gather, if it grows in the lab it's infection,if not it isn't??

Oh bobskii! I am so happy someone else is feeling my pain lol, my feet feel like they have ran a marathon by the end of each day,

yeah doc is guessing that baby has bum to my right and head to left of mytummy, plenty of time to turn yet.

What does ketones in the urine mean??

in think they show up when your body breaks down fat for energy cos it's not takin in enough so it's using whatever you have stored . I'm not sur if that's 100% correct tho.

lashes I'm done in after a 9 hour shift midwife reckons I should be thinkin about calling it a day at 33 weeks, time will tell . have the cramps on and off today . is that the bump growing or what they are pretty annoying . feel like somethings pulling on the bottom of my bump today too.

Yeah lashes that's right, if the bacteria grows it shows there is infection. I am so shattered by the time I get home everyday. I will be finishing up work at 34 weeks. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

Bobskii how Are you doing now?? Has thé pains eased?that doesn't sound like fun at all, not unless it's brackston hicks already??

Yeah,my white bits grew in the lab, so swab is next port of call, then wait for results of that to diagnose and treat it.I just wish it wasn't my doctor doing it,its a new practice (I've moved from another withh them) so they have no nurse yet!
    She actually had a chat with me and recommended rethinking working up to 38 weeks, so if she was to sign me off that would be great. I can't believe how exhausted I am lately though.
    Swimming tomorrow hopefully that might sort a few muscles out.

Also I know I'm a bit late but woohoo I'm in the third trimester!!

Advertisement