Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That sounds no fun Lashes, mind yourself. I'm a little stressed this evening, I've been itchy all over for a couple of days but just assumed it was one of those things. Googled this evening and its a sign of liver problems particularly when soles of feet/hands are itchy which mine are. Going to buzz the hospital in the morning but if I've to go in for bloods its another day off work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

can you not go to your gp mirrorwall?

GP only does bloods in the mornings anyways so I'd still miss work and seems reluctant to treat or diagnose anything-everything gets sent to the hospital!

that's a nightmare,if I have any problem I just ring and the doc will ring me back on her lunch I'm blessed really she's very good . both her and the midwife.

Its a bit of a pain. I might try her in the morning anyways and see what they say

• Advertisement

can't do any harm . I know at the start I had itchy skin and the midwife said if it continued I would need to have a blood test to see if it was my liver function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

There's so much movement going on, so I think she's burrowing down!! Lol

I know we shouldn't be worried but how much weight gained but I have 3 stone on me :( I'm devastated. It's a minor thing on the grand scheme of things but bugging me so much.ill have some job loosing it when I'm done, hopefully I just have a heavy placenta ðŸ˜႒

How did your work react to the doctors note Bobskii??

Defo get checked mirror, sometimes I have itchy restless legs but I think it's really common during pregnancy

Lashes28 wrote: »
    There's so much movement going on, so I think she's burrowing down!! Lol

I know we shouldn't be worried but how much weight gained but I have 3 stone on me :( I'm devastated. It's a minor thing on the grand scheme of things but bugging me so much.ill have some job loosing it when I'm done, hopefully I just have a heavy placenta ðŸ˜႒

How did your work react to the doctors note Bobskii??

Defo get checked mirror, sometimes I have itchy restless legs but I think it's really common during pregnancy

Ya initially I thought it was that until I looked at my arms this morning and realised I had scratches down them rofl. Then when the soles got itchy this evening I figured I'd check it.

I'm sure it'll all fall off again Lashes. I'm looking forward to walking with the buggy!

you'll b fine lashes I've 2 stone on . I'll lose It after baby's born it'll probably take me an age but sur could be worse . plus I've under active thyroid which will leave it tougher to lose!!

my boss said nothing. The reason it and walked away . came back an hour later sayin had a replacement for me
    it obviously spurred them into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Head down here. Sometimes I get a punch from the baby that is way below the belt! Mirrorwall go to the docs and mind yourself. Just think by the time you go back next September nearly a year of your rolling leave will have passed.
    Were you guys very skinny before you got pregnant ( hope you don't mind me asking) I have some how managed to put on very little weight with this pregnancy ( around a stone) By this stage on my first I had two stone on however I was actually generally heavier starting off this time round. Baby is measuring fine so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

What are you gals doing regarding mat leave? Are you giving your exact date and going 2 weeks prior or are you going to say your date is a little later, gaining you a week or 2 the far side of it and just getting a cert to cover the rest? I know someone due same time as me roughly and she's planning on getting a cert and not going back after Christmas? I'm new to all this so wondering what the general thong is to do....

I'm a secondary teacher so I'm going early because otherwise it's 'wasted' so to speak in the summer holidays. Dec 1st cannot come fast enough

I'm way overweight, 17 stone odd now but that's actually down 10kg from the start of pregnancy. Morning sickness and a better diet plus walking has meant that I still haven't started going up. Consultant is happy. If I keep this up I'll have actually lost weight through the pregnancy. Obviously though I had a heck of a lot to lose! I was near 20 at my heaviest and had been losing weight slowly for over a year before getting pregnant

I'm pushing mine back to mid January to get my holiday pay and so I don't have to go back until September . I don't get paid for summer holidays so it makes no difference.

oh and I was 140lb before I got pregnant but I had fertility treatment and that left me about half a stone on at the start.

I was 8stone before my pregnancy but I had lost a few pound before as we were on hols for Easter,now I'm 11stone 3.

Fair play to you Mirror, my energy levels are just jacked these days although I'm craving Apple's and bananas lately thank god.
    Also have a weird loving for sponges lately, I know it sounds weird but I have such an urge to have a little chew of them. Pregnancy is such a fabulous time!!

Well done mirror that's great going. It's along time since I saw eight stone on a scale. Eleven starting pregnancy but definitely lost a few pounds at the start (no wine) so eleven stone eleven pounds now at 29 weeks.
    Are you going in on the first of December or finishing on the Friday mirrorwall? I am due to finish then too. Have you sent in your form, think it's called mb10 or something like that.

Lashes your sponge craving gave me a great laugh!

Urgh absolutely smoothered AGAIN!! Feck off nose why do we need one anyways? Lol

Yeah fall it's a tad weird but every now and then I have to have a little chew on one,whatever keeps the baby happy!! Lol

A sponge as in baby sponge or like sponge cake??!

Rang my GP this morning asking about the itch but my stupid phone had no signal so I never got any replies. Assumed that it wasn't serious and figured I'd ring again at 4 between school and the PT meeting. Turns out they'd left me two messages saying get onto the coombe I need to get bloods done. Rang the coombe, initially they wanted me in immediately but then called to say so long as I monitor kicks and they don't stop then I'm ok to fast and come in in the morning for fasting bloods. Got an awful land, had assigned it to the 'non serious' issues and gave myself an awful fright, hormones don't help with shock. Got sent home before the PT meeting and eventually got through to the OH to tell him, then passed out in the couch exhausted.

So tests in the morning. Here's hoping it isn't that serious though the midwife was a little scary specifically saying it is potentially very serious. As the OH said though she was exactly as scary as she needed to be :)

Fingers crossed

jesus mirror wall that's bound to scare the crap out of ya!scary midwifes have a purpose tho !I hope it's nothing serious.

fall your doing well yourself to have only gained 11lb!!
    does everyone feel their baby moving all day or is it only at certain times?I think mine is on the move . felt kicks in different places today

• Advertisement

Ah Mirrorwall, you must have gotten an awful fright. Good luck in the morning. Try to get some rest tonight.

Yeah Bobskii, I was worried at first but all baby measurements are bang on. I am walking a lot so I think that has definitely effected it. I put on around two and a half stone on the first baby.

I'm the same weight now as I was the day I gave birth to my first child.altho I haven't been exercising really and I was super active before hand . ran 6 days a week!

I am looking forward to getting back exercising. Running six days was good going, what kind of distances were you doing? It definitely helped me being fairly fit this time around. I walk a lot because of work and getting to and from the bus stop. I am doing nothing else but I suppose when you already have one you are always doing something.

that is very true!I take my hat off . yo people with young kids who have another on the way!10k would have been my longest distance . like that I can't wait to get back out properly exercising . I'm walking at work all day too buy it's not the same. its tiresome walking lol!

Babys still kicking away so calmer now :) It'll probably end up being nothing but its so hard not to over-react!! I used to be really good for exercise as a teenager but once I got out of college I just got dead lazy. I'm a bit better at remembering to walk but been a disaster this week. I'll have to get back into it

I still walk my dogs twice a day tho at least that's something . I find I'm either too busy or too tired ta exercise properly!

Best of luck today Mirror, hope all goes well for you.

What a rough nights sleep last night, I'm so smoothered, anyone know if I can take anything other than a paracetamol?

Yeah a baby sponge,the texture just drives me insane. I need help lol

same here on the nights sleep!although I'm back in bed now!don't think there is anything you can take. at the start in was smother and then docs said paracetamol . and drink honey and lemon in hot water . try vicks on the soles of your feet when your going to bed.

• Advertisement

Thanks lashes. Had the liver test and waiting on results but they decided to go ahead with the diabetes test too rather than waiting for another two weeks so still fasting here! At least it's killing time while waiting de results. Man the lucazade is horrible tho!

Advertisement