Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I can't imagine two babies moving inside ya lol!just one feels like about 5 with the shapes it's pulling so two must be extra odd!!
    I had a busy day today I'm wrecked but know I won't sleep and I've the doc tomorrow . hope it doesn't end up like last time at the doc,emotional mess doesn't even come close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Yeah sleep is v broken as it's very hard to get comfortable for long, the babies wiggle like mad now so it's really like your body is not your own but I love every minute of it too. It's amazing what our bodies can do ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Need to sleep in the worst way. Sister very ill and being admitted to psych hosptial again so got v little sleep last night as she wouldn't agree to go in until today. Next growth scan is Wednesday and I'm wired about it again. My home monitor is showing BP closer and closer to 140/90 (like 138/89) and I can't tell if it's stress or exhaustion or an actual issue.

My brain just needs to stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

That is a lot on your plate Mirrorwall, especially when you're already exhausted from pregnancy. Look after yourself!

Got an hours sleep, the world seems a better place. Slightly less of the 'feeling like an overtired cranky toddler'. Now if only everything could be remedied as easily

• Advertisement

hope you have someone who can share them troubles with you mirror wall . been there myself with a sibling and it's not easy when your in the full of your health let alone when your pregnant.

OH is great and my other siblings and friends thanks.

On a seperate note, being a bit out of it I didn't realise I have all the symptoms of a UTI. Does anyone know if that's something I need to ring the assessment unit about or can it wait til my appointment on wed morning?

ah that's great then lightens the load a bit for you,it's tough going hope your sister is ok.
    It wouldn't do any harm ta give them a ring and ask I suppose .I was down today with my mid wife . alls good to go she says she probably won't see me again till baby is born!!
    I'm lying here try in room feel the baby kick,I have felt it but I'm a bit freaked cos it's not as active as usual since the doc was prodding at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

So emotional today,could be the three hours sleep I got last night and my hormones. Just cried for half an hour over my son singing that nicki minaj song 'oh my god look at her butt at me and oh laughing please god I get sleep tonight.

Sorry to hear about it sis mirror there's never a good timing for these things but it's the worst timing ever

Bobskii what if u give bump a little poke to wake up? I always feel crampy afterwards

ah that's allowed lashes ,I nearly decapitated the oh yesterday for taking a photo of me then I went off crying,mad pregnancy hormones!!
    I woke it up with food and a fizzy drink,I'm gonna go . room bed soon and I'm sur it will start moving constant soon as I settle down!

• Advertisement

Great to hear bobskii I hate it when they frighten us like that!!

Is anyone else's weight getting to them these days? Stood on the scales last night and I have put on a whopping 4 stone I dunno how the heck it has happened but if my placenta doesn't weigh about 3 and half stone I will be really disappointed. It's one of those feeling sorry for myself days!

ah your allowed have them days especially this close to d day!I've put on 2.5 and I'm . Honda find it impossible to lose cos I have thyroid issues but feck it. You won'twon't India when you have your little woman In your arms . the weight will come back off!

my phone has issues!!I meant you won't mind when you have your little woman in your arms . you just need a good sleep lashes!

That's exactly what I need,the glass will be half full with a bit of sleep in me!!

Tried those heartburn zantac today and have been great the whole day they are a god send!!

I dont think I'll b sleep in tonight . I sleep better when everyone is gone to work here!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Night 3 - wide awake and up writting the thank you cards from our wedding (we are very late with them!!).

Tried all the trick too this evening, only napped for 2 hours today even though had no sleep last night, took a lovely bath before bedtime and had hot chocolate, really thought id sleep :-(

Have a burning pain in throat too, guess thats heartburn........

Little bump I love you so much but please let me sleep for a while :-)

I seem to wake up every night at 2am and not be able to get back to sleep. Think I'll have to start doing something productive in this time because lying awake for hours thinking is not doing me any good!

Actually slept a bit last night apart from bathroom breaks. Coombe assessment said come in so got to hear baby and apparently he's head down now. On antibiotics for UTI. Now if he could stop head butting me in the bladder Id be a lot more comfortable!

so he's pointed in the right direction .its reassuring to go in if nothing else . I'm shattered today . Had great intentions of doing loads today . been sitting on the couch since I got up!

It is. It's always nice to be sure he's ok, particularly at this stage when aches and pains are kicking in!

That sucks alright. I've actually flattened myself here and did way too much. On the couch now. I even washed the curtains in the baby's room, we knew they were kids curtains (rental) but I didn't notice til I took them out that they are totally girly-fairies!!

On the other hand we did pick baby's first outfit, or rather I took pics as I shopped and hubby observed and helped pick by text! :)

• Advertisement

Yeh I heard the heartbeat yesterday too and I love it!!I cannot wait to find to see whether we get boy or girl so I can shop like that!!I'm gonna have something to eat now and hopefully that will get me some energy to do the stuff I said I'd do!!

bobskii wrote: »
    Yeh I heard the heartbeat yesterday too and I love it!!I cannot wait to find to see whether we get boy or girl so I can shop like that!!I'm gonna have something to eat now and hopefully that will get me some energy to do the stuff I said I'd do!!

Don't overdo it or you'll be back on the couch like me :) Have not got the hang of pacing myself!

Oh Ya the doc last night was like definitely a boy. 'Big boy' apparently roflmao. Pointed it all out to husband, I couldn't see!

lol!Every time my oh came to a scan he had a fear of 'realising' it was a boy!he's as innocent!!I told him chances are if you think it's a boy that's it's leg :D

Non stop day so far!! Nap needed after homework and dinner,even just five minutes on the chair!!

Mirror is that the first outfit? Or outfit to bring home?? I have a cheapy Tesco one for first out fit as baby is a bit gunky going into it until bath is had. Then the nicer ones for later

Definitely sit! As the physio in the coombe said we Irish are obsessed with putting the dinner on instantly even when we need to be taking five minutes and it wouldn't delay dinner by long

First for now unless he's gross, more first pics idea! :) I have a load of second hand gear bagged up in sleepsuits/vest combos in the baby bag so we'll decide when we get to that stage. I assume we'll need something a hell of a lot warmer to bring him home in!

36 weeks appointment today. Baby's head is engaged. It's exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

loads of back pain and contractions at the top of my bump. Actually thought things were kicking off yesterday. Bags ready at the the door. Birth preferences done. Baby clothes washed and car seat and blankets ready. It's all very real right now!

oh!!how exciting!I've been having back for pains for days now but nothing worth worryin about I don't think!I've spent the afternoon on the ball after eventually getting round to doing my jobs!

Scan done and went great . Femur still v short but they don't care. No appointment until week 37 in hospital now (go to GP at week 36). Happy out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi Bobski is the ball any good?? I am really feeling 'heavily' pregnant since weekend, if i go upstairs Im huffing and puffing like I am gonna blow the hse down!!!! And all around me there is nothing but ladies having their baby early, my OH cousin was due same time as me, had baby boy yday!!!! Is it too early to start wishing I would go; 36 weeks??!!

Advertisement