Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I'm due the 13th so a little while to go yet. They were just the first of those kind if pains I've had. I was being optimistic!

Good luck with it lashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

They were my first proper ones too!! Thanks I'll let ye know how I get on. Eeeek!!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    They were my first proper ones too!! Thanks I'll let ye know how I get on. Eeeek!!!

Please do! Hope it goes ok. It's all getting more real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm like a hatching hen watching the thread for news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Good luck lashes! You might even go tonight and not need one!

• Advertisement

I love your optimism Thumpette! Was awoken last night with a few painful contractions but fell back asleep after them so they obviously weren't too bad. This is good though I haven't had anything like this so hopefully the sweep will kick start everything!!

How are you keeping Bobskii? Hope all is well with you and bub.has your hubby had time off work? My oh had last week off. Is working today and tomoz and has next week off. What's the bets she won't make an appearance until after that lol
    And my brother is going home on the 6th there's so much pressure for the arrival to happen now!!!

Oh I'm up and they are back...fingers crossed this is the beginning!!

mine started that way lashes!!I sat and did nothing the 26th cos I was out of sorts and that's when mine kicked off hopefully you'll b the same!

oh is back Monday,he's dreading it now because he's smitten with this wee doll . she's been asleep on his chest since after 8 to let me enjoy sleep!!

Just had a hot shower and it helped. But there's Defo a rumbling happening!!.

How cute Bobskii. Bet it feels like she has always been here.. Do you mind me asking how is your stitches?? Lol I remember after my first them being worse than anything else

try relaxing for the day it definitely helped me cos I'm always on the go get it hard to sit down!

speak in of hard to sit down . stitches :D
    Yeh they were sore for a few days . one In particular that the doc told me was gonna hurt cos it was high up and near where I pee(sorry tmi).its easing up now tho and it's only a week later do on the grand scheme of things it could b worse!
    bring in a squeezy bottle of water to the loo when ya do have to go,spray it as u go or afterwards it's heat relief,that's providing you do have stitches you might not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

How's feeding going Bobskii? Can't wait to be where you are now.

it's going good . Was tough at the start esp with herself on special care and me trying to express when my milk hadn't come in but once my milk came in it was a lot easier . I've got great support soon it and you really need that.
    No sign of movement yet??

Ok so home and had mixed messages at my sweep
    Sweep itself was harmless. Not uncomfortable at all. Said my mucous plug was coming away,2cm dilated but cervix still thick. The dilatation could be because I've had a child previously. No cramping since. She's scared labour away lol

Anyways booked in on Friday for induction if this doesn't work. I'll also be out of MLU so hopefully things get moving before that

I remember the pee sting so well Bobskii. It's awful. I think I had a blow up ring for sitting down too!! I cannot wait to get it tho.

lol!its only a week later and mine has eased a good bit so I can see your point of lookin forward to it!
    hopefully that will get baby moving in the right direction . waiting around is a pain and doesn't help when you've everyone annoying your head with the 'any move on ya' texts and phone calls!!

Ok so home and had mixed messages at my sweep
    Sweep itself was harmless. Not uncomfortable at all. Said my mucous plug was coming away,2cm dilated but cervix still thick. The dilatation could be because I've had a child previously. No cramping since. She's scared labour away lol

Anyways booked in on Friday for induction if this doesn't work. I'll also be out of MLU so hopefully things get moving before that

I remember the pee sting so well Bobskii. It's awful. I think I had a blow up ring for sitting down too!! I cannot wait to get it tho.

Hopefully that gets things started for you now! Have they given an indication of whether they think you will go on your own or is induction likely?

I'm feeling loads of pressure today- still nothing that strikes me as contractions tho! Got the house well cleaned this morning so getting really impatient now!

No the only person that decides that is baby lol. General feeling of uncomfortable so fingers crossed this is the beginning.

Well Bobskii I would love to be at your stage. Everything over and done with and all safe and well. Not that I'm looking forward to the stitches lol

Have they given you an eviction date Thumpette?

no mot something to look forward to but to be endured!!The things we do!!
    Hopefully baby has had enough of your comfy womb and is rustling up the energy for a move!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Baby boy born this afternoon at 2.30 8 lbs 7 41 +1 weeks

Congrats!! How was labour? Hope your doing well xx

Congrats witchity! Hope you're doing well.

• Advertisement

great news,congratulations!

I am having so much pain and the I have been losing my plug for days but this baby isn't budging. Congrats Witchity.

Thanks everyone. Just happy it's all over now and he's here safe and sound.
    Congrats!! How was labour? Hope your doing well xx

It was pretty tough going. He was born face up (back to back) just like my other 2 but his hand was by his face so it was a challenge getting him out 😊 bit we're tucked up in our own bed all snuggled up and he's feeding away goodo!

No the only person that decides that is baby lol. General feeling of uncomfortable so fingers crossed this is the beginning.

Well Bobskii I would love to be at your stage. Everything over and done with and all safe and well. Not that I'm looking forward to the stitches lol

Have they given you an eviction date Thumpette?

Congrats witchidy!

I'm in next on Tuesday so I'd say they will give me a sweep then. They told me they'd do a sweep at 39+6 last Tues but they seemed to forget and I was too scared of it to remind them! I think if that doesn't work they generally leave you the full 14 days over before they do anything else. Wish I'd at least get a bit of show or something to feel like something is happening!

fall wrote: »
    I am having so much pain and the I have been losing my plug for days but this baby isn't budging. Congrats Witchity.

Oh no and here was I thinking I'm so uncomfortable and my plug has started to come tinged with blood!

That sounds like hard hard work witchity. Did they have an idea that he would be back to back?? Hope you are doing ok xx

Oh no and here was I thinking I'm so uncomfortable and my plug has started to come tinged with blood!

That sounds like hard hard work witchity. Did they have an idea that he would be back to back?? Hope you are doing ok xx

Bit sore and tender but feeling great. Yeah the back to back was no suprise. Just makes things go a bit slower than normal. Midwives were super.

Hopefully things will get moving for yous soon enough. I lost my plug 3 days ago. This time yday I was p*ssed off rightly and had no idea I'd be here today.

Totally agree when they're ready they'll let you know. I was up and down my stairs yday like crazy. Taking 2 3 even 4 steps a time (holding onto bannister) up and down. That's where I spent most of my labour too.

6 minutes apart lasting one minute.

Think I'll have a baby today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yay, good luck!!

Woo hoo lashes. Thinking of you :)

• Advertisement

Brilliant news Lashes! Hope it all goes well- will be waiting hard on news!

Advertisement