Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

they have eased a bit . dunno what it is . It's there when I go ta stand up and I walked the dog earlier and he dragged the lead and that didn't help I felt it again . I don't think it's braxton hicks it's not coming and going on and off . I can feel It now cos I moved there ta get up(then decided not ta).

Yeh I think if the doc signs me off ill just agree with her . I'm not fit for what my work involves(lots of heavy lifting) and I'm afraid I'll do damage,and already starting to think maybe that's what this pain is!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Bobskii definitely get signed off. Your employer should not have you lifting heavy things. I think that's partly why I had a bleed a few weeks ago. I lifted something and the second I did it felt wrong. Listen to your body and mind yourself and your precious baby. I have to keep saying that to myself and forcing myself to slow down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I second that bobskii, don't take any chances!

Does anyone know if theres any issues getting paid for the Summer if your maternity leave ends in June? Someone asked yesterday did I not need to go back for a day in may?! I have a full time CID

Hi Mirrorwall, I am pretty sure you only need to go back if you have been out on sick leave. What date are you finishing up? I hope to go at the end of November and not have to come back until September next year.

fall wrote: »
    Hi Mirrorwall, I am pretty sure you only need to go back if you have been out on sick leave. What date are you finishing up? I hope to go at the end of November and not have to come back until September next year.

Oh that's great! I think 26 weeks runs dec 1st to June 1st so that was my plan at the mo

• Advertisement

That's my plan too but if I am finding it too hard in November I might go one week earlier and come back for the last week. The leave has worked out well for us, I lost all of my summer holidays on my first as it overlapped with my maternity.

That's my plan too but if I am finding it too hard in November I might go one week earlier and come back for the last week. The leave has worked out well for us, I lost all of my summer holidays on my first as it overlapped with my maternity.

It has worked on unintentionally nicely as you say. I have a school show at the end of November so I'm going to try and stick it out. They have cover lined up just in case tho as I've already had 2 weeks off work in September. Like you if I end up sick in November Im just going to go out on maternity early

I have sixth years and I am also hoping to last as long as possible particularly for them. Good on you doing a show, it's a massive amount of work with lots of late nights. Make sure you mind yourself.

I have sixth years and I am also hoping to last as long as possible particularly for them. Good on you doing a show, it's a massive amount of work with lots of late nights. Make sure you mind yourself.

In fairness the school have been good, there's a second music teacher involved thank god. They changed to a variety show when I went out sick as we were nearly a month late with auditions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi Ladies,

hope ye are all feeling a bit better, don't push yourselves too hard and don't be afraid to take time off, this baby growing business is hard work on our bodies.

• Advertisement

I avoided lifting today as much as possible . my employer hasn't a clue really how much heavy lifting is involved . I think I'll go to the doc tomorrow as I had that pain again today and it's annoying me now . Just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Isn't it hard to think how women have big families?? I would dread the thoughts of this struggle 8 or 9 times,

went swimming today with my son it was amazing had a great time and it's the first night in ages my feet aren't singing a song of pain to me at this hour!!

I defo don't think I'll be making it until December at work, I'm in all day tomoz with a delivery out and one in, on my own. Not gonna push myself too hard, if it don't get done, it don't get done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi bobskii,

Def get it checked out. I had a woman crash into me last weekend and I waited a few days to go to doctor as I didn't feel that the impact had hurt me. Thankfully everything was fine but when the doctor puts the heartbeat thing on and you can hear them it really puts your mind a rest. I think heavy lifting is unfair on you in pregnancy. Can you have a word with your employer to change duties a bit?

hi millie thanks I will . switching duties isn't an option really,it's just me and a another girl who cover this section and we only work together 2 half days . I'll go tomorrow . and get it checked out to be sure . It seems to be when I bend down or stretch up so new I might have pulled something.

I was thinking about it earlier and it seems to be there since I was with the midwife Friday . so I dunno I'm baffled . that was the first time she examined my bump thoroughly . So I dunno maybe she will be able to tell me more!

I don't think I'll make it to December myself,I'll be very surprised if I do but like ye I was hoping my maternity leave would run right through to next September!

How did you get on bobskii? Are you any the wiser?

headed down first thing this morning lashes . sat down and burst out crying!!crazy flipping hormones lol!she said it's scar tissue from my section be in stretch and pulled and lifting at work has made it worse .she wanted ta put me off for the week but I told her ta just give me a letter saying no Lifting for the duration!

headed down first thing this morning lashes . sat down and burst out crying!!crazy flipping hormones lol!she said it's scar tissue from my section be in stretch and pulled and lifting at work has made it worse .she wanted ta put me off for the week but I told her ta just give me a letter saying no Lifting for the duration!

bobskii wrote: »

Be careful of yourself now, definitely no more lifting. Great that all is ok

I know the feeling on the crying. Slept for four hours after school today coz I was so tired. Got up and cried on the OH coz I felt bad for considering taking a day off for exhaustion. I think the crying is standard stress reaction tbh!

ah I hate the tears!!my doctor is just so lovely I couldn't help it!like that I was tired was up at stupid o'clock then went back to bed for couple of hours till ten this morning and so was really only awake when I headed to the doc!
    I'm doing no more lifting at work I decided that today after talkin to the doctor,I've put 6 long stressful years into getting pregnant and I'm not gonna jeopardise it now!

Definitely no more lifting! It's just not worth the stress and fear that comes with it. I carried an amp last week without thinking and was sore that night and immediately terrified! totally fine the next morning but the pains are a lesson to us to take it easy!

• Advertisement

definitely!and note taken from doctor to slow down I'm always racing a mile a minute to get things done,usually for other people . She said put yourself first for the next 12 weeks and after that I'll have another priority!

So for the labour bag, how big a bag are we talking? And whats the split of stuff? Like the coombe have a big long list of stuff you need but they don't split it into pre/post delivery bags! And there's a shed load of stuff in total, do people bring a suitcase or what? The baby stuff alone on that list would take up over half a on board flight suitcase!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

So for the labour bag, how big a bag are we talking? And whats the split of stuff? Like the coombe have a big long list of stuff you need but they don't split it into pre/post delivery bags! And there's a shed load of stuff in total, do people bring a suitcase or what? The baby stuff alone on that list would take up over half a on board flight suitcase!
    I think the maternity guide book from the coombe has a section that splits labour bag from post delivery

I intend bringing a bag for me and a bag for babs. then having extra stuff at home for the oh to bring I need as and when I need it .

nuttykat wrote: »
    I think the maternity guide book from the coombe has a section that splits labour bag from post delivery

Shoot I have no clue where that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

You'll find it online on the coombe website

Found that thanks! But it says that all the babys gear goes in the labour bag, like 6 babygros, 6 vests, 2 towels, 3 blankets etc, surely thats way overkill?? I would have thought most of that would be for the ward

lashes how did you fare put with the work situation?think number gonna find myself in the same boat . they want to take a day off me to make up hours for my replacement.

I printed out the info and showed it to them, when they realised they would have to pay me they backed down, so now they have the manager doing the early shift n me in later on the busy days so I'm not missing out on hours.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/health_safety_benefit.html

The pain and pressure I am having on the front of my vagina area is unbearable this evening, I put up Halloween decorations and did loads of cleaning at work today, I must be feeling the after effects, or maybe my little lady has decided to be head down, either way,agony

• Advertisement

thanks lashes ill do the same!mines still breech I thought he/she had turned this morning but its back in the same position again . cos in can neither feel a head or a butt to my left side again!

Advertisement