Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How's all doing today?? How are you feeling mirror wall? Did you get out today?

I had literally a hour sleep last night,I'm like a walking zombie today, baby was on some nerve or muscle on the left side of my groin/hip and it was unbearable pain. Got up and had a walk around the house tried lying on the other side and nothing eased it,last time I seen on my phone was 6.15 and up for school run at 7 and then work :(

On a brighter side I get to see Little Miss Trouble tomoz at my 34 week scan, cannot wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Good luck with scan and hopefully the sleep is better tonight.

Got out this evening thank god. Scan showed growth slower than usual but because it was only 10 days since the last it's not conclusive and I'm booked for one Wednesday two weeks for a proper judgement. Doc says not to worry but of course that's not how these things work :) regardless I'm delighted to be at home, not so delighted to have no cause. Doc says probably a slight placenta tear that didn't show on scan. Just a matter of hoping it doesn't happen again. Roll on Friday

At least doc says nothing to worry about, if nothing's there, better than a big something there lol glad your out, and only 4 days of work for you right? That's gonna fly by!!super jealous

what hats are you guys bringing to hospital for Babba? Was in Dunnes and penneys on Mu lunch looking for them but they only have one size and seem huge? Does anywhere sell newborn ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

my friend told me to put a bobbin on the hat and it will fit babs,she couldn't find any small ones said they were all too big.

glad your out and feeling better mirrorwall I'm also jealous of you finishing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

i got the pink cat baby grow set and a blue velour one in penneys , each comes with a hat, thats what im bringing anyways ! Good idea with the bobbin. put in on the inside I suppose?

• Advertisement

Yeh if you put it at the back you won't see it . must get a pink and Blue outfit myself!

Another rough night of sleep, my nose ran uncontrollably, and now this morning, clear as a whistle, when I lie down for my scan today I might nod off!!

Ps anybody hear anything from Maternity benefit?

my nose is constantly at that!I thought it was just me!!
    I got a letter from .them yesterday to confirm my due date as it was filled in before 24 weeks.

I got a letter from them too.

Wrecked this morning, couldn't get to sleep and then woke up on hospital times (3 o clock check for the diabetes lady and 6 o clock for the rest of us). Meh

• Advertisement

Actually came home to a letter saying they havereceived my application and will hear bback on their decision.

Got on great at scan, heads down n engaged,eager beaver!! And placenta is up! Bub is weighing 5lb 2 so I'm not eating from now till Xmas, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Glad the scan went well lashes. Mine was measuring 4.5 at 31 weeks last week already!
    First day back at work and my back and hips are in bits already. There goes all my good sleep.

Average of half a pound a week from now on so I should be having 8lb 2oz wouldn't be too bad as son was 8lb 5

Got prodded by sonographer,student midwife,then had my check up so midwife and another student midwife,because the head is engaged,lots of downward poking. Since then I am just so crampy and a lot of pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Got my maternity benefit approval letter today. Leave due to start next week. Shattered tired and finding work hard so ready to go.

Good for you fall. I'd say you can't wait alright. The next 3.5 weeks seem like an eternity after today.

Thanks Hazelbee. Only six weeks til my due date. I don't know how I worked until I was 38 weeks on my first. It's great to be on the countdown.

I only worked until 36 weeks on my first, so not sure how I'll manage til 38 weeks this time! Had a great nights sleep compared to usual last night, off about one up for pee at 3 and then back until 7, I should feel great but still wrecked.
    just looked through my notes, baby's head measuring at 36weeks, :(

When are Ye all collecting prams? I'm waiting for mine to come in still, can't wait to have a little play with it

I got everything from family members and some stuff is from my first. I have nothing to buy thankfully.

same here,so handy . I bought my buggy ages ago mind you . It's in my spare room till babs arrives!

Had my son at docs today, she said I looked tired and advised to see her instead of nurse at my next app to chat about finishing work and taking some me and baby time 😠never been so happy!

How's everyone doing today? I'm super jealous fall of you having everything, my buggys been paid off forever, but won't be in until 4 weeks before due date.
    How you doing mirror wall?.I hope your taking it easy

• Advertisement

Had my 34 week appointment today. Doctor signing me off from Friday, a week early. I am over the moon. Only two more days at work!!! Lashes I hope you get signed off too and have some down time.

2 days left here too though I'm three weeks behind you guys! Flattened this evening but conked out for over an hour so feeling better. Living for Friday at this stage.

We have our buggy for a few weeks now, a kind donation from the excited grandparents. We have most things gathered up now, just the odd few bits to get.
    Had my 32 week appointment this week and all seems ok. I'm absolutely crippled after work again though. I'm get through the day ok but once it gets to home time my hips and back have ceased up and I'm having a really hard time getting out of the car and walking again. Booked myself into the physio again for later in the week. At least I had a break from it when I was off last week and able to rest more.

That's tough going hazel bee. A pregnancy massage might also help.

Thanks fall, I'll check that out actually. Anything for a bit of relief!

So fall are you taking 4 weeks before and an extra week from doctor?? That sounds like heaven,

I have a pregnancy massage booked for next week, but I wonder if there's any point, I'll just be back at work the next day and undo the good work.

The exhaustion now for me is worse than the beginning. I've gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to night feeds cause then I'll have a reason to be up at all hours and wrecked from it.

Yes Lashes. My blood pressure is very low so she said it was safer. If I don't take the other four weeks now they are absorbed into my holidays in June. I don't know how you are doing it with a small baby. if you can get out early do. I finished on my first on a Friday and had him two weeks later which was not enough time. I felt I wasn't as well rested as I could have been and I had a three day labour ( waters broke on Friday night but dilation didn't happen, baby born on Sunday morning). I felt like I never caught up.

tiredness Is the devil . I'm exhausted . iron is low again got a call from the nurse today she wants me to up my iron 2 days a week.

Anyone pregnant before, how normal are cramps? Like day three period pain (I get pretty bad period pain). It's like dull ache in lower back and front from tummy down. Braxton hicks aren't supposed to hurt (and I'm not rock hard though im overweight so maybe harder to tell) and it doesn't seem to come and go so it can't be labour but it's a pita. Been at it since yesterday evening and its pissing me off. If it was my period Id be taking a painkiller! Don't notice it as much in school when I'm running around but was there alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi all hope ye are all well.I have most item purchased/gotten from family/since Ds was born so thats all taken care of. Only had to buy a buggy/pram got it in June on Ad****s for half price :)

6 week tomorrow OMG how time is flying.

Advertisement