Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I wish I had something to come on here and moan about like Braxton hicks,pressure down below,back pain. But nope I've nadda. Zilch. She's far too comfy in there for my liking!!

Had 38 week check up too today I'm measuring 35 weeks but doc didn't seem too concerned as heads down smaller bump (doesn't feel it!)

Hope you will get some sleep after that day mirrorwall

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Ladies did any of ye get the whooping cough vaccine. Between one thing and another I only asked my mw about it the other day and she said that its up to me and that they don't push it one way or another (very helpful I know! ).

Currently at home in my home place for a couple of days, really wanted to c my parents and grandparents and baby brother before I become a mammy. Im 3 hours away from hubby and 3.5 away from my own hospital (obvs there is a hospital in between) so feeling nervous. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Yeh I got it Belinda. The nurse recommend it and I had a chat with my mum about it and she said I had whopping cough at 4 months old and it was terrible so that sealed the deal for me . It's to cover the baby when it's born really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lashes don't worry about it. And in this case it's very self inflicted, I wouldn't advise anyone to fall over lol-I am really sore!

Belinda I'm going to try and get it too. From reading up it seems fairly sensible. My oldest sister had it as a baby too and mum said it was not nice

Spoke too soon!!! Up all night with vomiting bug. Great start to the Xmas hols,back to bed for an hour before half day school run :( feeling sorry for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Lashes don't worry about it. And in this case it's very self inflicted, I wouldn't advise anyone to fall over lol-I am really sore!

Belinda I'm going to try and get it too. From reading up it seems fairly sensible. My oldest sister had it as a baby too and mum said it was not nice

Great, must ring gp so to book it fot next week. New sleep pattern established at night, sleep 3-4 hours, wake 3 hours, sleep 3 hours.... is this what baba has in store for us??? I may be able to handle it!!:-)

how are you now lashes?I've put in the worst day of pain . honestly thought I was in labour earlier,unfortunately not!

Where was the pain bobskii?? I'm taking any pain as being a good sign these days.

I'm doing ok, son is actually not well either so couch dvds duvet and toilet trips have been the order of the day.

A girl I know due second week in January, pops up on Facebook that she had him this morning. Jealous is an understatement!

I'm the same I heard today a girl . due same day as me had her baby by section this morning!elective section so she would b home for Christmas cos she has other smallies !!

they were in the top of my bump them down the bottom . I was walking round all day so maybe I over did it but it was sur I was starting. I'm still not convinced I'm not if ya know what I mean . The tightening is still there.

Awh boo, mind yourselves everyone!

• Advertisement

Well bobskii how are u doing now??
    I'm in hospital today for my 39 week check up as next week they are loosing two days clinics so have a Saturday one on to help with the load.

I actually can't wait,I'm feeling much better no more vomiting etc but worried that bub isn't moving like her usual self, probably because she is thinking what the heck is going on mam but I'll be so glad to hear heart beat and get reassurance from midwives.

nor a bother on me now!!it was obviously the bod tell on me to cop on and sit down!!
    I was the same last nite with the movement,I went as far as drinking a can of coke(which I hate the taste of) that got babs moving so I was happy after that . It's very reassuring to hear the heartbeat though puts your mind at ease . do they scan you much in the mlu?

No they don't really. I had one at my booking and one at 34 weeks purely for placenta location. I seen baby then at private gender and a few weeks ago at the kidney one. So in general I have been very lucky,I could have just gotten one!!
    I couldn't stomach coke last night so I'll try it later on, will mention it anyways just to be sure
    I really cannot believe that it's happening so quickly tho!
    Is anyone else feel like the arrival of baby is taking away from the Christmas spirit a bit? Think I need to wrap a few presents with Xmas CD on with a hot chocolate and marshmallows later on!!

every visit i have I have a scan,my friend said it's general practise down there!I've noticed I don't care about Christmas this year cos I'm concentrating on baby more . but I've no santa anyway so Christmas is really a chore to me!!mind you I enjoyed strolling round the markets yesterday lookin at all the lovely knitted stuff and again thinking it would be so handy to know the gender :P today I'm gonna do in as little as possible . I have all the kids present wrapped and cards wrote so if baby comes now that's all done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I had a very uncomfortable nights sleep with my back aching and baby moving loads. We went Christmas shopping this morning and I kept getting sharp pains down below every couple of minutes. It's not as bad now I'm sitting down...more a stingy pressure pain. Is this what Braxton hicks are like or just the baby's head putting pressure on me?

I've a load of cleaning to do but I think I'm just going to have a lie down first!

I think that's the baby getting into position,well that's what I read in my book!so much for me so in nothing . I'm after cleaning like maniac . windows bathrooms even the washing machine got a scrubbing!!I'll b a wreck now for the evening!

Crib and Moses assembled with stands and dressed with sheets and blankets, I must have ideas that I'm going to have this bub soon lol!!

you hope ya mean!!

Yep I hope and wish!! Just back from hospital checked heartbeat and not at all concerned about lack of movement, to be expected less room and if I am still worried tomoz to call and they will put trace on.
    Baby got her eviction notice of January 12tg, they will be moving me to normal ward on 11th to begin induction if sweep doesn't work in two weeks time!! It's all begining feel real

oh Christ I'm gonna be the same Monday when I'm down!!I tend to get a bit overwhelmed when they start talking about evictions lol!do ya mind me asking if they did an internal on this checkup?

• Advertisement

Sweet Jesus no!! She would have got an awful shock at my patch work job downstairs if she had of lol!! Just a blood test as iron was .1 down after last one at 34 weeks. She asked about iron tablets and had to tell a little white lie I bloody forget them most days...eeekkk!! She's gonna text me results later
    I always feel stupid for getting panicky I've known for so long that a baby is coming but when someone else starts talking about it, it freaks me out!!

lmao honestly you'll put me in labour with statements like that!!
    that reminds me must take my iron,it's a pain try in to remember it cos I can't take it with the rest of my tablets cos it won't absorb!
    I know I'm the same I tend to get panicky when they start talking about coming in,or when I throw my bag in the boot if I'm going anywhere!silly really but it just makes you realise this baby us coming out sooner rather than later!you'd think we hadn't the last 38 weeks to realise that :D

This week sucks! Between UTI, regular appt and a fall I've been in the coombe three times?! Now my feet have decided that it's time to swell... A lot! They are so ugly and nothing has worked so far, I already drink a ton of water, had a epsom salt bath last night. I even elevated them for ages last night which is no mean achievement because lying on my back hurts like a MF in my hips.

Argh!!! A possible 6 weeks of this? Why wasn't I due in early January :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

:( I'm feeling about the same today. Haven't slept all night and having awful stabbing stretching pains in pelvis and at the top of my bump. Feeling a bit sorry for myself!

last few weeks are the toughest without a doubt girls.

Since my bug I feel great, wish I had more pains at least it might be a sign of something stirring!!
    Wrapped the last of my presents and have a Sunday dinner on.

Hope ye all have a chance to put your feet up and get some well deserved rest xx

my back is in bits apart from that alls good . I'm craving roast dinner today,just informed the oh he's cooking it .I'm on the couch all morning haven't stirred,it's still a novelty to have Sundays off!!

I would love my OHs face if i told him to cook a roast dinner rofl! Luckily we got fed in his parents today so no cooking needed.

Sorry about the rant this morning, I was fair cranky

cranky is allowed!!I'm permanently cranky here but it's cos I'm uncomfortable!
    I thought him how to cook a roast dinner years ago so I could have a break from cooking on Sundays!!he doesn't do it every Sunday but today it has been demanded lol!

• Advertisement

Feeling very ill again, could be the box of heroes I just ate!! Bluergh.

I'm cranky 99% of the time!! Just bored of being pregnant now!!

Advertisement