Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

wow that message made lots of sense :D
    2 more work days till I'm on mid term . my leg is all swelled here since I finished work,doin my best ta get it ta go down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lashes28 wrote: »
    My throat (touch wood ) is surprisingly fine, it's just on my chest now, I have a beautiful manly cough, and it's so so tight. I put getting my swab done on the long finger so I think I'll take a trip to the docs in the morning and kill two birds withh one stone

Isn't cold sores a sign of being run down or something? I suffer from them from time to time and it feels the size of an extra head on your lip and everyone is staring at it. Also my chemist sells the generic version of zovaric and it's a third of the price with same ingredients, to save you a few Bob bobskii ;)

Very hot shower/bath and sit in the room with it. Alternatively pierce some holes in a 2l plastic bottle and put hot water in it (not boiling or it'll melt a lot!). Breathe through the bottle for as long as the steam lasts. Or if you've patience something like this helps! http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Medical-Steam-Inhaler/ Really helps with chest infections/tight chest. I use it between my inhalers in an asthma attack.

no diabetes for me either!baby has turned the right way round and hopefully will stay that way!

Any of ye considering antenatal classes?
    lashes hows the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Feeling so so much better today Bobskii just as well cause I've passed it on to my son 😡

My ante natal class is a full day and happening on the first week in November midwife recommended it as it's been so long since I've been through labour. I'm a little nervous as it's gonna hit home the hard work I'm in for!!

been twice as long for me!
    I didn't do any last time so I'm gonna do one this time . I'll ring tomorrow and arrange it for a Saturday.
    The way I see it is labour isn't the hard part it's afterwards when your sleep deprived :D sorry all first time mums don't m we an to scare yas I just don't cope with begin woke very well :P

• Advertisement

a m do glad to hear your better lashes . chances are wee man would have got it anyway sur hasn't he a great mammy ta nurse him !:)

Well we are just in bed watching Malifecent,it's doing the world of good to the two of us!!

Yep mines a Saturday too, I did one last time and just remember being extremely bored,but apparently they have improved since then!!

How are you keeping Bobskii?? When are you off work?? When's your next app? I'm in on Thursday for bloods and check up in MLU. I dunno why but I get so excited about my hospital apps,maybe it's cuz I see the Labour ward again!!
    How long were u in labour last time bobskii? According to my notes I was 6 hours but I thought it was much longer.

place to be on a night like tonight!!

I'm good,was wrecked earlier but that probably from working yesterday . I was in labour for 8 hours the last time then they decided on c section. think u was in labour the day previous tho cos I remember being very agitated all day and not being able to get comfy with back pain . I actually had my last one in drogheda!
    I'm not back for 5 weeks,have ta go the doc in 3 weeks . I'll be 34 weeks when I'm back in the hospital tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mind the chest lashes.

I seem to be wrecked all the time now, can't seem to get past it. Pulled a load of muscles last night turning while trying not to wake the OH so I think it's time to move to the spare room!

I'm doing the one day course in Nov and I've two more physio classes too (the first was really excellent so I'm hoping the rest are too!)

Yeh 3rd trimester seems ta be tiresome alright!I could sleep for Ireland so long as it's not when I go to bed . have been awake last few nights at 4.30 and that's me till its time to get up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I am doing a thing called gentle birthing. It's Hypno birthing and I love it. Just spent half an hour in the bath listening to my birth rehearsal cd. Feel great after it. I am doing my ante natal course through that. You would be amazed the amount of hospital policies in Ireland that are not international best practise. You can refuse certain interventions that have been shown to increase the likelihood of sections and instrumental deliveries. Unfortunately hospitals are often driven by time and resource management.

is that through the mlu fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi everyone,
    Hope all the mamma's to be are feeling good this morning
    does anyone know if there is anything you can do about swelling in the hands and legs.
    My fingers are very swollen and it hurts to bend them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

fall wrote: »
    I am doing a thing called gentle birthing. It's Hypno birthing and I love it. Just spent half an hour in the bath listening to my birth rehearsal cd. Feel great after it. I am doing my ante natal course through that. You would be amazed the amount of hospital policies in Ireland that are not international best practise. You can refuse certain interventions that have been shown to increase the likelihood of sections and instrumental deliveries. Unfortunately hospitals are often driven by time and resource management.
    Hi Fall, how did you get involved in that programme/ where did you get info on it? What interventions are not international best practice or where can I find out about that? I'd be very interested - am I too late at this stage? Im 27 weeks? thanks

millie of . not sur I know when mine swell input my legs up . hands are an different story they usually just get stiff from my ra so not a lot I can do about that . is it certain times of the day or all the time?

Hi Nicman, sorry hectic day so only getting back here now. It's definitely not too late to start this. Google gentle birth or search for their face book page. It's set up by a mid wife and the whole philosophy is to empower women in their birth choices and to make birth a positive experience. The birth stories are amazing on the Facebook page and the amount of GPs using the techniques for their own births really interesting!
    An example of something I learnt is that continuous monitoring CTG is not best practise and can slow down labour as it confines women to a bed which is not an optimal position for labouring. You could be hooked up to that monitor from the minute you go in. I know this was what happened on my first and I had the whole failure to progress thing. I will be on that monitor for twenty minutes at a time this time around as I know that I can.

Also just to say there are a lot of women on the page who had bad first births and through this programme have had amazing second time experiences. They are not anti epidural or anything like that but you will understand every single element of the birth process and hospital policy by the time you are through. I love feeling so informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi Bobski ,

How are you feeling ? its pretty much all the time now, I guess it's just the way things will be for the next 12 weeks.
    bloody sore though.

my legs do feel like cement after standing all day at work!Just be careful that's it's nothing to do with your blood pressure tho.
    I'm exhausted tonight . had a day off today instead of taking it handy I went he'll for leather on the housework.payin for it now!

My back is just killing me!!! Argh!!!!! So much pain, n I think its the way I'm holding myself it's in the top of my bump now too

How are you doing Millie?? Have they given you a date that you will have the babies?

• Advertisement

I keep forgetting your having twins!!
    no wonder your wrecked growing one is hard enough!!have u tried a bump support lashes?I have like a tubi grip thing(like u wear on your wrist) but it's for the bump . I find it great for support when I'm at work.

I need to invest bobskii,lying in bed I'm fine or on all fours (!) but anything eLse is agony,like a burning muscular pain.

I do not envy the carrying of twins,I would never stop complaining then!! Is anyone else here applying for state maternity benefit??

touch wood I haven't had much back pain yet,I've always had a bad back but since getting pregnant it seems to have eased.
    yup I'm applying for state maternity . which reminds me must get that sorted.

Sent it off to my employer and they have sent it back to me wrote in blue pen, even though it clearly states black, anyone know is this a big deal? It took them three weeks to get it back to me so might just go over it,will probably look forged!!Grr

How's everyone with sleeping?

I've my bags packed and all of her clothes washed just need to get cracking on mattresses and SAnta for my son and I'll feel prepared

I dunno I heard something bout the pen it's wrote in can't remember what tho . I'll ring about mine tomorrow . sent the forms up to the powers who pay when I started back . haven't heard a peep since.

Hi Nicman, sorry hectic day so only getting back here now. It's definitely not too late to start this. Google gentle birth or search for their face book page. It's set up by a mid wife and the whole philosophy is to empower women in their birth choices and to make birth a positive experience. The birth stories are amazing on the Facebook page and the amount of GPs using the techniques for their own births really interesting!
    An example of something I learnt is that continuous monitoring CTG is not best practise and can slow down labour as it confines women to a bed which is not an optimal position for labouring. You could be hooked up to that monitor from the minute you go in. I know this was what happened on my first and I had the whole failure to progress thing. I will be on that monitor for twenty minutes at a time this time around as I know that I can.

Wow that sounds amazing i'll definitely look into that. My friend has a book that I keep meaning to borrow about it but then I was worried about how i'd actually follow through with an alternative birth plan then and how cooperative Irish midwives are with this. I've since looked into the CTG thing and you're so right. I'm definitely looking into this,I don't want to go in blind and regret not being more informed. Thanks so much! when are you due?

Hi Nicman, glad you found it helpful. I am due on the second of January. What about you? You will love the gentle birth stuff because they work on reducing fear through Hypno birthing and educating you about different birth choices and scenarios. They have great advice on optimal labour positions. Look up the words bishop score. It is a score that any women who is offered an induction should ask for and it will give you a good idea if your body is ready for labour or if you should wait a few days.

Hi Nicman, glad you found it helpful. I am due on the second of January. What about you? You will love the gentle birth stuff because they work on reducing fear through Hypno birthing and educating you about different birth choices and scenarios. They have great advice on optimal labour positions. Look up the words bishop score. It is a score that any women who is offered an induction should ask for and it will give you a good idea if your body is ready for labour or if you should wait a few days.

Wow that's so interesting, never heard of it! Its amazing they don't educate you on these things but i guess it's easier for them and their timeline the less you know!! thanks a million.

Im due 26th Jan :-) Usually when people ask i say "late Jan/ early Feb"! ;-)

I also say after Christmas or in the new year. Only ten weeks to go! My first was born on his due date so that would be good. Is this your first?

• Advertisement

Yep my first :-) that's why I don't want to get my hopes up about the date ;-)

Advertisement