Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Im sleeping ok these days thanks God, had a sleepless night sunday had horrible heart burn :( Am so exhausted during the day and then have restless legs during the night !!! Anyone else suffer from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Awake every hour last night, but boy could I have slept like a log when the alarm went off,
    Restless legs, is that the horrible feeling of needing to run when in bed? I get it very ocassionally tank god, it's horrible!!

I have a definate pulling at the bottom of my bump when I get up, I think it could be my muscles (whatever's left of them) under the strain of the weight!

Started an online Santa shop last night! Better get cracking just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Anyone else having little pains in the pelvic area. I started feeling a lot of pressure and sharp little pains. Apparently baby has moved into position already!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

HazelBee wrote: »
    Anyone else having little pains in the pelvic area. I started feeling a lot of pressure and sharp little pains. Apparently baby has moved into position already!

Me too Hazel Bee - just this week. Baby was lying sideways a week ago and he has moved in the last few days and i'm feeling such pressure and pains since! I think (I may be wrong) but from around 30 weeks they should be in position and won't have the ability to move around in there freely after that? Crazy how fast it's all approaching!

Thanks for that Nicman. I was just getting a bit freaked out today. This is the first week (30 weeks) that I've had any kind of discomfort carrying the baby and was getting quite a lot of sharp pains and discomfort, but today doctor has reassured me everything is ok. I guess I am a nervous first timer and don't really know what to expect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

I am too ;-) My general approach a a first timer is once the baby is kicking or moving away, I trust the pains. I expect the uterus will do alot more growing from now onward so I'm sure that'll cause alot of little funny pains and stretched muscles, and if I feel alot of pressure some days I just try to concentrate on how high the kicks are and from that I can sort of tell he's lying a certain way which usually explains the pains/ pressure. If you feel something isn't right of course always ring the doc to put your mind at ease but I'm in the same boat as you and don't want to be ringing experienced friends/ family every time I have a pain! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Do ring if worried tho :) Im back in the coombe tonight, had bleeding this morning for the first time this pregnancy. Worked through til lunch in school and had myself mad stressed at that stage. Rang the coombe and they said come in.
    Observation and steroid shots for at least 24hrs. All going well though I get out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

hope everything is okay for ya mirror wall . take it real easy.

Hope your well soon mirror, you haven't been feeling the best the last few days, listen to your body,rest easy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Mind yourself Mirrorwall. Hope all is ok.

• Advertisement

Hope all works out ok mirrorwall

And so another night of restlessness begins!

I'm middle of the day wide awake.
    actually middle of the day I'm more tired.

Exactly!! I thought watching rubbish on telly in bed might sort me out...nope
    Bit of light reading....nope

Can actually hear my son snoring from my bed and. I am just SO jealous!

Oh tell me about it. Steroid shots make me wired so I've been corridor pacing :)

Finally I have good news, 32 week check up today and the first time my pee has no white cells, no cloudyness and my results came back as having no strep b either!!
    Yay for clean pee!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Finally I have good news, 32 week check up today and the first time my pee has no white cells, no cloudyness and my results came back as having no strep b either!!
    Yay for clean pee!!

Wahoo good for you! I'm getting released in two hours, can't frigging wait. Baby's blood did mix with mine but anti d has that covered, no bleeding since and baby is fine so I'm happy out. Certed for a couple of days because I just don't sleep on steroid shots and wandering around with about 1-2hrs of sleep trying to work is frankly hazardous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Delighted for you both. My nausea has returned with a vengeance. If this keeps up I will not survive til the end of November at work.

fall wrote: »
    Delighted for you both. My nausea has returned with a vengeance. If this keeps up I will not survive til the end of November at work.

Oh no! My doc says that the nausea returning is definitely heartburn related so I've upped the gaviscon on top of my zantac twice a day. It's a bit more intermittent now which is good. May be worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

HI girls, I hope you are all well, or at least as well as can be expected at this stage!!! Mirrorwall a special shout out to you, hope your doing ok!!!!

I spent Sunday night in hospital again. Had taken the docs advice and stayed off for the week before mid term and took it real easy over Mid Term. Was doing great, my baby has been very active all along and no different Friday night, it was doing such maneuvering that I was awake all night with it!!! Then low and behold no movement Sat or Sun so went in to be checked, was admitted, after having a melt down that I couldnt possibly take another day off!!! Anyway, it transpired that I was having contractions, I am only 30 weeks so they had to sort that. A night on countless drips seems to have stopped it! Had a scan today, all fine. But baby is still breach and doc said if it remains like that at 36 weeks they might section me, which has freaked me out as its only around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, to the teachers out there on this, I am in a real spot of bother re maternity pay. I am covering a carers leave, the lady is out taking care of family members. I had same job last year, with a fixed term contract. This year I have a Specific Purpose Contract. The ASTI lady I spoke to had never heard of such a contract and my principal had told me she could change my contract to a Fixed Term Contract but when I finally went back to school yesterday, she told me she cant as she then wont be able to sub a sub, ie sub me. When I rang the Dept there they dont know whether or not I will be entitled to be paid for my maternity leave, that all my stuff will have to be sent in first!

And, on top of all this, my principal has kinda hinted she would prefer I'd go as early as I can, the earliest I can go is Nov 24th which is now when I have agreed to go! I only got my form off her this evening and I see you need to have it sent in at least 6 weeks before hand. I will only have it in 3 weeks in advance so now I am freaking out over that. I just dunno how much more of all this hassle I can take.

Teacher = good job, my eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice would be grateful girls!!

• Advertisement

HI girls, I hope you are all well, or at least as well as can be expected at this stage!!! Mirrorwall a special shout out to you, hope your doing ok!!!!

I spent Sunday night in hospital again. Had taken the docs advice and stayed off for the week before mid term and took it real easy over Mid Term. Was doing great, my baby has been very active all along and no different Friday night, it was doing such maneuvering that I was awake all night with it!!! Then low and behold no movement Sat or Sun so went in to be checked, was admitted, after having a melt down that I couldnt possibly take another day off!!! Anyway, it transpired that I was having contractions, I am only 30 weeks so they had to sort that. A night on countless drips seems to have stopped it! Had a scan today, all fine. But baby is still breach and doc said if it remains like that at 36 weeks they might section me, which has freaked me out as its only around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, to the teachers out there on this, I am in a real spot of bother re maternity pay. I am covering a carers leave, the lady is out taking care of family members. I had same job last year, with a fixed term contract. This year I have a Specific Purpose Contract. The ASTI lady I spoke to had never heard of such a contract and my principal had told me she could change my contract to a Fixed Term Contract but when I finally went back to school yesterday, she told me she cant as she then wont be able to sub a sub, ie sub me. When I rang the Dept there they dont know whether or not I will be entitled to be paid for my maternity leave, that all my stuff will have to be sent in first!

And, on top of all this, my principal has kinda hinted she would prefer I'd go as early as I can, the earliest I can go is Nov 24th which is now when I have agreed to go! I only got my form off her this evening and I see you need to have it sent in at least 6 weeks before hand. I will only have it in 3 weeks in advance so now I am freaking out over that. I just dunno how much more of all this hassle I can take.

Teacher = good job, my eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice would be grateful girls!!

Union, are you in one? You need to ring them and keep hounding them for help. It's just not good enough on the principals part to randomly change your contract and you've got to fight it yourself. I got home from hospital this evening to a 22 CID on the mat but I had to get the union involved and row/cry on my principal to get it!

You also cannot be forced out on maternity early. I'm fairly sure that the 6 week can be waived if there's pregnancy issues, I mean you can't fill in the social welfare form til 24 weeks even though we are technically allowed on maternity from 24 weeks! You will have to chase it though again, expect to make lots of phone calls

On the good side remember baby is still in the right place and the longer that they and you can do that the better! I also have a friend whose baby turned at 35 so don't panic too much yet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

I am with ASTI ya. Its just so many phone calls and everyone telling you differently. See I got the Specific Purpose Contract, then the principal said she might need to change it and to get onto ASTI and if they said it needs to be changed she would change it. Then I was out sick and when I went to her yesterday, she said she had enquired and that she cant change it as then she wont be able to sub a sub. Rang the dept then and typical them they dunno what I am entitled to!! Plus the girl who deals with the area I am in was not a nice person to me this summer gone, her final say meant that whilst I was getting €75 a fortnight from Dept over the summer, I was not entitled to claim my stamps. I know other people have had various issues with her and she will have final say now again on whether I can get maternity payment or not so I am not very hopeful!!!!!

At the min to be honest Mirrorwall I am so bothered by all this crap that I havent even considered the baby turning or not. I absolutely hate working for the Dept, 8 years teaching, never had a contract where I get paid for my hols yet I end up balling my eyes out to the doc Sunday night begging him not to keep me so that I can go and teach!!!

You must be THRILLED with the contract, that is great post to come home to, and a huge load of your mind. You will have to celebrate that!!!

cosycottager give the maternity department of sw a ring bin the morning and ask them about the former to put that bit of worry aside .
    as a result as I know you can't be forced out on maternity leave early your job are obliged to give you different duties if what you are doing is causing you hardship . Maybe give citizens advice a buzz too to see whee u stand.
    bosses are not very helpful when your pregnant as I'm finding out . Had to climb stairs again today carrying heavy stuff and I'm now pay in for it with my back . probably be another long nite of no sleep :(

on the upside junior is kicking up a storm here and I love feeling it :)

I know its no fun but it is definitely worth all the phonecalls if you manage to get maternity out of it!! Start with the ASTI and say you need someone to take on your case as you are in and out of hospital and are very concerned that you are bing disadvantaged by your school. I had to keep emailing my representative from the TUI but he did the heavy lifting with the department. Ask for an email or email the website with every bit of info you have, make sure that your stress is obvious and hopefully they'll assign someone to help you.

Apart from that you can defo ring SW asfaik. I'm actually in a similar boat because my ETB is incredibly slow to process paperwork and i want out Dec 1st but I don't know if they've actually forwarded the bloody form to SW yet!! I plan on ringing to check but getting through is tough too.

bobskii wrote: »
    cosycottager give the maternity department of sw a ring bin the morning and ask them about the former to put that bit of worry aside .
    as a result as I know you can't be forced out on maternity leave early your job are obliged to give you different duties if what you are doing is causing you hardship . Maybe give citizens advice a buzz too to see whee u stand.
    bosses are not very helpful when your pregnant as I'm finding out . Had to climb stairs again today carrying heavy stuff and I'm now pay in for it with my back . probably be another long nite of no sleep :(

on the upside junior is kicking up a storm here and I love feeling it :)

Bobskii be very careful. Its great that baby's kicking away but you don't want to hurt yourself! I know from the ultrasound today that he's practically engaged, head right down and bladder pushed out of the way already. There's no way I could lift stuff without hurting myself! Mind yourself. Hot water bottle and a bath, maybe a paracetamol?

Me too bobskii for the last few days,at night time she just goes bananas with kicking and stomach turning moving from one side to the other, even when I wake during the night, she is still at it. I hope it's not a sign that we have night owls when they are born lol.

Just wrecked now, but I know I'll probably sleep until one and be awake for the night!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Me too bobskii for the last few days,at night time she just goes bananas with kicking and stomach turning moving from one side to the other, even when I wake during the night, she is still at it. I hope it's not a sign that we have night owls when they are born lol.

Just wrecked now, but I know I'll probably sleep until one and be awake for the night!!

There was a lady with twins on my ward, frigging hilarious trying to monitor them this morning. They just kept kicking/hitting/headbutting the monitors so you'd get "swish swish swish bang swish thud swish whack", the rest of us were wetting ourselves laughing!

ill be the exact same lashes . I'll sleep but it will b broken and still be wrecked come time to roll out of it.

I hear ya on the not hurting myself I think baby is engaged too cos I feel a fair bit of pressure . The kicks are stronger up top of my bump now . I must root out my hot water bottle!!

Do, they are lovely on the lower back in particular. I can handle the kicks in the ribs if he'd stop headbutting me in the bladder. I'm doing all my kegals but some of them are so violent there's nothing for it except the bathroom and like right now! The tech was a bit surprised today at how far down he was actually, showed me that his head has essentially pushed my bladder out to the side so its like a moon shape around his head. Its very funny looking and explains alot!

• Advertisement

lol little monkey!!I have a path wore to the bathroom myself it's a pain in the a##!!

Advertisement