Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

You are so right. We just have to go along with it. They all get here in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

The awkward moment you nearly faint getting bloods, never had any issues with blood needles but they couldn't get a vein and it was really hot,how will I survive labour lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh Christ lashes are u ok now?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

I think for labour bag have less and have all the rest in you hospitalbag/the car/spares at home for Dp to bring in :)

I have in my Labour Bag :

Nightdress x 2 (Got sick on one last time !!!)
    Babys first outfit (plus nappy)
    Toiletries
    flip flops
    Towel
    maternity pads
    Knickers
    Hair band
    change for car park( in the coombe, it used to be free when in labour but now its 7 euro max)
    Snacks and water to keep me going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Oh God ladies hope ye are all doing well now?..........

• Advertisement

that's my intention for the labour bag too . Then a separate one with the rest in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That sounds good. Anyone want to do a list for the other bag? I'm in the picking experienced people's brains mode :)

Also for a laugh, my boy does not seem to appreciate kegal exercises, I get the crap kicked out of me rofl. And if anyone doesn't have it there's an app for it that has progressive levels, I'm finding it good!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hey everyone,

yep Lashes the gyne is saying that I wont be going past 37 weeks come whatever so that's around the 3rd of Jan, however that's a Saturday so I seriously doubt that he will come in at the weekend to section me :) so prob the week after that. I have it in my head now that im having a c section so if I go into labour early i'll be at a loss at what to do.

I haven't heard of the belly support Bobski, I think I will have a look for one, my back is in bits, my hips and now my knees have gone whallop, its mostly nerve pain running all the way down, tbf ive put on about 2 and and half stone so im putting pressure on my back

Am not badly off though as I haven't had any other illnesses like the flu etc like some of the ladies on here, dunno how Id manage that, would go into a major sulk. I am making terrible groaning noises when I get up fierce groaning and grunting, my OH just looks but thankfully says nothing

what's the name of the app mirrorwall?did you get a list of stuff from the hospital to bring in with you?

mollies definitely look up the support I've seen loads of different ones but carrying twins I'd say you would benefit from it . Your other half obviously knows what's good for him :D

millie sorry not mollies!

• Advertisement

Yeah all good with me, they made me lie down and drink water, my midwife rang me today to make sure I was ok,bless her.

What size bag are people bringing?? I have a suit case that you would be able to bring on an airplane, and large carry bag thing, but even struggling with that

Watched a video of a lady giving birth last night.
    NEVER. AGAIN

Yeah all good with me, they made me lie down and drink water, my midwife rang me today to make sure I was ok,bless her.

What size bag are people bringing?? I have a suit case that you would be able to bring on an airplane, and large carry bag thing, but even struggling with that

Watched a video of a lady giving birth last night.
    NEVER. AGAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That's kinda nice to have a good date set though I'm laughing here at the giving birth!

It's called kegal aerobics, very simple just guides you but can set up reminders etc.

I realised I need to be more consistent when (TMI) the little fecker kicked me yesterday in aldi and I totally peed!! I didn't even need to go :( luckily I was wearing trousers under a dress but was totally mortified!!

that made me lol mirrorwall! although I know how ya feel.,getting kicked there is not fun!!Think this baby must be doing summersaults cos I get kicked everywhere!!!
    lashes why????!!!There isn't a chance of me watching anybody giving birth at this stage!!I used to watch one born even minute and that was enough for me!

Mirror wall,I'm gonna make ya feel ok,last week I had my flu,I had to wear a pad!! Coughing was ok, until whatever way baby is lying,boom it waslike niagra falls!! Lol being pregnant has really lowered my standard in life every way lol!!

I actually dunno why the heck I watched it,but I bawled like a baby throughout it! Haa I'm gonna look back on how I'm behaving and realise how hormonal I am without realising it,

more cells in my pee yesterday too antibiotics have not cleared up the infection or so it seems!!

The kicks in the bladder are excruciating . I have to run to the loo immediately, I guess they are running out of room in there.

Am bringing a big suitcase with a little bag inside to bring to theatre or delivery room, that has nightdress , knickers and pads and the babies outfits and nappies. Mid- wife at ante natal class advised me to pack the twins gear in two zip lock freezer bags that the OH can just take out of bag and hand to nurses so ive done that .

......Then this afternoon I noticed my boobs had leaked! don't even know what it was that came out. Oh the glamour of pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

Hi all,
    I'm due 15th January! :)
    Took almost 6 years to conceive! So we are over the moon!
    I'm having elective section in clonmel clueless as to the procedure any stories from elective section would be really appreciated and finally congrats on all ur pregnancys. Xxx

that reminds me must get zip lock bags!!
    I must finish packing my bag I'm so lazy . will do it next week ,must check my list of things left to get.

eill I you need another course of antibiotics lashes?
    I'd imagine space is getting tight considering it's getting tight here with just one in there!!

congrats kez. took us 6 years too and a round of ivf you must be delighted!

bobskii wrote: »
    congrats kez. took us 6 years too and a round of ivf you must be delighted!

We done the whole clomid lap and dye etc etc... Then we decided that April was the last month trying before having a break and trying iui ivf and bammm pregnant :) congratulations urself Hun x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Welcome and congrats Kez. Had a similar journey myself. Last procedure in March ( lap, dye, d and c and hysteroscopy) and then positive result in April. Couldn't believe it after five years of trying.
    Delighted that you had a positive result with ivf Bobskii. Have to get my act together packing my bags this weekend.

still find it hard to believe sometimes till I catch sight of my pregnant belly and think oh Yeh your definitely pregnant alright :D
    I must finish baby's room too I'm getting very slack!

I dunno bobskii, they have send off my sample to see if it grows again so I presume more antibiotics if it does..

Oh she could feel baby's head down but said at this stage by the time I got to the car park she could have changed position.

Millie leaky boobs how embarrassing, were you at home?? I remember that happening at work on my last pregnancy,I had to do a walk of shame to penneys to buy a new bra and top, mortified! Have you gained much weight with the twins? I think I would just pop if I had two in there, even with one I'm wondering when she's gonna slow down growing

No rush on the baby room,sure isn't that what maternity leave is for?? They won't be in it for ages anyways!!

Hi Lashes, I hope the infection clears up soon, cant imagine doing this sick.....!, ive put on two and a half stone.....so far
    Started off nine and a half and am five ft four, consultant just laughed when I asked am I going to get much bigger and said oh god yes. tbf it's all bump but my centre of gravity is seriously off kilter.

Was going for a swim when the boobs leaked, swimming is the only thing that relieves my back and hip pain , prob cos im weighless. Noticed it when I took off my hoody and top.

Welcome and congrats kez

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Sorry to hear girls that some of you are feeling ill, when pregnant and ill it seems to just multiply symptoms by 100!!!

I took all of your advice and stayed out of work for the week and I can tell ye I actually needed I cant imagine having to be in work any day!! On Mid term now so off but without the guilt or the feeling I need to hide out at home! My OH insisting we go away for a break, I used to love going away before but I think the nesting has kicked in in a big way I am happy as a pig in ****e at home at the min!!!

Welcome Kez, I too am going to Clonmel in or around that time! Spent two nights there last week and got exceptional care from the mid wives so I dont think we have anything to worry bout re care anyway!!

glad to hear that cosycottager sometimes it's all that's needed to make you feel a whole pile better!i needed this mid term myself re charge the batteries for the next ten weeks!

jesus talk about hormental today . Have spent the last hour tryin not ta cry then just had a good aul bawling session and now I'm grand . pregnancy makes ya crazy and that's a fact! !

Sorry to hear girls that some of you are feeling ill, when pregnant and ill it seems to just multiply symptoms by 100!!!

I took all of your advice and stayed out of work for the week and I can tell ye I actually needed I cant imagine having to be in work any day!! On Mid term now so off but without the guilt or the feeling I need to hide out at home! My OH insisting we go away for a break, I used to love going away before but I think the nesting has kicked in in a big way I am happy as a pig in ****e at home at the min!!!

Welcome Kez, I too am going to Clonmel in or around that time! Spent two nights there last week and got exceptional care from the mid wives so I dont think we have anything to worry bout re care anyway!!

Hi, yeh I was in overnight last month, very well looked after... 😊
    I'm having planned section on or around 15th jan! Very nervous as to what happens.. Last was 7 years ago emergency section! 😞
    Xx

i hear ya bobski,
    was crying watching supervet during the week even though all then animals survived their operations. morto.

• Advertisement

lol least I'm not on my own with the madness then!!

Advertisement