Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Lots of us up early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Best of luck Lashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Hopefully this is it for you Lashes. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh good luck!!

Who else is left now?

• Advertisement

Me. Maybe we should do a roll call?

Me too. Coming up on 39 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Congrats witchidy! Best of luck lashes! 38 weeks for me. Anyone i know who was due same time as me have been in and are home with baby plus a friend due after me is coming home today, would love to get moving.

Had SERIOUS energy thurs -sat. Stayed up till 5am fri nite cleaning things ironing you name it i did it. Spent the day yday walking so thought something might happen. Still here! Exciting and impatient times eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hopefully that energy is a sign cozy cottager! I'm still sitting tight- 4 days past due now- so impatient! I wish I'd at least get a show or something so I know something is happening! Hopefully not too long now

I'm getting so impatient as well. I'm willing every niggle to be the start of something. I'm in great form every morning and then hormonal and cranky by the evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hey girls

Just home in my own bed with my little doll in her crib beside me can't believe it.
    Had bad contractions and went into hospital at 11.15. Was 6cm dilated but had the urge to push, up on all fours and her head was delivered!!! Ended up being born at 12.03 at 7 lb 15. No stitches and the most easiest thing I have done to produce the most perfect result.

They told me I could go at 6 Nd I jumped at the chance. I'm off now for some rest feeling like the luckiest most content woman in the world.

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Hey girls

Just home in my own bed with my little doll in her crib beside me can't believe it.
    Had bad contractions and went into hospital at 11.15. Was 6cm dilated but had the urge to push, up on all fours and her head was delivered!!! Ended up being born at 12.03 at 7 lb 15. No stitches and the most easiest thing I have done to produce the most perfect result.

They told me I could go at 6 Nd I jumped at the chance. I'm off now for some rest feeling like the luckiest most content woman in the world.

Amazing news! Been checking in all day to see if you had an update! Fantastic to hear such a positive story too! Enjoy the well deserved rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm just delighted for ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Hey girls

Congrats Lashes28!! Delighted for you. Sounds like everything went so well for you. Enjoy your first night home with your new little one.

That's fantastic news Lashes! I've been checking all day as well. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Well done lashes and congrats,

4 more sleeps to my section date, if I ever get to sleep that is !!!!!

Lashes delighted for you and home already! Brilliant news.

Another night done without so much as a new twinge! Boo

Should be getting a sweep tomorrow morning and then very hopeful after Lashes success!

I had two proper painful contractions last night. Not even a twinge since! Oh well. Think I'll head off out for a walk and get out if the house anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

37 weeks finally! After bleeds/asthma/blood pressure (which has stabilised without meds) I can finally relax and happily go into labour.

Only thing remaining to bother me is I'm fairly sure he's still breech. Still getting the crap kicked out of me down low and heartbeat on the Doppler today at my GP BP check was way up above my belly button. Guess I'll find out at clinic on Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Congrats Lashes, hope you're getting to know one another nicely.

Mirrorwall, hope baby turns for you soon. I was breech until 35 wks, bub seems to have turned now, 37 wks fri. It's a lot less painful with a soft bum next to my lungs than a head!

Q for you ladies... Did anyone do a baby 1st aid course? I think mothercare do them but I can't find it on their site. Any other courses around? Would love to do one before D-day if poss.

Hope everyone's getting on well with the new arrivals!

Id love to do a first aid course too, I didnt even realise they were possible until just recently.

Anyone a mum already, is there anything I should be adding to our medicine press for the baby?

That's great Mirrorwall, it's a real milestone. From what I remember there is very little medicine newborns can take.
    40 weeks plus 4 here. Loads of contraction but they never go anywhere. Lost most of my plug so it's against all odds that babs is still in there. Ah well it will arrive when it's ready.

Had a few really strong cramps last night which stopped me in my tracks and then nothing, are they contractions I wonder ?
    Its exciting times ladies , fingers crossed we all go safely and quickly lol

Ah that's tough fall, the waiting is tough Id say! Millie that sounds like progress albeit they didn't continue!

Am all prepared for the section Thursday morning so will loose my life if I go into labour although really it's prob better recovery. Come on babies all the January mammies are waiting , what's your edd mirror wall ?

48hrs? You must be so excited!!

EDD 27th January here so I've still a ways to go. Hoping baby flips head down though because if he hasn't it'll be a section at 39 weeks. I'm not sure about a manual turn yet, waiting to see what they say on Wed if he hasn't moved. The odds aren't great on it working particularly for a first time mum and the idea that you could end up in labour/emergency C scares the crap out of me. If Im going to need a section that's fine but Id prefer it not to be an emergency!

48hrs? You must be so excited!!

EDD 27th January here so I've still a ways to go. Hoping baby flips head down though because if he hasn't it'll be a section at 39 weeks. I'm not sure about a manual turn yet, waiting to see what they say on Wed if he hasn't moved. The odds aren't great on it working particularly for a first time mum and the idea that you could end up in labour/emergency C scares the crap out of me. If Im going to need a section that's fine but Id prefer it not to be an emergency!

I know, a section is all well and good once you haven't had hours of labouring and then face major surgery. I've been told section since day one as its twins and my consultant feels it's safest mode of delivery, am out of my depth here so who am I to argue? Baby could still turn, twin 2 was transverse at 30 weeks and I was assured he couldn't turn, lo and behold 2 weeks later and both were head down.

millie14 wrote: »
    I know, a section is all well and good once you haven't had hours of labouring and then face major surgery. I've been told section since day one as its twins and my consultant feels it's safest mode of delivery, am out of my depth here so who am I to argue? Baby could still turn, twin 2 was transverse at 30 weeks and I was assured he couldn't turn, lo and behold 2 weeks later and both were head down.

Ya section seems to be standard practise for twins alright! Abroad too from what I've read.
    He flipped briefly at week 34, had a growth scan on the Wednesday and he was head down, scan on Thursday after a fall and he was back breach. Doesn't seem to have obviously turned since then. Troll baby!

• Advertisement

Ya section seems to be standard practise for twins alright! Abroad too from what I've read.
    He flipped briefly at week 34, had a growth scan on Wednesday and he was head down, scan on Thursday after a fall and he was back breach. Doesn't seem to have obviously turned since then. Troll baby!

Hopefully he will turn again and stay there !!!

Advertisement