Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Wide awake too... Need to buy a book to read whilst I still have the time to! I've had my first week off for maternity and it went so quickly everyone kept saying oh your gonna be. So bored at home all day,but I haven't stopped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

awake here too but in fairness I got a decent sleep till now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I have a load of stuff I want to get done around the house this week, finish my Christmas shopping and then chill out for the last 3 weeks! :)

Enjoy your last day Hazelbee :)

Thanks lashes! Just heading off now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Have a great day Hazelbee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Enjoy! Up since 530 here but drove the OH to work at 630 so only back in the door now. Heading away for our anniversary for two nights tonight so I'm a bit wired in case something goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

bobskii wrote: »
    I'm doing the same,I just said feck it first day of maternity leave(officially) and I'm gonna do as little as possible.

there's nothing you can do for them I jus put with them sometimes they are worse than others .They are a sign of being run down cos I always had them even before I was pregnant.

Women are amazing, I dont know how youse do it. We have 5 weeks left and my wife was violently sick for 6 and a half months, now its "just" bad heartburn (zantac), no sleep, restless legs, swollen sore hands and cold sores!! On top of all that, she has to inject Heparin everyday due to previous PE.
    I think that just about shades manflu....

Best of luck to all, I hope you have a peaceful and restful Christmas/maternity leave and a quick and easy birth with healthy baby!

A lovely post Sallymomo. Best of luck to you and your wife. 37 weeks today. I am so excited.

that's a lovely post . its good to know at least some men appreciate what women go through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

That's pepped me up a bit :) yes we are amazing and prob don't realise it half the time !😜 wide awake here reading emails , making list of things to do etc etc hoping to get few last bits tomorrow :) ..... Hoping!

wide awake here too!really thought labour was starting earlier today!!it all settled down in the evening tho.
    anyone else thinking about the weather and travelling to the hospital in it?I'm here thinking about it and hoping it's not the bloody worse snow storm in years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Yes hoping for zero snow , Ice etc !!! I'm thinking of dp if he needs a kip in the car! He would be freezing :( wish I could sleep heart burn is killing me tonight , my own fault had lovely chicken fajitas mmmmm

Last night I actually slept from 12 til now! Woohoo I feel like a new woman!!

How are you feeling now bobskii any more pain?? I was in Tesco yesterday and struggled with Braxton hicks. I thought leave quick the last thing I need is for my waters to go in front of everyone! Lol it would be just my luck!!but came home and nadda

I'm so lucky with regards to the hospital,oh family home is literally next door and I'm not much further away.

Oh fajitas sound delish,it doesn't matter what I eat don't eat these days heartburn kills me anyways.

finally a good sleep for you!!!ya can't beat it!
    I'm fine now,I didn't feel right at all yesterday . I had bh then started to get actual pain with them it stopped me in my tracks a couple of times . I couldn't get comfortable at all and that's how I remember starting labour last time . Then last night everything settled down,I've been awake now for age but I'm not putting my nose outside the duvet it's too cold!

Yeah same with myself, the uncomfortable in your own skin feel is how I remember labour starting before.

Had a peep out the window and it's white.. jumped back into bed, son is on his ds,supposed to be going to cinema today and get my last few Xmas presents.

Just hope he doesn't get jealous when baby comes. He's 9 and should know better but it's just been him for so so long I just worry!

I'm waiting till next week to get my last few bits . probably madness but that's when it's payday!
    I wonder about that myself,not so much jealousy because he'd old enough now but just the massive change to routine it's gonna bring . I'm taxi cook and cleaner(aren't we all) for my lad but I'm not gonna be able to go for him at the drop of a text now and I dunno how it will be welcomed!plus he's used to coming and going with his mates as he pleases,my house is like a drop in centre sometimes!

Saturday night Braxton hicks,argh just wish I would start off in full swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Saturday night Braxton hicks,argh just wish I would start off in full swing

Oh no, bath maybe?

I'm away for our anniversary and feeling ridiculously proud of me and bump, no bleeding, no stresses and baby has kicked religiously meaning a very relaxed weekend. I'm also on my third bath :)

alla quiet on the baby front here today!my poor belly if it stretches anymore I dunno if it can cope!!

• Advertisement

alls quiet on the baby front here today!my poor belly if it stretches anymore I dunno if it can cope!!
    Enjoy your weekend away mirror wall id love that!!

Hello insomnia my old friend lol! Hope you have a lovely weekend Mirrorwall. Feel the same about my bump Bobskii. I popped loads this week and bump well and truly dropped.

Enjoy Mirrorwall! Sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

must stop watching "one born every minute"!!!!!

millie14 wrote: »
    must stop watching "one born every minute"!!!!!

Ha! I'm definitely avoiding that!

haven't watched that in ages!I never watched it before I got pregnant cos I used just cry(wishin it could be me :( ) then I started watching it!
    must keep an eye out for it again!altho suppose I'll be doing it for real soon :P

I stopped watching that ages and ages ago!!

Except the American one it's like a soap drama, how are you and the twins keeping Millie?

My little darling feels like she is burrowing her way out of my va jay! I wasn't expecting her to be so active at this late stage? She's usually back to the right limbs to the left,but that's changed loads today alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I stopped watching that ages and ages ago!!

Except the American one it's like a soap drama, how are you and the twins keeping Millie?

My little darling feels like she is burrowing her way out of my va jay! I wasn't expecting her to be so active at this late stage? She's usually back to the right limbs to the left,but that's changed loads today alone!

Yes I keep crying at the end when the babies arrive!!! I suppose I'll be crying for real soon, the twins are good thanks fr asking , both four and a half pounds and both head down , had to go to emergency room on Friday as there was a query I was leaking amniotc fluid but got check out and it turns out I'm weeing myself lol morto , staff in cumh were wonderful to deal with and my consultant was on call so they were able to get his opinion too, tell you what ladies there is no dignity left at this stage! Thankfully I had shaved my legs that morning ha ha

big weight for twins millie fair play to ya!!ah definitely dignity out the window,it's funny if someone said to ya years ago this is what happens you'd run a mile,then as your going through it you(well I do) just think sur everyone's in the same boat!!

• Advertisement

I keep saying it, dignity left at door of hospital and I'll collect it on the way out!! Lol

Fantastic weight Millie, how are you keeping in yourself? Are you getting much sleep?? I can't imagine how you would try to get comfy with two to contend with!!

Had such a lazy day again today, May get my ass in gear tomorrow to do more Xmas shopping, or else people will be getting nada!

Advertisement