Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi Hazelbee Im due Jan 1st my dates and Jan 5 th Hospital dates so thats another 5 weeks at least away!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Hi Ladies, all getting very close for alot of you now :-) Im just 32 + 3 weeks and started to suffer from bad dizziness among other symptoms since Monday - the midwife told me today my BP is a little low. Anyone else have low BP towards the end and what did you do? She didn't give me much advice! If I continue to feel this bad with it I don't know how I'll manage to keep working.
    Also, here's a funny one.... when baby is really active I can hear a loud clicking from inside the bump which sounds like when you crack your fingers! I'm not imagining it, my colleague heard it this morning but the midwife looked at me like I was a madwoman when I asked her!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nicman wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, all getting very close for alot of you now :-) Im just 32 + 3 weeks and started to suffer from bad dizziness among other symptoms since Monday - the midwife told me today my BP is a little low. Anyone else have low BP towards the end and what did you do? She didn't give me much advice! If I continue to feel this bad with it I don't know how I'll manage to keep working.
    Also, here's a funny one.... when baby is really active I can hear a loud clicking from inside the bump which sounds like when you crack your fingers! I'm not imagining it, my colleague heard it this morning but the midwife looked at me like I was a madwoman when I asked her!! :-)

I read about someone with a loose rib, is that a possibility? Low blood pressure I think is usually ok during pregnancy, just lie down before you fall down if you need to though not on your back as it could be the baby sitting on the main vein in your back? I got dizzy in the hospital today and they weren't worried either, just told me to eat/drink more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Anyone else have low BP towards the end and what did you do? She didn't give me much advice! If I continue to feel this bad with it I don't know how I'll manage to keep working.

Hi Nicman
    Im due 26th Dec, but keep up to date with Jan as I have gone 2 weeks over on both my previous pregnancies.

I have a tendency to low BP. I have always been told its not really much to worry about, unless it gets too low (high bp is more of a worry). The best thing to do is just rest as much as you can in the evenings when you get in from work. I know it can be hard sometimes but just putting your feet up for an hour or too can really help. Also take it easy when you are getting up from sitting/lying as thats when you get most dizzy.

If it is a concern for you, just pop in and discuss with your gp.

I'm finishing up work next friday when i'm 38 weeks. I cannot wait as I am exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Anyone else have low BP towards the end and what did you do? She didn't give me much advice! If I continue to feel this bad with it I don't know how I'll manage to keep working.

Hi Nicman
    Im due 26th Dec, but keep up to date with Jan as I have gone 2 weeks over on both my previous pregnancies.

I have a tendency to low BP. I have always been told its not really much to worry about, unless it gets too low (high bp is more of a worry). The best thing to do is just rest as much as you can in the evenings when you get in from work. I know it can be hard sometimes but just putting your feet up for an hour or two can really help. Also take it easy when you are getting up from sitting/lying as thats when you get most dizzy.

If it is a concern for you, just pop in and discuss with your gp.

I'm finishing up work next friday when i'm 38 weeks. I cannot wait as I am exhausted.

• Advertisement

...Loose rib that's mad! But makes sense :-) Good to hear low BP is nothing to worry about just wondering how I'll cope with another 3-4 weeks of work! :-( more rest for me then.... I did have a hectic weekend and most likely did too much maybe that kicked it off. Hopefully you don't go over too much witchity!

...Loose rib that's mad! But makes sense :-) Good to hear low BP is nothing to worry about just wondering how I'll cope with another 3-4 weeks of work! :-( more rest for me then.... I did have a hectic weekend and most likely did too much maybe that kicked it off. Hopefully you don't go over too much witchity!

Definitely lots of rest. Try and avoid doing stuff on your lunch/breaks-stay sitting down and put your feet up on a chair if you have space. Straight to the couch for at least 15 minutes when you get home, the dinner can wait that long-we Irish are far too obsessed with finishing everything before taking a break. Thata the advice the physio antenatal class gave us!

Makes sense Mirrorwall. Rest is key it seems. I'm fading fast here in work but have at least another 30 mins to go :-( feet up when I go home!

Makes sense Mirrorwall. Rest is key it seems. I'm fading fast here in work but have at least another 30 mins to go :-( feet up when I go home!

Nearly there!

Growth scan here this morning. Tech was happier as tummy is better size but I nearly had heart failure because all of the measurements dropped massively again-femur length dropped to the 6th percentile. Had +1 sugar in urine but I already aced my diabetes test acc to the midwife so just have specific instructions for the next sample.

Doc was brilliant. Completely reassured on growth scan. Agreed numbers are still falling so will have fortnight scans from now until the end. I have to monitor hourly kicks and do regular kick counts but she isn't worried and said provided I'm watching for movement and come in immediately with any issues there is no reason to stress too much about the growth as he's already a good size. Went through the pre eclampsia warning signs because I have family (mother) history. Caught me scratching so have liver bloods again in the morning and gave advice on a moisturiser to use. Told me to talk to my ENT people re my rhinitis meds so that I can get back on them after baby is born or if there are alternatives (two of them are contraindicated for breastfeeding). Baby is oblique breach so went through in detail what will happen if he stays that way.

Obviously I would have liked the growth to be back bang on target but if I couldn't have that, the detail she went into has left me totally reassured thank god!

what does that mean? If measurements are dropping? I've not had a growth scan at any stage is it something you have towards the end?

• Advertisement

what does that mean? If measurements are dropping? I've not had a growth scan at any stage is it something you have towards the end?

I've only had them because I had bleeds last month which can lead to/be caused by placenta problems. The last one showed up a fall off in growth which was a concern because of the bleeding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

And that's me done with work!!

My kidney scan showed reflux on one of them so will have to get a follow up one 6 weeks after as it's very common with baby pressing in organs.

I'm just so relieved no work, it's amazing!!

I've only had them because I had bleeds last month which can lead to/be caused by placenta problems. The last one showed up a fall off in growth which was a concern because of the bleeding

Wow, well hopefully all is ok - surely they can induce you early if they're worried?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    And that's me done with work!!

My kidney scan showed reflux on one of them so will have to get a follow up one 6 weeks after as it's very common with baby pressing in organs.

I'm just so relieved no work, it's amazing!!

Brilliant to be done, that's great for you! Hopefully that resolved itself when the baby comes!

Mirror she said it's really common in pregnancy,and nothing to be worried about, plenty of rest,and water to flush it out will help.
    She gave me a great look at baby too. And even when she wasn't scanning baby,she kept popping into picture,just so so cute
    My little diva looking for her 5 seconds of fame on the big screen lol
    How are you feeling in yourself mirror?? What weight do they put baby at?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hi Nicman I have very low blood pressure. I fell twice and after second one ( down three steps and managed to grab a rail to stop me hitting the ground) doctor signed me off which was a week early. I have always had low blood presssUre so usually have to eat very regularly and now with pregnancy I have to rest far more. I am just hitting the 36 week mark. It's better to have low than high but you have to go slow. It also causes a lot of nausea for me.
    Glad to hear nearly everyone is on leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

lashofeye wrote: »
    Hi Hazelbee Im due Jan 1st my dates and Jan 5 th Hospital dates so thats another 5 weeks at least away!!!

Thanks lashofeye! Was just curious. Mine was already measuring 4.5 at 31 weeks so it must be up to around 6lbs now as well! I'm due around 13th.

Weighing 3pounds 13 at 32 weeks so she's happy with that!

Decided to stick out work until next Friday. I got moved to a much safer area so I am way less tense and tired coming home. I've been sleeping much better too so I think I'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hazelbee have u Gestational Diabeties??

• Advertisement

Cannot sleep with the hunger,banana drink and hopefully back to bed!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Cannot sleep with the hunger,banana drink and hopefully back to bed!!

Jealous. I just had to ring assessment coz I've got fasting bile liver tests tomorrow and woke up and hour ago choking on acid and coughing. Coughing/acids bad for me coz my asthma triggers. Got permission to take inhalers but nothing else. I'm sitting bolt upright on the couch staring at the bottle of gaviscon and glass of water I'm not allowed. Is it morning yet? I'm literally counting the hours til I drive to the hospital to get the blood drawn!

I was the same last night, had to fast from night before for scan and was awake during the night with the driest mouth ever and awful heartburn,!!!

I thought I'd sleep tonight cause I never stopped yesterday, my son's room is been gutted to make room for santas goodies.

Are you 32 weeks now mirror? It's been such a troublesome pregnancy for you,fair play to you x

I went a bit mad nesting today myself, washed every stitch of clothing/blankets etc I have for the baby so I can start packing his bag!

Ah it could have been worse, its just been lots and lots of silly niggly things if you get me-some people have very serious complications. You had to fast for a scan? Is that not weird?!?

lashofeye wrote: »
    Hazelbee have u Gestational Diabeties??

Nope, I think it's just my height. I'm 6ft and so is my husband. There are a lot of big babies in my side if the family! A bit nervous though as it's my first time.

Insomnia this week has been a pain in the h##e. In the middle of an attic conversion, my house is upside down and I am a narky sleepless nauseous mad woman in the middle of it all. Rib pain also back with a vengeance.

fall wrote: »
    Insomnia this week has been a pain in the h##e. In the middle of an attic conversion, my house is upside down and I am a narky sleepless nauseous mad woman in the middle of it all. Rib pain also back with a vengeance.

Boo. Hopefully the day improves.

I think I just pulled every muscle in my abdomen just now. Went for a shower and for some reason got really really cold, like proper uncontrollable shakes! Heat had been on, water was its usual temperature I'm not sure wtf just happened. Ended up with the water boiling hot until it stopped. I'm out now and perfectly fine-weird

A weird one all right. Maybe it's hunger since you are fasting.

fall wrote: »
    A weird one all right. Maybe it's hunger since you are fasting.

Maybe. Apparently I can't type properly either :)

Did you get some sleep at all?

• Advertisement

Yeah fasting for kidney scan mirror!! They were gonne have me drink watch my body do its work and pee and see how my bladder looked but baby's head had my bladder squished!!

I don't think that's a big baby? Isn't that 'normal'? At 34 weeks my baby was 5lb 2 and that was normal according to sonograoher!

Insomnia is just mad, now when I have to be up I could sleep for Ireland!!

Advertisement