Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Fair play to Ye for getting plenty of rest and sleep, I was awake from 1 until 6ish last night with so much pressure down below,I think she's getting so big and heavy now her movements are a little painful/uncomfortable.

So today I'm a zombie and I think I'm getting a cold. :(

Husband has been coughing/sneezing and driving me nuts sniffing for the last four days. Outright refuses to blow his nose or take anything ffs. Awake myself from about 1-7 but slept then and woke up sneezing. If I get sick I'm going to kill him!

I've been into school twice since and to see the school show twie :) haven't caught anyone on the Mitch tho rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

So. Much. Pain.

A lot of pain in my bump today especially above my belly button. I think she's ran out of room fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

when is your next check up lashes?I don't have constant pain but I did let yelps last nite twice with pain down below again . like someone stabbed me!!
    I was freaking out a bit earlier thought babs had stopped moving,well he/she must have read my mind cos they gave me a full force kick to my ribs cue me yelping again!!

9th so think that's Tuesday?

It's not labour pains /Braxton hicks but just so painful all over. Then I'm wondering if it's Murphy's law,as all of my peeps I would rely on are out at Xmas parties tonight. It would be just my luck lol!!

Baby is moving so much,her limbs were on left last night and now on right tonight,
    When are you back for check up?

them flipping braxton hicks are fierce!!I was sitting chatting to my neighbour earlier and he was laughing,he could see babs moving through my top them my bump was rock hard!
    I'm back on Monday first thing . are you in every week from now on?

• Advertisement

Yes I'm in mlu this week, docs next week. Are you the same?? I still feel a little unprepared just can't get over how quick this pregnancy has gone!! Have you far to go to hospital when the big time comes??

Yeh I'm The same . wasn't sur if they'd let me go to the doc next week . But I'm hoping the do.
    It's about 40 min drive but it's a good road that's why I picked it over drophead . It's the same time to either for me.
    I hope this one has moved down into position for my scan on Monday!I was just saying to my oh,there's a thread started already for august 15,I think that's mad cos when we found out we thought January was so far away and here we are nearly there!

I was thinking the same,especially cause I kept reading ahead too and thinking it's ages away and here we are!! Hospital is literally 2 mins away from me, I'm so blessed, I could be in labour and walk to the hospital no problems,well I wouldn't like to try it out tho lol

Ooh another scan,is there a reason for it?? I think head can still become unengaged? Am I right?

so you can labour at home and still not panic that's great!!
    I get scanned every time I go to the hospital . I dunno why in think it's cos it's an if baby,they call this a precious pregnancy which is ridiculous cos every pregnancy is precious!
    Yeh the midwife in my docs told me ages ago The head was and that might mean id need a section but they said no in the hospital that it means nothing till later on and that we'd chat more next time,which is Monday!

ivf baby!stupid phone lol!

• Advertisement

When I got my scan at 34 weeks she said head was engaged,I went in straight after for an appointment the said head was in right direction but not engaged?at my kidney scan still her head wasn't engaged.

I think for second babies they can be quite late in getting engaged so I wouldn't be worried.

How's hubby feeling about everything?? Will he be good for Labour time?

Yeh the doc said the same to me . I asked her about what the midwife said and she said no don't worry the head can engage with contractions!

my oh told me he was anxious earlier,had to tell him last week to calm himself he was ringing me up to six times a day framing out when I didn't answer . he's a bit more calm now but I dunno how he'll b with the whole labour thing . hopefully he won't be in a heap in the corner!!
    how is yours with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Think mine is running out of room fast as well. Hasn't stop squirming all evening and it's lifting me out of it at times! Hope ye are all having a good weekend!

Well he was no help last time,but in fairness we were both very young! To think he was only 18 when I had my son still shocks me when I look at cousins that are that age now. Hes very laid back,but like that I've noticed more calls/texts when were apart asking how I am.

Have you everything sorted for Xmas?
    Oh hazelbee it's so uncomfortable isn't it??I feel so much better than I did a hour ago thank god!! Still a dull ache in my back but so manageable!

It really is! It's kinda fascinating at the same time though. I always end up pulling up my jumper to watch. :)

I've most of my Christmas shopping done online, just a few bits to pick up. We've a bit more cleaning etc to do here tomorrow before we put up the tree. How are you fixed?

my son is the same age now as I was having him :O
    there is no way he'd cope with a baby,dunno how I managed it!!
    I put my tree up today with much huffing and taking breaks lol!
    I think my skin is running out of stretch!!its very tight across the top of my bump,I would say much more and it'll be like a road map
    no new stretch marks as of yet!

Ye really are amazing for coping with everything so young. I'm just about ready for my first now in my early 30s.

My bump feels quite hard at times today actually and I can see lots of veins through my skin. I haven't got any stretch marks at all yet but from what I've read it could still happen so I'm not getting my hope ups on that one!

I think the younger you are the less you worry to be honest!my belly is covered in veins it's horrible lookin!!

Thats mad bobskii!!We were so young alright but I never thought anything of it.

Most of my shopping done,no decorations up yet will get to them this week!!

+1 on veins, my boobs are so veiny too, cannot wait to get back to 'normal'

• Advertisement

I know,I look at him and think how the heck did I manage ta get ya this far!!I can't wait till I can wear proper clothes again altho I think I'll miss my bump when it's gone,and the sooner my boobs reduce in size the better!!

Oh I cannot wait to be able to wear normal clothes. I'm rotating the same 4 outfits at work for the last month. It's too late to go buying any new maternity clothes though and it's not like I need a Christmas party dress this year!

I just miss wearing a baggy goody and skinny jeans,how sad am I lol!

hoody! !

Got up, had a potter about, wide awake and was about to make breakfast when I realized it was only 4am!! I really thought it was around 8.

HazelBee wrote: »
    Got up, had a potter about, wide awake and was about to make breakfast when I realized it was only 4am!! I really thought it was around 8.

Ha ha love it! Was in the inlaws yesterday, got home at 930 and feel straight to sleep. Up again 1230, back to sleep about 230 and I've been awake since about 430 now. I'm craving black pudding so contemplating actually getting dressed and driving to maynooth as their tesco opens at 6 apparently...

Ok so coffee and freshly baked croissants have just made our morning :)

And I've got a yum lunch to look forward too coz I'm making http://www.littlepinkkitchen.co.uk/index.php/black-pudding-and-apple-salad-with-poached-egg/

I'm in food heaven :) which is actually great coz I've been nauseous and not wanted to eat the last week and was starting to get a bit worried!

That sounds great Mirrorwall. Glad you have your appetite back.

I managed to snooze again for a couple of hours!!:)

I wish I could enjoy coffee again!!I went totally off it at the start of my pregnancy and it was my only little indulgence! !
    Hopefully my love for it will come back after I have babs! Great sleep again last night ,was only up once for the bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I'm the same, one bathroom break and then slept for six hours straight. Haven't done that in months. I did so much cleaning and put the tree up yesterday I don't think anything would have woken me.
    Went to Dundrum to look at changing bags. Crazy dear and horrible so got a cheapo one in penny's that looks ten times nicer and cost feck all.
    I have never drank a cup of coffee but I love the smell of it at the moment. No stretch marks but they are hereditary and my mam had six of us and got none and I got none on my first so fingers crossed.

Advertisement