Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

It's almost November! Less than 10 weeks to go for me. I am like a child at Christmas, so so excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fall wrote: »
    It's almost November! Less than 10 weeks to go for me. I am like a child at Christmas, so so excited!

I'm the end of January so a ways to go yet. But because maternity leave starts in 4 weeks It actually feels like Christmas is coming!

I can't wait for maternity leave to start. Have loads to do around the house so really looking forward to having a few weeks to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh lads I'm the same 7 and half weeks to maternity leave,the weeks are just flying in,I'm exhausted after every day at work whether we are busy or not. I cannot believe how quick time is going and I cannot wait until Xmas this year.
    It's all a little nerve wrecking too tho!!

How are Ye all on baby movement? Some days she's obviously more relaxed than others,is this normal?

On a side note me and daddy have decided to see how things go again, I'm not sure if I'm a little bit softer with all the hormones etc but he's worked hard to get to this point so hopefully it lasts. Drama +pregnancy never a good combination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

ah that's lovely I hope things etc out for ye lashes!
    I thought maternity leave was further away just checked and I'm the same will be 7 weeks when I go back after mid term . yahoo!!

• Advertisement

work out! !

What date are you starting Urs Bobskii??I'm from 17th Dec, but considering its gonna get so so busy I'm not sure how I'll last that long!
    Yeah fingers crossed bobskii,for the time being I have my expectations set at zero,just so I don't feel let down.

same date as you lashes!altho we finish the 13th officially so I might just stay off from then!

Anyone been rhesus negative?
    I whacked my bump off the car door, sore enough to curse bloody murder and ache after. I know the baby is pretty well padded but I'm rhesus negative, is that a big enough knock to contact the midwives or am I ok do you think? Baby is still moving!

of it was me I'd just give them a buzz anyway yo put my mind at ease.

• Advertisement

In for bloods and a quick monitor. Baby fine and Was not happy about the monitor rofl! I'm not having contractions or anything so waiting on the doc to discharge and they'll ring tomorrow to come in for the anti d

that's great least by our mind is eased!
    I'm feeling very pregnant today ,I'm not moving from this couch for the rest of the day,I've been on the go all morning and will be up at stupid o'clock tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

Anyone have any idea on baby movements?? my son is 7 now and cant remember now but some days baby is really active but the last week ive struggled to get the 10 a day movements (but i have got them)? when should i be worried and go in? xx

If you are really concerned give the hospital a ring Kez. You can also try lying on your left side after drinking an ice cold drink. I find if I am very busy I might not notice the movement as much. I think it can also depend what position you are in. Kez my son is also seven, we have such a similar history!
    Glad you got checked Mirrorwall. My sister in law is rhesus negative and got a tiny bump which produced anti bodies. It's better to be cautious.
    Fire on, feet up, hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday :)

I'm not sure Kez, mine can be really busy some days and quieter other days. Today is not one of those days-he's been kicking the crap out of me :)

Ya Fall, I'm glad I went in coz I'm actually pretty sore on the bump tonight so I know I'd have been getting worried at this stage of the evening. They really are so reassuring in there and we were in and out quickly.

No fire on but our oil just ran out so it'll be fire tomorrow rofl

I just asked that this morning Kez, some days she nearly burrows her way out of my side and others she is very quiet I forget she's there!! I think it's the way they are lying, or what way the placenta is positioned, it's been 9 years since my first so I'm as clueless in ways as first timers!

Went for a two hour stroll with the dogs and my son today. First time I've gotten out like that in ages, felt great after it,need to do it more often

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

fall wrote: »
    If you are really concerned give the hospital a ring Kez. You can also try lying on your left side after drinking an ice cold drink. I find if I am very busy I might not notice the movement as much. I think it can also depend what position you are in. Kez my son is also seven, we have such a similar history!
    Glad you got checked Mirrorwall. My sister in law is rhesus negative and got a tiny bump which produced anti bodies. It's better to be cautious.
    Fire on, feet up, hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday :)

panick over.. babys been trying to get out through my stomach the last 2 days lol.... not stopped kicking and punching me :) anyone got any info on south tipperary hospital as far as sections go?? x

So exhausted today...no energy for anything. Not tired enough to sleep

same here . I actually exhausted myself walk in round Dublin . now everything hurts :(

That's what I get for yesterday, my feets feel like little balloons and stretchy achy pains in the bottom of my bump.

Have Ye seen the Robbie Williams video going around? If that's the carry on when I'm in labour,baby won't have a daddy when she's born!!

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find that the exhaustion is literally unavoidable? Like I honestly get to a pint where I have to sleep right there and then, nothing will keep me awake! This evening for example I went into the Coombes for my shot, then into smyths/Argos for the OHs birthday present and when I got home I just couldn't stay awake!

I've just seen the robbie Williams thing . There will be severe warnings doled out here tomorrow!!

I'm starting to feel that tiredness mirror wall I didn't have it at the start at all . seems anything I do now wrecks me!

+1 on the tiredness, now I feel like I have to drag myself around to do anything,even getting out of the car can be a struggle sometimes!! Eek how will I manage another 9 weeks of this??

I was just thinking that myself lashes . getting out of bed is the hardest task by times!

So wrecked too. Still in my pyjamas. Disgraceful I know! Just no energy today. The crap weather isn't encouraging me to do anything. On a positive note Spent the morning having play time with my son. Nice to give him some extra attention before the baby arrives.

I woke up, heard the rain and promptly turned over! Here getting my flu shot now

Jealous of all Ye teachers on mid term,I'm stuck at work like a zombie

midwife just called they are not happy with my results so are referring me to get a kidney scan to ensure they 're functioning properly! It's madness I don't feel sick!!

better safe than sorry lashes!I need a pj day soon . This week off is gonna fly!

Think it's a mix of tiredness and hormones, having such an emotional day, fed up of this craic.

• Advertisement

that was me this past few days . I seem to be alright today altho i'm extra cranky but my oh said that's normal for me :D

your go in through a lot in fairness lashes,bad enough the pregnancy hormones but you've emotional stuff going on with your partner too,can't be easy,chin up :)

Advertisement