Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Thanks bobski !!!!best of luck to everyone, fingers and toes crossed all goes well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thought I might have had lift off last night! Was the sorest I've been ( though still felt like period cramps rather than what I'm imaging contractions will be like)

Also think I had a bit of a show- though there was no blood so I'm not sure.

Woke up at 3 very sore again but then went back to bed and not a bother on me since! Bah!

Hope all the new babies and mammies are doing great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

A and e was packed with vomiting and flus it was a nightmare then had the rudest baby doc ever. Midwives call me each day and they recommended a letter of.complaint to go in. But I'm not sure that will do much use.

Heel prick today and I'm dreading it. We have had a rough two nights with her and winding so looking forward to the midwife coming to have a chat.

Boobs are super painful I haven't tried breastfeeding. Rock hard and leaking

Hopefully this is it thumpette!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Fingers crossed Thumpette. Lashes that sounds like a nightmare. It's great knowing the nurses are calling for a bit of support. My girl is feeding like mad but my proper milk won't be in for another day. It usually settles down after that. If I could bottle how happy I am I would. I still can't believe she is here :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Doctor said this morning that he doesn't think he'll see me in two weeks at my 39 week app today. Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

HazelBee wrote: »
    Doctor said this morning that he doesn't think he'll see me in two weeks at my 39 week app today. Here's hoping!

Wow, lucky you. Are you 37 wks too Hazelbee? Do you mind me asking... How was doc able to come to this conclusion? Did he/she do internal? I had my 37wk apt today in HS & it lasted all of 5 mins, felt like he cldnt wait to get me out the door!

I'm 39 weeks. He seemed to think so from the baby's position. Who knows though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

HazelBee wrote: »
    I'm 39 weeks. He seemed to think so from the baby's position. Who knows though!

It seems to be so hard to tell. Babybumps seems to always have people told they'll go early and then don't or vice versa no signs and Bam!

Anyone else on omeprezole for heartburn? I have slept for literally 15hrs since yesterday after the coombe. That's like three days sleep for me?! I don't know if it's the medication knocking me out or that the heartburn which was fecking up my sleep really badly but I just woke up from another two HR nap and I could still sleep more?!!!

Wow, lucky you. Are you 37 wks too Hazelbee? Do you mind me asking... How was doc able to come to this conclusion? Did he/she do internal? I had my 37wk apt today in HS & it lasted all of 5 mins, felt like he cldnt wait to get me out the door!

Oh my appt with the coombe (37 weeks too) was very short-5/6 mins too. No internal, quick scan to check position as he had been breach and I asked for Heartburn medication. She did schedule me for a proper scan next week for follow up on issues with growth last week but that was it

Is anyone else bottle feeding their newborns??

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Is anyone else bottle feeding their newborns??

I will be because I have to go back on my asthma meds and they aren't advised for breastfeeding

I had an internal a couple of weeks ago after an unplanned visit to hospital with pulled muscle and was 1cm dilated at that stage but not sure what the story is now. I'm back at the hospital next week though. Baby is squirming around like a mad thing tonight!

I'm going to try breast feeding. Will see how the first few weeks go.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Babies arrived safe and sound and mmu survived, breastfeeding well so far
    And I just had the most amazing tea and toast !!' Yay yay yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

awww congrats!!was thinking of you all day!The tea and toast is the best after you have the baby!!what did you have?

Congrats Millie!

millie14 wrote: »
    Babies arrived safe and sound and mmu survived, breastfeeding well so far
    And I just had the most amazing tea and toast !!' Yay yay yay

Congrats!!!

Congrats Millie! 🎉🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Well done Millie, delighted all went great. Middle of the night feed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lumina_23

Hi all and congrats to all! I am due my baby next week! I was wondering does anyone know at what week they start doing internals/a sweep? I would rather know prior to going to my next appointment so that I can get myself 'prepared' lol! Getting nervous about the labour now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lumina_23

Hi all and congrats to all! I am due my first baby next week! I was wondering does anyone know at what week they start doing internals/a sweep? I would rather know prior to going to my next appointment so that I can get myself 'prepared' lol! Getting nervous about the labour now!

• Advertisement

Lumina_23 wrote: »
    Hi all and congrats to all! I am due my first baby next week! I was wondering does anyone know at what week they start doing internals/a sweep? I would rather know prior to going to my next appointment so that I can get myself 'prepared' lol! Getting nervous about the labour now!

Hi Lumia,

I'm sure everyone's experience is different but I'm 41+2 now and am yet to be offered an internal or sweep. Had a hospital appointment at 38 weeks, doctors at 39, hospital at 40 and 41 all without any 'pants down' activity. This is Holles st. I think unless there's a medical indication they let you try to go naturally until you get to 42 or very near it!

Serious insomnia tonight! Dunno if it's the crazy wind or what but I haven't slept a wink yet. Choosing to believe it might be a sign of things about to start! Here's hoping!

if I had got to week 41 they said they were gonna check me,I got that warning at my 38 week appointment!!
    middle of the night feed here too :D

bobskii wrote: »
    if I had got to week 41 they said they were gonna check me,I got that warning at my 38 week appointment!!
    middle of the night feed here too :D

Congrats Bobskii, mirrorwall & Millie14! I was offline a few days:.. Great to see a few more jan arrivals!

Re bottle feeding- I'm going to try breast feeding, bought a few bottles just in case tho.

thanks veggie newbie!I bought bottles too . I intend breastfeeding for 6 weeks and then introducing a bottle feed in the evenings for the oh to do!

Congrats Bobskii, mirrorwall & Millie14! I was offline a few days:.. Great to see a few more jan arrivals!

Re bottle feeding- I'm going to try breast feeding, bought a few bottles just in case tho.

Oh I'm not there yet :) 37 weeks here, just delighted to be at term

Congrats Millie glad to hear your doing well.

Last night was our first good night. Last feed before bed at 11. Then she slept until 4.30 so she's due now at 8.30. She was having issues with wind so I'm trying her with gaviscon in her bottle so it could be that helping. Not sure if I was giving her too much milk too. I feel like such a newbie to this she's not like my son at all

Has any one baby not had jaundice? Midwife was impressed that she hasn't and cord has come off already.

Sounds like good sleeping already lashes!

Didn't realise the chord stump came off so quickly! Hope that happens to me. It is one thing that grosses me out!

Hope the wind improves soon with the little lady!

no jaundice here either . I thought she was a bit but the nurse said no she has a great colour.2 week check up today and she's above her birth weight so I must b doing something right!

bobskii wrote: »
    no jaundice here either . I thought she was a bit but the nurse said no she has a great colour.2 week check up today and she's above her birth weight so I must b doing something right!

Sounds v positive! Well done u.

This wind is nuts!! Howling like a madman outside, #needsleep

• Advertisement

OMG what is with the hunger?! I've literally woken up four times since an early bedtime (9) last night and needed to eat I'm so hungry?! This is the fourth time. I'm like go back to sleep I can't possibly be hungry, I ate breakfast at 5?!

Advertisement