Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Last day at work eek! Thank God, awful nausea all night had to eat at three o clock it was so bad. Last day for you too mirrorwall. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Stteaming headcold and sore throat, roll on four o clock!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My jealousy meter is off the scale with Ye last dayers!!
    However I did get to sleep at 930 last night and woke up at 7 with the alarm, it was amazing, thought my bladder would burst!! Feel like a new woman today!!
    Can't advise ya on Braxton hicks Mirrorwall I never had them before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Congrats on the last days! I'm with lashes on the jealousy front! :) hopefully the next 3 weeks will fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

same here . I'm sorry now I didn't finish up thus we know next week . I'm wrecked . slept like a log last nite and im still wrecked today.

• Advertisement

So glad to be done I have to say-sorry!! Baby feels like he's dropped or at least he's definitely decided my bladder/vagina is the greatest place to hang out today. Incredibly uncomfortable and I feel like I need to go to the bathroom constantly! Brat! Come on move, I don't need you to drop yet !!

My bump has visibly dropped today as well. Not sure where baby is hanging out but the feet are not under my ribs any more at least. I'm only 32 weeks though do don't want it down too far yet!

I have that dragging feeling in my lady parts, it feels like the baby is about to fall out! Thank God I finished today. I really will miss my students though.

fall wrote: »
    I have that dragging feeling in my lady parts, it feels like the baby is about to fall out! Thank God I finished today. I really will miss my students though.

Ditto. LCs even had a card! I'll not be surprised to be bored in a week or two but I won't have this luxury with other pregnancies so might as well enjoy the break while I can and hopefully keep the bun cooking for another few weeks as I'm still only 30.5 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi Everyone,

is anyone else getting cramps in their tummy? kinda feels like period cramps? is that Braxton hicks I wonder ?

• Advertisement

Junior had hiccups today,could feel them down stairs, so bizzare!

How are you keeping Millie? When are you finishing work?

Am good really , very uncomfortable with the pressure.
    I might finish work this week , will see what gyne says Tuesday, am 31 weeks since Friday so I think that's near the end for twins in terms of working ( I hope anyway)
    Am hyper over every twinge and pain though in case its early labour, haven't felt hiccups though Lashes, I bet that feels really cool

I'd love to be finishing up this week . Could do with the rest to be honest . does anyone else have lightening pains down below??few of them have stopped me in my tracks the past couple of days!

I get those Bobskii. I feel the baby is so low. Sometimes I have to stop walking when I get those pains they are so strong. It was getting quite awkward in the classroom. I would be mid sentence at the board and bang I would have to stop and wait for it to pass. The relief that I can slow down this week. When do you finish?
    Fair play Millie that is great going for twins.

thank god for this thread!at least I know they are normal now thanks fall!I finish up the 11th of December not far off now but I'm sorry I didn't finish up earlier .I underestimated how much pregnancy takes out of ya . its a lot easier when your younger!!

Definitely agree. I also think those pains are your body telling you to slow down so mind yourself.

probably!!I don't be long slowing down when I get them!!taltalk about giving ya a dart!!

They're pretty uncomfortable I have to say. 'Ow' worthy as I told the husband today. Aches etc are par for the course but these stab!

I def found that when I was working late a lot and driving loads I started to get the cramps and back ache. you're right, must be our bodies telling us to slow down.
    Ive noticed the bump has dropped too, now there's a gap between my boobs a tummy which wasn't there for ages and I think twin 2 , who was transverse has moved into position!! yikes

its all getting very real isn't it :)

I'm relaxin here on the couch and I'm after letting a yelp out of me after getting one . nobody batted an eyelid,wouldn't do if I was in labour!!

• Advertisement

Time for the Sunday night back to work dread! I only seem to get those pains during the week when I'm working and lately if I go for more than a 20 min walk. Definitely time to slow down. I miss the gym. :(

I have that on Saturday nights lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi ladies hope all is well with everyone. Iv been having it tough lately in and out to hospital with bleeds so more than likely being brought in next week and kept till 39weeks when ill be sectioned-the 2nd week in jan! Trying not to think boit spending xmas in hospital when im not sick! Anyway was pure thrilled that today is day 12 of not being in hospital when i got sicatatia OUT OF NOWHERE! !!! Any advice what to do? Started bout 5pm was ok with it but just took me 20mins to get upstairs to go to bed. Have hot water bottle on it now!

oh you poor devil . maybe they'll let you out for Christmas . fingers crossed.

I can't help you on the sciatica hope it eases for you.

Hope your feeling better this morning cosy, I can't help either with the sciatica issue tho,your probably better to post it in the chat thread,more ladies in there to help you out.

I don't. Get the shooting pains, I just have pressure sometimes, it feels like all of her weight is being supported by my lower abdomen if that makes sense, Urgh another day of work :(

Awake half the with bad dreams. Today will not be fun! :(

Cosy sorry to hear you are having a tough time. is there any room for negotiation with the hospital where you can stay at home but with complete rest? I have sciatica and my trigger point is in my right bum cheek and lower back so I find massaging the trigger point and putting a heat pack gives some relief, it's hard because you can't use difene or anything like that. It's awful when it seizes up because its like your body just locks. I look like a little old woman sometimes when I stand up.
    Miss exercise too Hazelbee. Cleaning the house is the most exercise I get these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Fall thats exactly it. So there is every chance it'll free out? I rang the hosp at 5am as i still hafnt slept they said nothing u can do really. In bed still half nervous to attempt getting up!

Im such a moan since getting pregnant!

On the otherside soooo excited bout getting to meet tjis monkey soon!

I sit on the exercise ball as well which helps to free up my back. I have mentioned it here before but I am following something called gentle birth. It has been great for relaxing me. I have a bath and listen to my tracks and always feel better after it. It has helped reduce my stress when I can't sleep at night. It is run by midwives and they give brilliant advise about any pregnancy complications. It might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

Manager has organised my cover to start next week incase doc signs me off,eek it's actually happeningI!!

Advertisement