Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

fall wrote: »
    Are you on the gentle birth Facebook page Hazelbee? The birth stories are so inspiring. I had that same fear the first time round. Worrying if I would be a good mam, would I cope etc. I think some kind of doubt is natural.

What's the name of the page? I'm only finding individual gentle birth instructors pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

And did you mention you had an app for gentle birthing fall?? Which one did you get? Would love to have a read through it all esp when I finish work, I need to get in the zone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Would like to have a look at the Hypnobirthing page too:0!!!!!!!!
    Ladies I have yet to book a refesher course for antenatal is it too late??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I doubt it's too late I only bring a couple of weeks ago . It was just the two of us today but she literally just flew through things.

A great nights sleep for.you too eh bobskii?? Lol

• Advertisement

yup!!well spotted lashes!in fairness I did sleep a fair bit yesterday but I'm wrecked now and work beckons!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

The Facebook page is private so you have to request becoming a friend. The courses can be done with which ever instructor you choose or you can choose to do a home study course. There are CDs or downloadable tracks for everything from baby bonding to facing induction or a cesarean. you can just get the CDs. The advice on it is brilliant and you can learn all about your hospitals policies and best international practise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Another blow to the bump at work today. I'm so stressed now. My husband is going mad telling me to finish up
    Early. I don't know what to do. I never take sick days unless completely necessary.

if in was in your position hazelbee and I could afford it I'd be finishing up . It's not worth the risk.

Oh Hazelbee think of the stress you would be feeling if it had injured you or the baby. Your cargo is way too precious. No job is worth that heartache. Listen to your husband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm with the others and your husband here too hazelbee. I had to go out a week early too after the husband sat me down and said after two bleeds there is no way I should be teaching and running a school show and he wanted me out of school that week. We weighed up pro's and cons and tbh he was right. My BP is way down this week and no bleeds so far

Totally agree fall, my oh gives out to me too with the ladders and heavy boxes and he's dead right!

On another note, unclear pee last week at hospital app, got a call today to start another course of antibiotics, please god it clears up it's getting close to my baby passing through there!!

well as my cousin said to me one day . Would you climb a ladder with a tiny baby In your arms?or allow someone wallop into you while holding a baby?that put it in perspective for me!
    You wouldn't and even tho bans us cocooned In there for now they still can take a knock look after yourself and your baby and don't worry about work!

I think after thinking about it this evening I'll talk to my doctor at my appointment early next week and try to finish up then. I work in a challenging care environment and it's just so unpredictable. I just feel on edge all the time especially as my bump has gotten bigger and it's not as easy to move out of the way on time.

And thanks to you all for the advice. It's great to have people to sound it out to.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

The Facebook page is private so you have to request becoming a friend. The courses can be done with which ever instructor you choose or you can choose to do a home study course. There are CDs or downloadable tracks for everything from baby bonding to facing induction or a cesarean. you can just get the CDs. The advice on it is brilliant and you can learn all about your hospitals policies and best international practise.

Can I ask where you can get the gentle birth cd's? I cannot find on amazon. Heard theses recommended before also. Thanks a mill.

http://www.gentlebirth.ie
    You can buy the cd or downloads here. You can also do the antenatal course. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Thanks so much fall!

http://www.gentlebirth.ie
    You can buy the cd or downloads here. You can also do the antenatal course. Enjoy!

Did you get the whole set fall? Weighing up the 70e with christmas coming!

I downloaded the calm hospital birth and breathing techniques sets from this site also. Think it came to about 25e. They've really helped me sleep. (Apart from right now :) )

• Advertisement

I did Mirrorwall. I am doing the course soon too and they deduct the price of the CDs from the course. there are some things I have learnt that I will be saying no to in the hospital. Unfortunately not all our maternity hospital policies are in line with best international practise but you are put on the clock and your labour is actively managed. I am hoping to avoid active management and to let my body do what it was built to do long before hospitals existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

OMG I am in love with the makers of Zantac, no more manky gaviscon.

Nauseous and vomiting all day, checked side effects of antibiotics and bingo there it Is!!

oh no :( I was just saying today I'm blessed that I've had no vomiting throughout this pregnancy(or my last)
    in general I've been healthy throughout,back is killing me thus few today tho . hope it goes away for you soon lashes.

Feeling ok now,bubs is moving like a mad woman and it's not helping the bluergh feeling :( and to top it off ,my first stretch Mark has appeared :(
    How is everyone else keeping??

ah don't say that I was hoping it was too late ta be getting stretch marks!!was just checking earlier for them . my white ones from last time are stretched to the limit!

I've a B shaped bump (not flattering) but I've now started stretch marks across the middle of the B. So just one line of short stretch marks in the hollow-looks bloody wierd. I'm hoping maybe my bumps about to round out!

Also zantac is the only thing keeping me functioning. I need gaviscon on top of it and if I screw up my schedule then everything comes back up including th acid. Ick

oh lovely!I had a b shaped bump for ages now it's just all bump and my poor skin is stretched to its limit!!

oh lovely!I had a b shaped bump for ages now it's just all bump and my poor skin is stretched to its limit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hopw everyone is doing well?
    I was cleaning up our room this evening and got My Dp to get the bottom drawer and put it on the bed as i couldn't be bending down to get it, anyways he let it drop on my bump!!!!!!!!!!
    It was only a few seconds, but was sore and was throbbing slightly afterwards. Still feeling the odd ache.
    Im O Rehus neg too so Im aware I should be cautious with it comes to bumps etc!!!

Think I ring the Coombe and see what they say ..............:(

Advertisement