Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Just back from hospital check up- 40+6 today!

Thought they would offer a sweep but they didn't. Asked me to come back in 6 days for review and they will either induce then or 2 days later.

Said the baby is head down sideways with his back angled towards my back- I've been feeling most of my pain in my back do not surprised. They also said he's still small- around 2.8 kg (6ib) even tho last week they said 7!

Anyway hopefully I'll go soon myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

We might have lift off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh best of luck fall! God 40+12 still seems so far away to me!

fall wrote: »
    We might have lift off

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

best of luck Fall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Good luck fall,
    Couldn't imagine going over 40 weeks fair play thumpette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Best of luck fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Best of luck fall I hope it's the real thing!!

Have been so busy the last few days it's getting a bit much with visitors etc.

Baby is just amazing I'm so in love with her. Love learning about her and her little traits.

Just wondering with new mums have you had clots in lochia? Or swollen ankles??

Ps thumpette at my 34 week scan they said she was measuring big. But she ended up being 7lb 15. My first was 8 lb 5 so that was simples!! I think its all guess work.

I've only had my two best friends visit so far and my brothers . had the phn twice and I'm only home since Thursday :O

I've had minimal bleeding,no clots or anything but I have heard that it's normal to have some clots.

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Best of luck fall I hope it's the real thing!!

Have been so busy the last few days it's getting a bit much with visitors etc.

Baby is just amazing I'm so in love with her. Love learning about her and her little traits.

Just wondering with new mums have you had clots in lochia? Or swollen ankles??

I saw something on a pregnancy guide that the clots should only be worried about if they are bigger than a lemon! I nearly fainted!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi all how is everyone doing ?? Agree with Op it's tough having so many visitors when all you want to do is sleep and stay in pjs all day!!!!!

My labour story for ye : was brought in the 26th Dec for induction . Was given gel at about 9pm which started heavy period like cramps and back ache. Was enough to keep me awake most of the night, bouncing on the ball etc!!!!
    Doc did a check in the morning and I wad 2cm dialated so I was suitable for waters being broken ...eeek I got so nervous and excited . Called fiancé to come on up and I was brought to labour ward at 2.30 pm.
    Waters were broken at 2.55 which made the contraction come fast and heavy, was 19cm dialated at 4.55, got epidural ,pure heaven , and started pushing soon after. Babybgirl delivered at 5.48 pm :)
    Can't thank the labour ward staff enough theybwere AMAZING ,the care and attention from them was second to none.
    Had 2 small clots, and swollen feet fir a good few dats. Left foot took longer to go down !!!!!
    Large clots could be left in placenta !! So keep an eye on them

Thanks for the info lashes!

Does anyone know what the story is with strep b? I'm public in the coombe. From everything I read up to tonight it's a standard test in case you need antibiotics, it was only this evening I realised it doesn't appear to be standard in Ireland/UK?

Baby girl at 12.21. Weighing g 7lbs 11. Heart is bursting with love.

Aw! Big congrats fall! Lots of girls for January!

Baby girl at 12.21. Weighing g 7lbs 11. Heart is bursting with love.

Congrats fall! Hope ye are both in flying form!

Another frustratingly uneventful night here! :(

Congrats fall!! Hope you and baby are doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Mega congrats :)

congrats fall!how are u feeling,any name yet?

I'm head down! Though I'm pretty sure that only happened in the bath last night but so long as he stays there Im happy :)

First BP reading was too high so put in a bed on a trace but the next three were fine so all ok. Hospital appts only from now on due to BP monitoring.

Can't believe I'm 37 weeks :) max of 5 to go! Hopefully I won't end up a February bumper :)

• Advertisement

hopefully babs will stay head down,mine did once she did turn!you don't have long left but I found the last few weeks the toughest,although you've had it tough during your pregnancy . The end is in sight tho and the best is yet to come :D

best of luck for tomorrow millie ill b thinking of you!let us know how you get on when your feeling up to it . I met a girl in the hospital who had had a section the night before and she was in flying from hope you'll be the same!

Home with my little girl. My son is doting on her taking pictures on his tablet. Thinks her baby farts are gas. Good luck to those who are waiting. It's the best feeling in my the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Congrats fall!!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Just back from hospital check up- 40+6 today!

Thought they would offer a sweep but they didn't. Asked me to come back in 6 days for review and they will either induce then or 2 days later.

Said the baby is head down sideways with his back angled towards my back- I've been feeling most of my pain in my back do not surprised. They also said he's still small- around 2.8 kg (6ib) even tho last week they said 7!

Anyway hopefully I'll go soon myself!!

Suprised they didn't do a sweep for you. Sometimes you just have to ask them but considering you were 6 days over its funny. Did they do any kind of internal?

All 3 of mine were born in that position. It makes labour a lother longer as baby doesn't make your cervix dilate as quickly. All I can say after having 2 home births with this is squat squat squat. It will get that baby down when contractions do start. I sat on the toilet a lot too facing the back with a pillow on the cistern. Really good position.

Most back to backs will turn before delivery but the above will help if yours doesn't.

Hopefully things get going soon...

Home with my little girl. My son is doting on her taking pictures on his tablet. Thinks her baby farts are gas. Good luck to those who are waiting. It's the best feeling in my the world.

That's great fall. Can't wait to get going now!

Thanks witchidy, I asked the midwife when I was checking in if they would do a sweep. She didn't seem to think they would because she said on a first baby it can be more uncomfortable on your first baby than is worth it in terms of success rates.

Then the doctor herself didn't mention it at all or do any kind of exam. Just checked the baby on the scan and blood pressure and sent me off. I got the feeling of being very rushed to be honest so not sure if it was just a time thing. I probably should have pushed but I was terrified to have it done so saw it as a bit of a relief it wasn't mentioned!

Thumpette have you ever had a smear test? It's more invasive than a sweep !!

Tough day today found a rash on baby and brought her to gp who sent me to a and e who said every thing was grand but of course I got super emotional. All this mixed with feeling really sorry for my son and the whole upheaval it's caused for him (completely irrational I know) I'm just wrecked from crying!!
    Added with great granny and great grandad staying for agggggeessss I'm looking forward to a new day tomoz.

Congrats fall it's Defo a girl month!! Here comes the girls eh??

your allowed them days . I had a meltdown in front of one if the nurses one day and age told me it's good ta cry!lots going on and crazy hormones don't help!

Was a&e mental with all the queues too lashes? Not a place you'd wanna be with a tiny baby if imagine- no wonder you were emotional!

Yeah I've had loads of smear tests. I find them very sore cos they've always had a fair bit of poking around to do- but if that's all it is I can deffo deal with that.

I would have gotten it no hesitation if they offered but when they didn't I really should have pushed it.

I might end up in before Monday if there's any drop in the movement so if I do I'll ask about the sweep.

Having more pain this evening so having a good bounce on the ball- all fingers and toes crossed it might be tonight!

I'd break the run of girls tho! :)

• Advertisement

Thumpette wrote: »
    Was a&e mental with all the queues too lashes? Not a place you'd wanna be with a tiny baby if imagine- no wonder you were emotional!

Yeah I've had loads of smear tests. I find them very sore cos they've always had a fair bit of poking around to do- but if that's all it is I can deffo deal with that.

I would have gotten it no hesitation if they offered but when they didn't I really should have pushed it.

I might end up in before Monday if there's any drop in the movement so if I do I'll ask about the sweep.

Having more pain this evening so having a good bounce on the ball- all fingers and toes crossed it might be tonight!

I'd break the run of girls tho! :)
    fingers crossed something will come of the pains for you tonight.

Advertisement