Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

lashofeye wrote: »
    Happy new year all!! My little lady is 4 days old today :) can't believe it's all over
    Hope all goes well for the rest of ye waiting !

Ah! What a little pudding! Congrats lashofeye!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Ah she's gorgeous lashofeye. Congrats. Hope you're both doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

So jealous of you lashofeye she's a little beauty!!

Thanks for the info Witchity. Hopefully my cervix behaves mind you I have had very little braxton hicks or any discomfort at all. Come onbabies we are all too excited to meet ye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Gorgeous lashofeye! Congrats!

I'm due today but no sign so I'll give into reality and join ye Jan ladies!

Been having some cramps and niggles so hopefully things will kick off soon!

Me too thumpette due today but I had a strong feeling I'd end up over.

At least our babies have given us a week to recover from Xmas to afford their birthday parties when they are older lol. Ah who am I kidding would love to have it over and done with right now!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Happy new year all, lash of eye she is a little beauty. You must be chuffed to be with your baby on New Years. Delighted all is ok Bobskii.
    As for the rest of us it's just the waiting game now. Bring it on 2015!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Me too thumpette due today but I had a strong feeling I'd end up over.

At least our babies have given us a week to recover from Xmas to afford their birthday parties when they are older lol. Ah who am I kidding would love to have it over and done with right now!!!!!!

Better for them joining sports teams when they are older I've been told repeatedly! In fairness a NYE bday would be nicer to have than an early Jan but it'll be character building! :)

What hospital are you for? I'm Holles st! Might see ya there at some stage in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

defiantly worst few seconds of my life .felt like forever . feeding is going good altho my books are so sore at the minute!nearly threw in the towel a few times but they are very encouraging . plus I've learned how to get rid of a male doctor u don't like,flash the boob!

Ha ha Thumpette I keep getting told that January is great for sports teams too. Fair play to you Bobskii. Thank God your baby is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mind yourself and the new baby bobskii!

Welcome to the December bumpers!

Happy New Year everyone!!! Here's to a wonderful new year with the new babies

• Advertisement

I'm in Drogheda Thumpette so probably won't be bumping into you lol!!

Witchity how you feeling now? Any pains throughout the night??

Have a newborn photo session booked for Tuesday might have to cancel them!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I'm in Drogheda Thumpette so probably won't be bumping into you lol!!

Witchity how you feeling now? Any pains throughout the night??

Have a newborn photo session booked for Tuesday might have to cancel them!

I'm feeling annoyingly fine. Not a thing happening. Bit of pressure but no pains. Had plenty during the night though but once morning came everything went : (

I'd not be too quick to cancel your photos. You never know you could start any minute. How are you feeling?

I'm gonna leave the cancellation until Monday and reschedule for later in the week if I still haven't had her. I'm in the mlu so hopefully will be out after a few hours but if I get moved to the regular ward I'll be stuck in!! My mam said she would bring the two of them up if I'm not able. But I would love to see it.

Feeling also annoyingly comfortable. And the Facebook snapchats whatsapps of how are ya? Any movement? Is beginning to annoy me. Might not let anyone know I'm going in if they keep at me lol.

that's exactly what I did . told nobody until an hour after she was born!stops all that questioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My mother in law has "instructed" my husband to tell him as soon as we're heading to the hospital. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point? Just so she can sit around worrying for the whole time? My preference is to just tell people when baby arrives, unless I'm in hospital for days or something

yep I'm with you angeldelight!!what is the point in having people sitting worrying about what's happening .nobody actually believed I had had the baby,I can be a bit of a messer by times :P

Lol I've warned my parents not to tell a soul. They will b watching my son when I go in. But i doubt that will happen
    Awful ache in my back tonight but it feels more like fluey if I have caught the man flu off the boys who have it for the last few days I'll cry. Giving birth is hard enough with a flu!!

Did you get out today Bobskii??

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hi All. So our gorgeous baby daughter Holly arrived 3 days overdue. She was born at 22.54pm tonight weighing 6 lbs 12, we are so in love :-) oh and same bday as the hubby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations er1983!!

congratulations er1983!
    yep lashes I got home today . best feeling ever!

• Advertisement

Congrats er1983!

Congratulations er1983 !!

Congrats er1983! Hope you're both doing great!

Another night of contractions that stopped at about 5 am. Getting frustrated now but from past experience this just seems to be how it goes for me. Just need the waters to go and I know it'll be all go. 7 days over today.

Witchity it's the same for me. Contractions for hours then nothing. I am very tired from it.

fall wrote: »
    Witchity it's the same for me. Contractions for hours then nothing. I am very tired from it.

I was exhausted when I got up this morning. Had breakfast staped up about an hour and went back to lie on my bed. Ended up napping. Feel like a different person now. Full of energy. Sitting in a beauticians waiting to get my eyebrows done. Might even see if I can get my hair blow dried!!

Hopefully we won't have much longer to wait. How much are you over by now?

It's my due date today. You are dead right getting out and doing nice things. I was the same on my first slowly labouring for days. When my waters broke it took three days for my son to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congrats er1983!

Frustrated here. Coombe on Monday and Thursday for high BP. Get there both times, BP comes down and bloods are fine but they're taking measurements when I've been sitting in a chair for hours (at perinatal) or lying in a bed on a trace (for 1hr45 last night). GP on Monday to check again and coombe again on Wednesday for clinic. I have a monitor at home and it just nicely hovers on the edge around 140/90 obviously because I actually have stuff to do at home and gives me a headache. Grr

Had my first contraction like pains this morning. Only a couple and then they stopped.... I was getting excited for a bit. Say I'll be here another while yet.

• Advertisement

Oh no Mirrorwall are your head aches bad??

I actually had a contraction at 8.10 and 8.18 and then nothing!!

When's your due date Hazelbee??

Sweep at 12 tomoz very nervous!!

Advertisement