Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Manager has organised my cover to start next week incase doc signs me off,eek it's actually happeningI!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lucky you!!had a hospital appointment today and have been asleep on the couch since i came home!!

How did you get on bobskii? Were u waiting for long?? Crazy busy day today,my feet are crying

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Delighted for you Lashes. I had the fire on this morning and had a lovely nap on the couch. Did your appt go well Bobskii? Are you over the 34 weeks too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

That's brilliant lashes!

I had a bad day at work today. My back was in bits after not sleeping last night, then a co-worker ran into my bump in the hall. I was so tired I ended up running into the bathroom upset. 3 weeks to go is feeling very long this evening.

• Advertisement

no was in exactly two hours and one of them was spent with a midwife talking labour and pain relief!!

appointment went good baby is measuring about 5th . in the right position too do all good . blood pressure was low and my iron is low again,apart from that alls good . got to gear baby's heartbeat too :)

I'm 35 weeks fall!

I knew we were around the same Bobskii. Getting so close now. Can't believe its almost December! Hope you are ok Hazelbee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mind yourselves girls, on the road home for ye now. I'm a bit further behind coz I'm not due til 27th jan. 31 weeks tomorrow. Had 30 week GP appt today. All good :)

can't believe how fast it has come in!

• Advertisement

How did you get on bobskii? Were u waiting for long?? Crazy busy day today,my feet are crying

that should say baby is measuring about 5lb 4!

My phone is acting up sorry for the weird double posting!!

I'm near you fall and bobskii too, life is ggonna change so quickly and it feels like I haven't had enough time to prepare for it!

Oh Hazelbee poor you,hope your feeling better in yourself now x

Ps any good tips from your midwife Bobskii??

I think we're due the same day lashes!
    I've been planning this baby for years and now can't believe im this close to meetin him/her it's so exciting!!

Do you feel prepared tho Bobskii?? I'm feeling a bit anxious about it all,even tho it's my second I should be a dab hand!! I'm officially due on new years eve,but my own dates 5th Jan! And my latest scan edd 26th December lol

I am so excited. Due the 2nd of January by my dates and the hospitals ( I know exactly when it happened lol) I had my first on my due date. Same as you Bobskii waiting years on this little one. Still get quite emotional when I think about it. Know so many people who never get to experience this. Feel so lucky and happy that my son will have a sibling. Every sleepless night is worth it :-)

I'm new years day!I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be,my reckoning on it is if I went into labour today I'm prepared(bag wise and mentally)
    but I'm not so sur if I'm fully prepared for how life is about to change!nowt I can do about it now tho I hope I'll welcome the change its been a long road to get to this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Getting so close of some of ye now :)
    Im 34 weeks today but 35 on thursday my dates!!!
    Are ye going by scan/hospital dates or a mix of both??
    OP were your dates changed from jan 1st to 26th December???????

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

P.s have any of you made up a bag for DP??
    It going to be freezing when we eventually go and Dp slept in the Car when I was in one Ds1.

Might be too cold for him in Jan though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

• Advertisement

I will be great to have this site for support when the babies arrive. I am the op, I think and my dates have always been the same.

mine too.ivf baby so my dates are spot on!

I'm going by hospital dates which is 31st December.
    My scan last week I got a printout (that I don't think I should have )with a load of abbreviations on it that I googled, so my edd aua which is expected due date, actual ultrasound age ,reads 26/12, but nothing was actually said to me at all,just a bit of snooping by myself!!

I know I'm mentally ready for being a mammy again, I'm looking forward to the night feeds,as weird as that may sound,but it's great to have that special one on one bonding,I used to love it with my son. But see actually giving birth is freaking the heck out of me!! I think it's cause I know what I'm in for, I'm older this time not a naiive 19 year old!

same here,the way I see it is labour is just something to go through then it'll be over and you'll be out the other side!sur if it was that bad you wouldn't dare do it a second time :D

I have my hospital chart with all that info at home because I am on the domino scheme. I am looking forward to labour, I know that sounds nuts but that's what my hypnobirthing has done to me! I have learnt so much amazing stuff about labour and what your body does. I know some people prefer not to know but I love it.

I am strangely not freaked out about labour at all. Maybe it's yet to come or being my first ignorance is bliss! I've been reading loads of birth stories (good and not so good) and listening to the gentle birth CDs.

I am quite anxious the last while though but I think it's more to do with fear of the unknown, taking the next step in life etc. it's still hard to imagine there'll be a new little person in our lives in 7 weeks.

I just wanna finish work now and get Christmas sorted!

Are you on the gentle birth Facebook page Hazelbee? The birth stories are so inspiring. I had that same fear the first time round. Worrying if I would be a good mam, would I cope etc. I think some kind of doubt is natural.

fall wrote: »
    Are you on the gentle birth Facebook page Hazelbee? The birth stories are so inspiring. I had that same fear the first time round. Worrying if I would be a good mam, would I cope etc. I think some kind of doubt is natural.

I just joined it recently fall. There was a lovely home birth story on it today. Made for an emotional read.

I'm off for hopefully a better sleep tonight. Hope you all sleep well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

You can just feel the excitement building on this page its fab. I think too the time of yr makes it extra special and exciting! Sicatatia gone since this eve back to being a happy pregnant lady again!

Advertisement