Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

same here . fed up of not being able to put on my own socks without a struggle!!I just seen a photo of me pregnant I'm flipping huge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I was examining myself in the mirror today. I am ginormous!
    can't wait to have a coat that actually zips up on me again.
    Can't wait to meet baby.
    Can't wait to be able pick something off the ground without sounding like a 90year old.
    Can't wait until I can walk more than 10 minutes without Getting tired!
    Can't wait to sit,stand ,lie comfortably
    Just fed up and January seems like ages away!

and to turn in bed at night without it being a mammoth task!!Roll on January!!

Ah the three point turn to get for one shoulder to the other. Can't wait to sleep on my tummy!

lol only to realise you were more comfortable on the other side anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hello- haven't been on in awhile. finally full term at 38.5 weeks!
    All going well babywise- although I'm feeling so massive now and everything seems an effort... the only time I feel motivated to do anything is in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.. and then not actually motivated to get out of bed unless its to go to the toilet..

I went over on my ankle (didn't fall thank god) and cracked my ankle bone on my way to one of the antenatal classes 5 weeks ago so i've been on crutches since.. Its still not healed but it has improved a lot thank god!! (They couldn't put me in a cast due to pregnancy/natural swelling so I had a big boot first and now a strapping).. I'm now able to limp around without a crutch inside the house where I am stuck almost all of the time but need crutches outdoors.. Have been pretty miserable to be honest (lots of tears in the first few weeks) but its improved to the point where I think I could care for a baby on my own indoors if it came now.. something I couldn't have done a few weeks ago... as I needed to use both crutches..
    Haven't been able to prepare frozen meals or anything as I had planned or shop- except for online- but it was a good way to forceably wind down work wise before my finish date on Friday... Ive only been able to work from home.. and even that was difficult while keeping my foot elevated!!

Cant wait for baby to arrive.. Due date 31 December .. although if it started tonight I'd probably spend christmas day in Holles st..

Christ! ! you poor thing bad enough being heavily pregnant without all that to contend with!

Snap on your due date Daisy!! Fingers (and legs) crossed none of us end up in for Xmas day!!

What a nasty thing to happen to you during pregnancy, I'm clumsy and awkward as it is,I'd say having crutches is doubly hard. Have they told you a plan for giving birth? Will you be able to manage

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Thanks for the sympathy!! Have gotten my head around it and have developed a good relationship with the delivery man from all the online shopping I've been doing!

Now that I can put some weight on it I am able to sit on my exercise ball (which is such a relief!) and also limp around.. So I'm still hoping to have a reasonably active labour.. A couple of weeks ago it seemed lying down was the only option.. And the midwife in Holles St was advising me that I should prepare for an epidural as it would be difficult to go without when I would have been so restricted (all the yoga moves I'd learned would have been impossible etc) .. Wish it would hurry up and heal though.. I am longing to go for a walk outside in the fresh air..

Feeling sore or stiff 'down there' and I'm assuming that this is the 'pressure' that people talk about.. uncomfortable in general though.. Eating all around me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Sounds like a rough time of it, mind yourself and hopefully it all goes well now!

Just woke up as usual to go to the bathroom. Cue uncontrollable cold and shivering. Bloody odd symptom, I rattled the crap out of myself and baby before 'warming up'. Even though I don't think I was actually very cold at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lilblankdress2

Sounds like a rough time of it, mind yourself and hopefully it all goes well now!

Just woke up as usual to go to the bathroom. Cue uncontrollable cold and shivering. Bloody odd symptom, I rattled the crap out of myself and baby before 'warming up'. Even though I don't think I was actually very cold at all!

Do you have a thermometer? If so check your temp as it sounds like you may have had a high temp. Shivering could have been rigors (shivering but because the body is too hot even though they feel cold, stops and you warm up as temp comes down) Just keep an eye on it I guess.

Temp is ok thanks! I think it was night sweats and the cold of the bathroom that did it tbh because I woke up twice after that drenched!

so seems they will let me go over after all!!all fine at check up back in two weeks if they don't see Me before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

When are you due, bobskii? Im up tomorrow to the Diabetic clinic so Im hoping they either give me a date to come in!!! Have been having back pain i waves every few hours all weekend, horrible crippling ones, i remember from last pregnancy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 1st! !its a pain in the a@@ ill b doing my best ta get started myself in the next week . They will bring me in Friday two weeks if there's no move before then!I'm crippled with back pain myself plus today I put in some day of discomfort . dunno if I'd stick two more weeks of it!

Oh God, the last few weeks are def the hardest, at least its christmas and we can take our minds off things for a while !!!! im diabetic so im hoping tjey bring me in, I think !!! My date is the 1st too(my dates though) 5th the scan dates!.roll on eh!

I'm going by my first scan date(at 7 weeks)cos it hasn't changed the whole way through . I was told they wouldn't let me go over cos we had if so my dates were exact . I wasn't happy earlier when she said it to me but nowt I can do so I may go with the flow I suppose!!

So had my scan and app today, baby is about 8 pounds do they are going to induce me on the 26th ! Exciting stuff ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

lashofeye wrote: »
    So had my scan and app today, baby is about 8 pounds do they are going to induce me on the 26th ! Exciting stuff ðŸ˜႒

Thats great news lashofeye, you must be so excited!!!! When was ur original due date?? Hope it goes well!

Jan 5th !!!!!!!! so a good few days early.Il be like a mad woman now tomorrow n the next day trying to get sorted !!!! Not looking forward to the induction but it has to happen !

• Advertisement

oh wow!!getting there good and early!!friend of mine had her baby yesterday wasn't due till mid january :O

Merry christmas everyone hope it's a good one :)

same to you lashofeye! its very quiet in here you'd better not all be off having babies before me!!

Nope still gestating nicely here :)

Happy Christmas everyone!

Nah no stirring here either! Just super busy lately.
    Does anyone know if your gp can give you a sweep? I'm in Monday for 40 week check up wouldn't mind to try to get going!

dunno lashes don't think I've heard of gp doing it . They won't give me a sweep will just bring me in to break my waters and if that doesn't work its section for me . I'm doing my utmost ta get this one dislodged in the next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

My iPad was broken so I haven't been on. Had contractions for three hours yesterday then stopped. Loads of mad pain and increase in discharge so who knows! Hope everyone is already relaxing and enjoying the celebrations.
    On the sweep thing if your cervix is not favourable you are much more likely to have a difficult labour or even end in an emergency section. Google bishop score. I know it's hard to wait but if you can.

she said . She will check me to see how I am Monday week hut I really hope I go in or around my due date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

How's everyone doing? Hope you all had a good Christmas. I had to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in hospital as I seemed to have injured a muscle in my back. It was really excruciating at the time but thankfully has calmed down enough to let me sleep now and I got out in time for some Christmas dinner. Taking it very easy for the next while to let it heal. I don't think it will help when the labour pains arrive.

I had a full check up before being admitted and I'm 1cm dilated already. (37 weeks) I know it could still be weeks but it's good to know things have progressed a little by themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. I'm in the due dec thread, my EDD is dec 29th, somehow have a feeling I'll be joining this thread lol

Advertisement