Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

same here with the sleep . I literally have to be exhausted before I can sleep and even then I wake constantly,mother nature preparing us for what's ahead! well she can prepare my oh too!!!

I just keep thinking in my head 6 more weeks then I'm off again .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

I have a couple of weeks hols left I think but trying desperatly to hold on to them to add to end of my maternity leave alongwith 2 weeks from next years to give me an extra month wirh baba. Also contemplating unpaid leave maybe... but we'd need to c how finances are obviously.

Painting nursery today. Two walls a dark grey and the others a lighter grey. Will furnish with white cot etc and then add colour pending on the wee person!

I have a couple of weeks hols left I think but trying desperatly to hold on to them to add to end of my maternity leave alongwith 2 weeks from next years to give me an extra month wirh baba. Also contemplating unpaid leave maybe... but we'd need to c how finances are obviously.

Painting nursery today. Two walls a dark grey and the others a lighter grey. Will furnish with white cot etc and then add colour pending on the wee person!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

That sounds lovely Belinda!!

We have new rules at work that hols can't be carried over to next year, so will have to take them before maternity leave,but I'm not complaining lol!!

Is it wrong that I'm a little in denial that it's coming so quick? I keep thinking it's ages away but its really not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

thanks OP for the tip on pampers nappies do you know when the offer last ??? Will get a box of size ones have plenty size 2. 8 plus weeks to go ekkkk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

8/11 according to dunnes! God I'm so far behind you lashes. I've got 12 to go :(

the way babies operate ya could go before any of us mirrorwall!

lashofeye wrote: »
    thanks OP for the tip on pampers nappies do you know when the offer last ??? Will get a box of size ones have plenty size 2. 8 plus weeks to go ekkkk

I have 2 boxes of 1's now. No 2's yet.... how much of 1's do u think we'll need?? Need to buy baby clothes too for hospital too.... find it hard to buy them for some reason!

Anyone using anything to prevent strech marks??

I've one box of 1's gonna get another of them and then see how I go . might get one box of s2 . they reckon ya shouldn't stoc up on a certain brands in case babs is allergic.

I'm just using moisturiser the ones I have from my first are there . still white so haven't got any fresh ones yet,I say yet but if my tummy stretches much more ill have stretch marks on my stretch marks . great Craic this baby stuff :P

I suffered from stretch marks very badly in my teens coz I grew so fast. to be honest-nothing ever worked and my internet research this time around says the same. The creams smell lovely but don't actually prevent the buggers :) And bobskii-I already have stretch marks on stretch marks!!!

I'm only getting one box of 1's and my pack for the hospital for the moment because depending on weight they may be out of them very fast!

• Advertisement

yup im of the same opinion . If your Gonna get them you'll get them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

You are right on the stretch marks, they are hereditary. Creams won't stop them. So glad I slept last night, I have some hope of getting through school today. Have a good week everyone :-)

fall wrote: »
    You are right on the stretch marks, they are hereditary. Creams won't stop them. So glad I slept last night, I have some hope of getting through school today. Have a good week everyone :-)

So so jealous right now. I finally fell asleep at 6 and woke up at half seven :(
    Today is gonna suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Terrible sleep last night. Really not looking forward to being back to work today. Just have to keep telling myself 6 more weeks!

actually slept last night . woke a few times but got straight back asleep . wish you could bottle sleep!
    what a crappy day to b back at work!I'm not back until tomorrow!

It's not even small break and so far I've had two dizzy spells, threw up my breakfast after running out of my first years and my back already hurts. I'm assuming the dizziness is just exhaustion. Let this day be over already :(

it could be blog pressure either you need to keep an eye on that

blood pressure even!

Well it's ok on my home monitor this evening and things did settle after that (116/75). I might bring the monitor tomorrow just to keep an eye on it if I'm feeling as crappy as today!

Hey ladies, was just in aldi getting the dinner and there baby stuff half price - lots of small things but most value had to be the 100% cotton cellular blankets for 2.49!!!!! Picked up two as already had got 2 of em before!!! Good to have!

• Advertisement

My body feels like giving uo,crazy busy day at work only had enough time to inhale a sandwich and that was it!! My feet are singing

BelindaL wrote: »
    Hey ladies, was just in aldi getting the dinner and there baby stuff half price - lots of small things but most value had to be the 100% cotton cellular blankets for 2.49!!!!! Picked up two as already had got 2 of em before!!! Good to have!

Which aldi was that?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Which aldi was that?

Loughrea, galway!

might not do any harm ta have it with you mirror wall.
    dreading work tomorrow I just know I'm gonna be wrecked before I even go in . bump is getting uncomfortably big!dunno how I'm gonna Last another 8 weeks!

At max I have six weeks left of work!! How amazing is that???

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

I find those big pregnancy pillows that can go behind your back and then there is a long bit for your bump great for helping to get sleep.
    keeps you upright too if reflux is an issue.
    am drinking gaviscon from the neck of the bottle, feck then spoon.

Got a long pillow in argos today so hopefully sleep is a bit better tonight. I'm on two zantac a day plus gaviscon/rennie as I go. Its a PITA!

think I have that pillow!both actually,I must start using them altho oh might have ta move bed :D

I just had a look there now . I've 5 weeks left of work,I was counting an extra week!ah bring It on!!

bobskii wrote: »
    think I have that pillow!both actually,I must start using them altho oh might have ta move bed :D

I just had a look there now . I've 5 weeks left of work,I was counting an extra week!ah bring It on!!

Ooh that's a nice miscount! Well 3.5-4hrs sleep last night in total-that's better right?! Still feel like crap of course but could be worse!

• Advertisement

first time in my life I was happy to be wrong lol!!
    had the maddest of dreams last night they kept waking me up!

Advertisement