Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I was just lying here here thinking about a changing bag!that's the mission tomorrow after my appointment . I'm starving again need to haul myself out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Sitting in bed, husband off to make the breakfast and he just dropped me up a cup of tea. It's already a good day :-)

now how would I get mine to do that!!He's having a Sunday lie in!I've to go into work for an hour to make sur the new girl is alright on her own so no choice only get up,I'm glad to not be working today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

In food heaven here :)

My bro bought me a changing bag of Amazon which was cheap and cheerful but then a friend of my inlaws who imports stuff gave us two jj Cole changing bags which would have been waaaay out of our price range! One of them is a bit bling for me but the other is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haa I was up at 330 oh came home after his last night out with the lads with a dirty chicken in black bean with rice. I left a tiny bit and it's now playing on my mind to go and eat it cold for breakie lol. And I think I will his snoring is ridiculous right now.

How is everyone spending Xmas day? My brother is coming home this Xmas and staying until the second week in January in hope he will get to meet junior I hope she makes an appearance!!

• Advertisement

I was looking at those on line Mirrorwall. Would you recommend them? The changing bags I have looked at are either huge or ugly. For a €100 I would want something that would double as my bag for the next two years. I think if you get the huge ones you just bring a load of stuff you don't need. It was going to be my Christmas present but can't find what I like so my penny's bag will have to do for the moment.

right I'm getting up ye are making my hunger worse :D
    I'm going home for dinner this year and I'm really lookin forward to it!I'm sur your little doll will make an appearance for her uncle,no doubt you'll be doing everything to try and ensure it . Would any of ye like to have baby here for Christmas?I'd love it!But I also don't want to spend Christmas in hospital!

Id only be 36 weeks so while a christmas baby would be nice he'd be a bit early!

To be honest I don't know if I would have paid the 70 dollars or so they are. One of them is absolutely massive, I'm using it for my hospital bag. I think if I'm using that one it'll have to be a handbag too. Unfortunately the neater one is the blingy on but I might get over it, I do like the set up of it and the changing mat is good. This is my first though so I expect I'm really not going to know what works for me until he gets here!

I would love to have all over and done with for Xmas but like you I would be devastated to be in hospital for Xmas day. If I go my self I could leave mlu after 6 hours but if I'm in the normal ward I would be snookered. It's just Xmas morning,my son is 9 so we are milking his last few years of Santa magic with him and I wouldn't miss it for the world. It happened my friend last year. Her oh Skyped her so she could see it all happening, but she just cried for the day :(

For me in my changing bag I'll have a change of clothes, nappies,wipes,caledescene,changing mat and then whatever feeds I would need for the time we would be out. If I remember I ALWAYS carried too much stuff around in it,somethings never even seen the light of day,but just in case ;)

your lucky cos just when your son is done with santa little miss lashes will be taking the reins . Christmas isn't the same with no santa in the house!!
    I have no idea what I used to have inin your changing bag,it's all a distant memory!!

• Advertisement

I managed a small changing bag first time round. Once I had the soother, two changes of clothes and nappies I could go pretty much anywhere but each baby is different so who knows. My son is seven so once I am here Christmas morning I don't mind. I am technically considered full term from next Friday ( 37 weeks) so I will have everything ready just in case. I am domino scheme so hope to leave pretty soon after the birth if all goes well. The cleaners hoovering at seven in the morning when I had my first drove me silly.

same as that,I'm classed as full term from Thursday so anything Is possible .
    I'm only Sitting to eat now,went into a cleaning frenzy thee for a while!!

I actually had a bowl of porridge and then I wonder why I'm piling on the pounds with mid night snacks!!

Had a mini cleaning buzz,changed sheets showered us and now we are ready to hit the shops to pick up a few more prssies and have lunch lol!!
    I'm full term on Wednesday. I think the older I've gotten the more panicky I get about things!! I don't remember being this nervous on my first??
    Also feeling a bit emotional today,it's been ages since I've had a good cry so hopefully it's out of my system and I'm good for the day!

I remember being freaked out about having the baby last time,well the actual birth . I'm not like that this time but I think it's more the fact that I thought it'd never face if and I did and all that went with it!so my thinking is if I can do that I can do this,but I just want everything to be okay.
    I'm going into work soon and then dunno what I'll do with myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I can't believe it! I've made it to Monday morning of my last week of work. After 5 months of nausea and vomiting this year felt so long but now the weeks are flying. The thought of being out of work for so long is really strange but I'm sure come January I'll be so busy I won't even notice!

I'm doing one more day of work then that's me :P
    all good at my appointment!!

Braxton hicks are unreal again tonight,lets.hope it keeps up and I go into labour #wishfulthinking

same here,all day yesterday along with back pain which I haven't had before . as starting to think maybe it was a sign . that's how labour started for me last time . I'm fine now tho!seems sleep was all I needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

What do Braxton hicks feel like? I had back pain and kept getting a stingy/tight pain across my bump yesterday. Maybe there's just not much room in there!

For me it was period esque pains on the front lower part of my tummy that came got stronger and then eased off for the best part of. 2 hours or so. But unfortunately all is calm this morning.

I'm in now at 10 for my massage, hopefully that might start something lol

• Advertisement

Baby freaked me out yesterday with basically no movement unless I forced it with sugar. And I kept falling asleep, even in the middle of a kick count! Finally figured out around 8 last night that I had taken a piriton in the morning instead of at night coz the itch was driving me bonkers. We were both zonked for the day. Must watch that in future! I'm allowed them as required but definitely will consider it carefully next time.

The joys! He's now kicking me in the crotch. At least he's moving :)

It's crazy you can never stop worrying?!? Do you feel any way rested? I'm like a walking zombie again, feck all sleep.
    My Madame was going berserk with the Braxton hicks last night, not sure if there's reasoning behind it??

I was the same last night. Back pain and braxtons. Wrecked today.

Funny I'm actually well rested coz I slept a lot yesterday! though I may say that day 1 of the visit home to the parents didn't go so smoothly since I slept through most of the day :)

It's mad, everything's a worry isn't it?

The exhaustion is awful tho

do any of ye sleep with a pillow between your knees?I started doing that and I swear it's what is making me sleep better.
    I was grumpy tired last night though and went to bed early!

Must try that tonight bobskii. Everything was annoying me last night tho,my Pjs kept twisting,pillows too high for my neck took one away and nearly died with heart burn etc I've hospital app today
    I'm looking forward to bedtime already :)

it's worth a try!oh in jealous of you getting a massage today I'd love one I best get up and start the day,lying in bed does me no favours!!!

I have the big long body pillow and sleep with it between my knees. For anyone approaching the .36 week Mark if you like dates start eating them everyday. There is clinical data to show they effect the dilation of your cervix in a good way. Might help someone avoid an induction.

fall wrote: »
    I have the big long body pillow and sleep with it between my knees. For anyone approaching the .36 week Mark if you like dates start eating them everyday. There is clinical data to show they effect the dilation of your cervix in a good way. Might help someone avoid an induction.

I have a cheap and cheerful one from argos too, it's a godsend. Regretting not bringing it with me to the parents tbh

• Advertisement

Fall you know all the tricks!! I'll be stockpiling dates and pineapple from here on in!!

Advertisement