Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Baby girl born today :) had my waters broken @2.55 and dd was born @17.48 !!image of her big brother when he was born. She is amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

lashofeye wrote: »
    Baby girl born today :) had my waters broken @2.55 and dd was born @17.48 !!image of her big brother when he was born. She is amazing :)

Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful news. I hope all is well x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Congrats Lashofeye!! It's a day for girls!! Hope your doing well!! Any name picked?

I'm feeling so comfortable no movement at all I'm gonna crack up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

congrats lashofeye our girls share a birthday!of was reading my notes there my water were broken and 53 minutes later she was born :o

A girl in a rush to meet the world Bobskii lol. How are you getting on with feeding? How are you feeling? X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

lashofeye wrote: »

Congrats to you too lashofeye

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Lash of eye congratulations. Delighted for you and it was nice and quick too. Such an exciting day on our thread. Great to have two safe arrivals.

she sur was!no wonder they didn't believe me it seemed to me like forever and utilities wasn't even an hour!I remember saying to my oh what time is it and when he told me I couldn't believe it was so early!!
    feeding is going great she's a pro at her latch!!I am exhausted om awake nearly 24 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Try to get some sleep if you can. That's great that she is latching on. Such a lovely start for you Bobskii.

hopefully I'll get a few hours when she finishes feeding. I can't believe she's here already!hope ye all get to meet your precious gemstone soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Congratulations lashofeye on your new arrival. It's very exciting and a little bit daunting to have 2 births on here already! Eeek! :)

Cooked full Christmas dinner for the inlaws today with the OHs help. Then his dad and himself set up the cot and changing table while myself and MIL sorted all the baby clothes and set up the bouncer- I have a nursery! All that's left now is one wash of baby clothes and to put up the curtains. Just in time for 36 weeks tomorrow!

Had my 40 week check up today in doc. She advised me to walk up and down the stairs to get things moving!! Next time she will see me is for babies two weeks check up. Even that makes me so nervous!!
    How's everyone keeping? Plenty of painless Braxton hicks if that makes sense. Bump constantly hardening and a strange sensation but no baby and no pains come on girl!!

Had a few cramps during the night but nothing since. Thankfully the muscle in my back has much improved and I was able to have a bit of a walk today. 38 weeks appointment tomorrow.
    I am starting to get a little bit nervous now!

Oh you are so close!! Had my 36 week this morning and was shipped to the coombe by the doc for high blood pressure. It was up and down a bit in there but nothing outrageous so they did bloods and I'm back for 37 week next week including 4 BP checks in perinatal. That'll be a fun morning. Oh and ring assessment immediately if anything funny going on

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hi all, I'm just dropping in from the December thread! Am 40+4 and am wondering if this is going to be a January baby after all :o

Have there been any Jan arrivals yet? edit: just read about the new new girls, congrats ladies!!

I've a 2 year old girl who was breech, so all this 'head down' stuff is all new and very daunting. Have had some strong bh and cramping but nothing that is any way regular.

Anyway hope everyone is feeling good!!

Lol Mrswhippy I should be in December thread too!! Have they put in any plans seen as how your gone over??
    I'm due in Saturday for a sweep...never had one on my first so super nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi girls, just wondering if anyone knows anything bout nausea/vomiting at this stage? I am 37 weeks. Have had awful morning sickness for first 4mths then the nausea never really left but I was able to get on with it. Anyway, Fri morn woke up feeling awful, spent the day vomiting until 3am that night. Was thrown off all day Sat, severely nauseated but not getting sick. Yesterday I was much better even managed a dinner. Today I am back to square one again. I had thought it was a bug as there is a bad bug around but now I am beginning to wonder.

I am miserable. I had just gotten good news re the placenta previa last Monday and was looking forward to enjoying the rest of the pregnancy and now this. I have looked it up and some sites seem to suggest that it could mean labour is on the way. Any ideas???

Heartburn? I get awful vomiting and nausea if miss my dose of zantac and at this stage (36) I need gaviscon too. Also BP? I know they asked me today if I had been nauseous/vomiting with the higher blood pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi Mirrorwall, I havent had BP problems the whole way up along unless its something to do with that?? Yep my good ole friend heartburn is a prob but I managed it all along, once I wud eat small and regular it kept the nausea and heartburn at bay

• Advertisement

Hi Mirrorwall, I havent had BP problems the whole way up along unless its something to do with that?? Yep my good ole friend heartburn is a prob but I managed it all along, once I wud eat small and regular it kept the nausea and heartburn at bay

Well maybe slug some gaviscon next time it starts and see if it settles a bit. I reckon baby is jamming his feet into my stomach at this stage! It could be just an unfortunate lack of space. Say it to the docs if you are worried tho!

Nah my blood pressure was up this morning at the GP, nausea can be linked with it for hupper tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

bobskii wrote: »
    I'm now the proud mammy of a beautiful girl!!

Huge congratulations Bobskii, very impressive Hope all is well

Due date today!! Feels no different to all the other days!!

hello!!been missing in action for a few days!!bad coverage in here . We're still in the hospital . little miss decided to give mum a heart attack Sunday night she stopped breathing . she's fine now but was mucus in her tum that she couldn't vomit up . They think it was from fast delivery . were getting out tomorrow!

was hoping there would have been a few more babies since I was last on!come on babies!!

Oh Bobskii what a fright you must have gotten!! How are you feeling in yourself?? How's the feeding going?

I wish I had baby news but none :( walked around all day today and still nadda sweep on Saturday fingers crossed that gets everything going. Has anyone had a sweep before? Are they nasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Lashes28 wrote: »

I wish I had baby news but none :( walked around all day today and still nadda sweep on Saturday fingers crossed that gets everything going. Has anyone had a sweep before? Are they nasty?

I had one yesterday. They can be sore or uncomfortable think it depends on who does it and how ready you are for one. I've had quite a few as this is my 3rd baby and I've gone well over on all 3 - 14 days then 12 and currently 5 days over. Nothing changed. Had a bit of a show this morning but nothing major. I think if you are anywhere near ready it will work. You will be told how your cervix feels when it's finished.

Does it take long witchity? I will be 3 days over When I get it done ,went 10 days over on my first but never got a sweep.
    I thought it was just first babies that didn't want to meet the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Haha I wish!! Mine seem to take ages to be ready to meet the world.

No it only takes a few minutes. It's kinda like a smear so only probably a minute but feels more when there's someone prodding around in there ; )

Funny after saying nothing happened I have just lost my mucus plug in the last couple of mins so I'm taking that as a positive step and hopefully things will start happening within a couple of days or earlier. Fingers crossed.

I think it's a good idea getting one cause at least you know the situation with your cervix.

Hope all is well now bobskii. Can't believe it's almost January. Nothing happening here. I've been cleaning and walking but all that's going in is my tummy getting bigger by the day! :)

Happy new year to you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Happy new year all!! My little lady is 4 days old today :) can't believe it's all over
    Hope all goes well for the rest of ye waiting !

Advertisement