Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I probably sound like a nut when I post but the gentle birth course teaches you really interesting stuff and it has to be backed up my clinical results, not just old wives tales.
    I bring my pillow everywhere, got it in lidl for around a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fall wrote: »
    I probably sound like a nut when I post but the gentle birth course teaches you really interesting stuff and it has to be backed up my clinical results, not just old wives tales.
    I bring my pillow everywhere, got it in lidl for around a tenner.

Midwife in the coombe Saturday class went through them with us too! I hate dates tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

so do I unfortunately!I love hearing tips fall . all are welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Feet, legs, fingers and face suddenly.swelled up yesterday and although my 10 shift at work prob didnt help I ended up in hospital with bp bit high. Was admitted but it slowly went back to normal. Urine being tested this morning as was trace protein.

Didnt think id be kept in and now they signing me of work! All I want is my own bed cuz this place is mental! Baba's crying all night!!! Mums exhausted and midwives having to wake them up to deal with crying babies.

Defo going to bring earphones with me everywhere from now on. 4 weeks to go!

Feet, legs, fingers and face suddenly.swelled up yesterday and although my 10 shift at work prob didnt help I ended up in hospital with bp bit high. Was admitted but it slowly went back to normal. Urine being tested this morning as was trace protein.

Didnt think id be kept in and now they signing me of work! All I want is my own bed cuz this place is mental! Baba's crying all night!!! Mums exhausted and midwives having to wake them up to deal with crying babies.

Defo going to bring earphones with me everywhere from now on. 4 weeks to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi everyone,
    Finished work on Friday at 33 weeks thank God, my back , hips and knees are banjaxed.Also, got carpel tunnel in both hands, have the fine motor skills of a toddler. Am scheduled for a c section for the 8th of Jan if I last that long, does anyone know if partners are allowed stay over after delivery? What am I going to do when they hand me two babies ???? am equal parts terrified and crazy excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Bless ya Millie!! I dunno how your managing with two! Partners don't usually stay over. Nurses usually help out with twins,I know my friend when she was in, the nurses took one of them during the night but she was bottle feeding.
    Hope you get to relax soon x

Ps if any of Ye can get a pregnancy massage I would recommend to, completely relaxed and zoned out,esp after all the Braxton hicks last night!

Belinda mind yourself! Millie the carpel tunnel is horrific, mine is driving me nuts. Going to ask for a physio referral next week, one of my fingers is numb more often than not now and as a music teacher/piano player I don't want to do any lasting damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Are you in Dublin Lashes? Dying to get one done. Would love some recommendations of where to go.

• Advertisement

millie was only wondering this morning how you were getting on . fair play to you one is tough enough!!my friend had that carpel tunnel she's said it's horrible used keep her awake at night.

I dunno why but I'm wrecked today . you'd think with sleeping at night is be fine!!belinda mind yourself a girl I know who's blood pressure wouldn't settle had to deliver early,feet up for you!

Yay, home now thank god! Had a shower (felt like I won the lotto!) And now lying with legs up on sofa with netflix. BP was fine again leaving and was only tiny amount of protein in end.

Im back in Thursday anyway for ante natal clinic that was already scheduled with my midwife. Feel fine but was worried when I seen my feet and the whole pre eclampsia thing.

Must look into a pregnancy massage. Im a first time mum that was so excited about this and couldnt wait to meet the baba but after last night im not afraid to say how nervous I am. Some mums were feeding on the hour and when they wernt the babies were sceaming.... naturally some were really getting stresed out.

that's great news!glad to hear everything is okay.

Tried to tidy up the lady garden,sweet baby Jesus I hope I don't go for another few months to cover up the devastation!!

that made me lol lashes!my beautician friend told me ta come in for a Brazilian,I politely declined!!

that made me lol lashes!my beautician friend told me ta come in for a Brazilian,I politely declined!!

I might need to avail of some professional help myself bobskii lol!!

Hope all is doing well

I'm in Drogheda Fall not Dublin,but I'm sure the chat thread girls might be able to help you out?

Fresh sheets and fresh out of shower please god I get some sleep tonight!!

I'm sleeping like a log tonight :P

That makes two of us!!

I give up!I'm wrecked but can't sleep.

• Advertisement

Heart burn for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Heart burn for me :(

Popping over from Dec thread. Heartburn is a killer for me too, rennies only doing so much. Asked midwife is there anything else, she told me Zantac is over the counter now, bought them yesterday and wow some relief, they are great

thanks so much Will have to get some tomorrow, I think the heartburn actually woke me up!! I've gavisconned and it's gone but now I'm wide awake.

I've been on zantac since 2nd trimester but it's starting to fail me now :( I have gerd so ive been medicated for years until pregnancy.

Awake here too but I drove back from Mayo in the shocking weather yesterday. Got in and went to bed at seven for a nap, I woke up at 2am!!! Awesome!! Dozed off again so can't complain about being awake now really

I really am glad I don't have heartburn to contend with as well as being awake at that hour.

Feel like crap today, stuffy head and nose and blisters up my nose :(
    Just wish I had everything over and done with now.

can u get a few hours rest on the couch?I've had cold sores in my nose for about 2 months now and when I sneeze they bleed!

That's exactly what I'm doing!! School run at 3 I'll have the homeless style today!!
    How do cope bobskii they feel like mountains and if I touch off them at all the pain!!

I'm doing the same,I just said feck it first day of maternity leave(officially) and I'm gonna do as little as possible.

there's nothing you can do for them I jus put with them sometimes they are worse than others .They are a sign of being run down cos I always had them even before I was pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Wide awake. Can't believe it's my last day of work later. Don't think it will sink in for a while!

Advertisement