Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Awe thanks bobskii feel so much better today!!
    Was back in docs today,apparently she doesn't believe it's a kidney problem and thinks it's an unsymtomatic (sp) bout of thrush! another swab sent off (nice) referral to get scan done anyways and an appointment to see consultant rather than midwives for next check up. Busy day over all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

that's great that your feeling better . has she any idea what's causing could be causing the thrush?

Nope on sepostories for the next three days,thing is I had thrush before and by god it was awful,but I feel grand! So hopefully it will clear up and my pee will be back to normal!!

How is mid term treating ya?

here's hoping it clears itself up!
    mid term is going way too fast . I seem to have something on every day . can't get a day in the house to get stuff sorted . still haven't my bag finished yet I'm a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Hi, just been reading through the thread. Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm due in 11 weeks. I'm so happy to finally reach semester 3, though not so happy at the return of morning sickness! At least it seems to be every second and just the mornings this time round. Just wondering how soon you are packing your bag for the hospital?

• Advertisement

hi hazelbee I'm finishing mine tonight(all intentions are there any way)have it half packed this few weeks.

lashes was in drogheda today,the tesco in bettystown have lovely Winnow the pooh vests and other bits and pieces reduced,I got 14 vests for 9 euro . every time I see stuff like that I think it would be so handy to know what I'm having!!

Thanks for that bobskii. I must get started so just to be safe. I am having a girl as far as I know. It's all getting more real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi Hazelbee, welcome and congrats.
    Am due in 11 weeks, got date for my section on Tuesday .. the twins will arrive on the 8th of Jan all going well.

my bag is mostly packed as there is a high risk of prem labour with twins but I think at this point everyone is as well off to have the bag pretty much done.

Pennys have lovely Disney character vests too bobski. I have to stop buying things now

glad youre feeling better lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Have my own bag nearly packed as I figured its no harm incase iv to go in for anything that hubby knows just to grab a bag. If baba came now I figure it'd be all in hospital gear so not paniced about babies bag yet.

Had 30 week check up today, midwifery lead care for me and my midwife is just lovely. Spent so much time filling me in on things and she even got the doc to give me a quick scan. Baby weghing 3.7lbs already.... eek!
    Back in for a high tech scan on 21st as possible fluid on baba's kidneys so get to c everything again!!

Hows everyone doing with names?? Just cant wait for baby to arrive now!

Yeh im the same . bag is done near enough so it'll be thrown in the boot shortly,ready for all eventualities!

what's the norm for nappies with a newborn,stock up or wait till they are born?
    I have ta stop buying myself although I did get a few bits in bigger sizes if memory serves me correct they grow at an alarming rate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Morrning everyone,

is anyone else starving or going through phases of being hungry all the time?

yesterday was one of those days , I was eating every 2-3 hours and absolutely ravenous at those times, I wonder do the babies go through growth spurts maybe?

Yeh they do millie and especially now at this stage . plus you've 2 In there double the hunger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

Hi all, had my 28 week check up yesterday baby is lying transverse but doc said not to worry as having section anyway! Got my date also.. Yehhhh lol 13th January.. 10 weeks 4 days away so scary coming quick! I hadn't even thought about my hospital bag. Oops what do ye think I will need for c section? Wil I be able to bring in hair dryer my hair is down to my bum, wud hate to be laying on wet hair! Hope ur all feeling well. X

Hi Millie,
    I'm definitely having phases of being really hungry and then I seem to see my bump growing before my eyes before everything goes back to normal. I'm having a nausea day today though. Nothing seems appetizing.

I'm due on the 13th as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope the tiredness/hormones dont last too lonf for ye all.

OP i am also rehus negitive so had full bloods done this week.Any you were right to go to hospital whne you hit bump.Glad all is ok :)

Im doing ok have diabetes clinic every 3 week/6weeks on off with midwife/consultant.All is well at last app.Have lost 5 pounds so delighted with that.

What bags he got for labour/post delivery.I have an old **** weekend bag but is much too small :( Havent really been out looking for bags as i get so wrecked , think I have tonnes of energy then im like I want to go home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Hey ladies, just to let ye know, Dunnes have special on nappies. Got a box of pampers newborn size 1 for 10 euro. Paid 12.50 a few weeks back in sale in super value so Dunnes seem the way to go.

Hoping to tey out aldi ones too once baba comes but I just bought the pampers for now!

Got approached in debenhams by the benifit counter for free make up trial thingso was thrilled with that! :-) ended up purchasing a bit too! They do say to treat urself a bit before baby comes! :-)

oh thanks for that I was lookin at them in tesco the other day and they were 14.99!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Good to know thanks. Still flattened here despite the break. I have my corrections done at least and my prep for the last few weeks but there's a school show coming up and to be honest I think even the thoughts of it is making my blood pressure rise. I honestly don't think I'm going to have the energy to do it and definitely not to deal with the stress. I'm actually having palpitations about it already.

Gonna see how the next week goes but if it is as stressful as I imagine I may just have to pull out. I'm not spending nov climbing the walls with stress, particularly when I'm already at a higher risk of preeclampsia with family history and BMI :(

I'm just dreading going back to work :(
    if I could afford not ta I wouldn't . I'm sooooo very uncomfortable this few days,can't breathe can't sit can't lie . can literally do feel my skin stretching!!

sorry for the moan!!
    mirror wall if you think anything is too much just pull out . It's really not worth it.

I know exactly how you feel-very much the same here.

Ya it's frustrating because I was out in September in hospital nothing got done so even the simple bookings of lights and sound weren't done and now we're having trouble getting anyone. On a normal year it wouldn't be a big deal coz I'm a techie and Id just hire the gear but thats not happening this year!

• Advertisement

the weeks will probably fly in but I'm starting to slow down which won't help in the job I'm in!
    is there any way you can assign other people to certain jobs and just over a see things?

bobskii wrote: »
    the weeks will probably fly in but I'm starting to slow down which won't help in the job I'm in!
    is there any way you can assign other people to certain jobs and just over a see things?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm one of those 'cannot keep hands to herself' though when it comes to show week so I'll probably need a minder to make me slow down :) though it's possible junior will do that for me!

Can you slow down yourself?

lol get someone to staple your hands to your sides!!
    I dunno my replacement is coming Into work alongside me from now on pre maybe she can take the brunt of the heavy stuff,my brain will still be fried thinking ahead of what has ta be done .

lol get someone to staple your hands to your sides!!
    I dunno my replacement is coming Into work alongside me from now on pre maybe she can take the brunt of the heavy stuff,my brain will still be fried thinking ahead of what has ta be done .

That's good, and definitely try and start passing stuff off. Not that I can talk :)

My music replacement is helping on the show and subbing in the school so I guess it's just gonna be a matter of handing over the reins now rather than later as I had planned

I will,I'd say ill have to my bump is starting to get in the way and bending/kneeling is out of the question cos I can't get back up lol!!

If you hand them over now then at least you can supervise and steer your replacement in the right direction (or the direction you want) so things are done to your standard!It's hard to step back when your used to being in the thick of it!

I will,I'd say ill have to my bump is starting to get in the way and bending/kneeling is out of the question cos I can't get back up lol!!

If you hand them over now then at least you can supervise and steer your replacement in the right direction (or the direction you want) so things are done to your standard!It's hard to step back when your used to being in the thick of it!

Definitely then-can't have you fallin over!

On a completely different note I'm having lower back/hip pain and just bought a hot water bottle in tesco-the relief!!

oh good think in. I've been having back pain this few days never thought of a hot water bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I am heading back into an inspection Mirrorwall so I know what you mean about the thoughts of going back just stressing you out. I really don't know if I will last the four weeks. Slowed down so much and sleep gone to hell. At least we are on the countdown.

fall wrote: »
    I am heading back into an inspection Mirrorwall so I know what you mean about the thoughts of going back just stressing you out. I really don't know if I will last the four weeks. Slowed down so much and sleep gone to hell. At least we are on the countdown.

Oh god that's my worst nightmare! If that happens on top of the show I definitely won't last the four weeks.

Sleep is a big issue at this stage. Is anyone getting good sleep? I'm back to the insomnia and literally having to be awake until I'm falling over before I get to sleep!

• Advertisement

Sleep is really becoming such a chore for me too!! Between being uncomfortable, back pain,heart burn and then random insomnia!

Ah lads work is just Torture lately, it's busier than ever,bending,stretching, running around and climbing ladders, as bobskii said if I could afford to I'd pack it in tomoz, gonna see what holidays I will have left before maternity leave and take them so hopefully a few days extra off.

Advertisement