Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Bits of sleep here and there then awake from five. Just had 36 week appointment , baby is having a great time so that's good. I am so far down the insomnia track I think my body has forgotten how to sleep properly

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

I hear ye ladies, but thankfully slept for 5/6 hours last night for first time in a few nights and then got up at half 6 and had another snooze there for hour at ten. Headinh back to work tomorrow after being off sick for a week. Will have 2 weeks left then until I finish up bit we will c. Its a physically and emotionally demanding job so ill give ity best I think.

35 + 3 and I just want to have him now!!! The thought that it could be another 6/7 weeks makes me want to cry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

BelindaL wrote: »
    I hear ye ladies, but thankfully slept for 5/6 hours last night for first time in a few nights and then got up at half 6 and had another snooze there for hour at ten. Headinh back to work tomorrow after being off sick for a week. Will have 2 weeks left then until I finish up bit we will c. Its a physically and emotionally demanding job so ill give ity best I think.

35 + 3 and I just want to have him now!!! The thought that it could be another 6/7 weeks makes me want to cry.....

I'm posting from the dec thread. I hear ya, I'm 36 & 3 and am totally fed up now just want baby to be here now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh god I hear y'all, I think if I go past my due date I'll just cry.

Have a massage booked for next week,cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'd love someone to massage my legs . I get awful cramp in them!I hope I go early myself would love it over and to be home for Christmas . wishful thinking I'd say!

glad to hear you finished up lashes!

• Advertisement

I am hoping to book a massage for next week too. My sciatica is playoIng havoc. The last few weeks are tough. I keep saying to myself that I will most likely never be pregnant again so I am trying to make myself be positive, not easy though!

same as that fall,and I'm so grateful to be pregnant at all that I do be afraid to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Before we got pregnant we had a lovely idea of a family of 4 or 5 as siblings are so important to both of us we wanted our kids to have a big family.
    Defo wondering now how I can be pregnant another 3 or 4 times!! But i suppose that will change once we meet our wee prince and the pregnancy part will be a forgotten memory.
    (I.dont want to complain either cuz I feel lucky to be pregnant and know my pregnancy has been good to me overall - but..... its really hard!)

if all my pregnancy's were like this or my last one I'd be pregnant all the time :D
    the last couple of months are uncomfortable but apart from that it's grand . its getting pregnant that's my problem!

Yeah it's only work that's really made my life hard when pregnant,I can manage the symptoms as much as I moan about them!!

Is every set for the big arrival? I need to buy her some hats and I think that's it

• Advertisement

same here . work has made me tired and when I'm tired I'm a bag of hormones!so end up crying at nothing!

think I have everything got a little snow suit for taking junior home in . gonna get my changing bag next week and that's me!

My changing bag is one I picked from river island but it's wrapped from oh under the tree :(

Anyone been in a birthing pool before?? Just wondering what I should pack to wear in it?? Just a bra?

must have a look in there actually . might let someone get me one for Christmas!

what is the story with waking up starving!!This is the second day its happened!

Baby is busy growing Bobskii, I sometimes have to eat at four or five in the morning. Banana sandwiches lol. I am getting a changing bag for Christmas too, I think I am going with the babymel in house of frazer., it will double as a handbag for the next two years. Hoping to breastfeed again so you don't need half as much stuff. Attic nearly finished, doing my tree on Saturday and I slept last night. I am really excited today.
    Hoping to use the birthing pool too. Think it's up to you what you wear or if you wear anything at all.

Daddy bought a little princess bag for when he has. Her out by himself. Lol the hard man is softening for his daughter already!!

I don't think I would feel comfortable with the big Babylons out in the pool!!.I prob just wear a bra or get myself a sports top type bra thing!

Bobskii I was starving the other night too it's unreal
    There was serious movement happening last night and now her arms/legs seem to be at bottom of bump, I hope she hasn't turned!!

Does anyone else get serious pressure not painful in their chest?. Sometimes it feels like she plays football with my lungs.

last two nights I've slept great I thinks not since I got put off work!no pressure on me now .
    I'm only awake now after another Snooze . better get up and feed this baby lol!

That's great Bobskii. Get all the rest you can. Ha ha lashes don't think I would have the boobs out either. I hear ya on the pressure, it sometimes feels like the wind has been knocked out of me!

I get that pressure as the day goes on,I do be grand in the morning.
    vest tops in penny's are great lashes,the longer ones . they contain the boobs(to am extent) but are comfy too,maybe you could try one of them ,then roll It up when your in the pool . I'm do jealous of ye being able to use the mlu I'd love to!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

I wore a tankini type top and bottoms the last time in my birth pool. I ended up getting out before I was near the end cause it kinda slowed things down. I would have kept the top on though - although in saying that when you are the final stages all sense of embarrassment or even worrying about things like that just flies out the window : )

Are you both having a homebirth Lashes28 and fall?? I'm having one too. This will be my second homebirth.

• Advertisement

Awe yeah I'm leaving my dignity at the front door of hospital and I'll collect it when I'm going home!!
    Not having a home birth witchity I'm in mlu so hopefully will have the option of being in the birthing pool for Labour.

I'm super jealous of you sleeping bobskii, I'm not able to sleep and day 2 of clear out of my sons bedroom kept me from napping this morning!
    I'll pay for it later tho, cause there's 20 of my family bringing the kiddies to the Santa kingdom in the castle tonight,I'll have to hibernate all weekend to make up for it!!

have ta say I'm feeling a lot better since getting that sleep.
    oh I heard the santa in the castle is very good,my friend said even she nearly believed he was the real santa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Still short sleep here too and bobskii I keep waking up around 4am starving!!

Baby bag packed today! It's a bit early yet but I wanted to see what I'm short and easiest way to do that was to pack. Short the baby towel and 2 vests but I know they're in a Christmas present to me from family. Have spare babygros for home but not getting anything else now until I see what I get coz a couple of cousins are passing stuff along to me in January

Not having a home birth but hoping to use the pool in the coombe. I did the same Mirrorwall, packed so I could see what I was missing. I am on the domino scheme so hope to get home quickly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am so excited for you all,I feel I should be here as I had January 09,11 and 13 babies:) then I had an April one so not sure what happened there:)

Good luck over the next few weeks and hopefully one of you get your 1st on 1st Jan like I did:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

This day week will be my first day of maternity leave. So excited for it! Going to finish all the little jobs this week so when it comes around I can totally relax and wait for this baby to make an appearance.

I'm already thinking of going in for a few hours next week,I'm a disaster for relaxin I find it impossible to do sometimes!

Ha ha Bobskii I went in yesterday and caught two going on the mitch. It's hard to change pace. Definitely do something really nice for yourself. I so appreciate the mornings I wake up feeling rested. Can't wait to put the tree up today.

lol just when the kids thought it was safe!I might do a couple of half days I'll see,altho as you say I love that I'm well rested now

• Advertisement

Fair play to Ye for getting plenty of rest and sleep, I was awake from 1 until 6ish last night with so much pressure down below,I think she's getting so big and heavy now her movements are a little painful/uncomfortable.

So today I'm a zombie and I think I'm getting a cold. :(

Advertisement