Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Ha! I know what you mean Mirrorwall! Most nights this wk I needed to top up with mid-night-feasts! Think we're going through growth spurts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Ha! I know what you mean Mirrorwall! Most nights this wk I needed to top up with mid-night-feasts! Think we're going through growth spurts?

This has been hAppening me as well. I just have to get up and eat or there is no chance of sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hope everyone is doing well. My milk came in last night and my little girl is feeding for hours on end. She has some appetite. How are people getting on in terms of sleeping and feeding?
    It's so weird not being pregnant anymore. Good luck to everyone still waiting x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

for
    getting on great here . She slept From 12 till 5.30 this morning . I definitely wasn't getting that many unbroken hours when I was pregnant so it's a welcome change . us so much easier when you milk comes in and you know they are getting plenty.

Glad to hear ye are getting on well. I'm excited for the next stage to start now and the waiting to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Congrats Millie! Well done to all the new Mums, ye sound like yer doing great!!

Im 39 weeks and as grumpy as a cat!! I had myself convinced baby would come early yet praying with all the bleeds it wouldnt! I am a real impatient person by nature anyway I guess!

Someone was asking about a sweep a few pages back. I am due this day week, had hospital apt last Monday and they made an apt for me for Monday week, as in 2 days after my due date, for a sweep if I havent gone myself. A friend of mine was due Thurs just gone and they had her brought in for a sweep on that day! So I would imagine it all depends on the hosp.

With regards to feeding, I had intended on breast feeding, or trying it at least, but my mind has started to sway a little towards bottle feeding. My partner is self employed and (thankfully) is crazy busy and will be working day and night come 2 weeks time so I will be pretty much home alone and I am not that confident that I would be comfortable breast feeding in public and I will want to be out and about a little so as not to get cabin fever at home alone 24/7. Has anyone ever breast fed just for a week-ish and then changed?

Cosycottager you can feed for a day if you want and the first three days it's not even milk just colostrum which has all the good bits from the mammy. Totally do what suits you. I really take the breastfeeding day by day and I firmly believe a happy mammy is a happy baby.
    That's a great stretch Bobskii to get 12 to 5.30. I fed pretty much non stop for four hours this morning but it was only my supply establishing itself. She is in great form since. Night feeds are all over the place still but my husband has been such a great support, I am getting through them. Every day brings so many changes.

this one cluster fed on Sunday and since is much more content., I'm getting 4 hour stretches in between feeds which us great!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Thanks Fall!! Its great to get advice from other Mammies who are going through it at the moment! You are dead right re happy mammy!! Glad to hear you are doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Great to hear all the new babas are doing so well!

I'm 10 days over today! New hope that the baby will be tight like his Daddy and I'll go into labour tonight so that we'd have 48 hours free parking on merrion square! :)

Had such a stressful day- battery went dead on my car- had to get aa to restart it and then drive around 6 different garages to get it replaced. Finally got it sorted anyway! When I wa driving around I was getting pains- was hooping the stress mighta been just the thing to kick us off but nothing since! Siigh

• Advertisement

Ah Thumpette, I really feel for you. The waiting is hard. The parking in the Coombe was great. I had my first in Holles street and it cost a small fortune.
    No problem Cosy, It's great to be able to share with people who are in the same place in life.
    Bobskii that is deadly to have four hour feeds on a breast fed baby. Fair play to you. What age is your baby now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm bottle feeding. Had a fab night last night. Down at 12.30 and up at 6, had to actually feed her cause she gave me a fright. Back to bed at 7 then up at 10. My son slept until 10 too. Was just the best ever.daddy was back to work today so put him in spare room not to be disturbed was nervous doing it on my own but got d most sleep since she's been born lol d efo getting more sleep now that I'm not pregnant Bobskii

great isn't it!and being able to turn in bed helps :D
    she's two weeks today!my friends was telling me my milk would change to suit her needs and it must have cos she's satisfied now when she's fed!I didn't think I'd get the hang of breastfeeding but so far so good . I think ill introduce a bottle feed in the evenings at 4/6 weeks to give dad a chance to feed her . I know he feels useless at times when only I can feed her.

Lashes that is brilliant. You and Bobskii are doing fab. Once you get a bit of sleep it's great. No more sore ribs or heartburn.

sleep makes all the difference!and a good hot shower!I was just saying today being able to bend to put my socks on is great . It's the little things lol!

She does be very unsettled in the evenings tho before her last feed so I think she wears herself out a bit.
    Felt so good I even took her out for a stroll it was gray to get out and get a bit of fresh air

Hope all the mammies are doing well wether your waiting or newly !!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Sounds like our new Jan mammies are doing great.
    well done ladies!

Isn't it amazing that your milk changes to suit the baby- lady bodies really are incredible!

Another night gone with no sign of progress here. Have the hospital tomorrow- straight to fetal assessment so hopefully won't feel as rushed as outpatients. If they are planning to hold off till Wednesday I'll ask them for a sweep tomorrow. So nervous about being induced now :( Was really hoping for no epidural.

Still no matter what happens it'll be worth it so long as there's a healthy little baby at the end.

Madam had her last bottle at 10 was in bed for 11 and woke up at 5!! Back down at 6. I woke her at 9 for a feed and she only had an ounce and she flaked out! I'm so amazed!

She's a week old today cannot believe how time has passed.
    And how much love I have for her.

same as that I'm like a big child myself start in at her non stop!keep expecting someone to pinch me and wake me up!
    she didn't wake till 7.30 this morning after going down at 11.30 .and she went back down so I could have uninterrupted tea and toast lol!

• Advertisement

And it's the little things she does that just melts my heart like most of the time when she's drinking bottle she likes to have one eye closed other open not to miss a thing. And her smiles in sleep even tho I know deep down it's wind,
    Officially one week old at 12.03.
    That's amazing going Bobskii especially for a breast fed baby. What a great job. I have the up most respect for breast feeders. It's tough going when I can Hand her over for someone to fed never mind solo.
    Do u mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Thumpette wrote: »
    Another night gone with no sign of progress here. Have the hospital tomorrow- straight to fetal assessment so hopefully won't feel as rushed as outpatients. If they are planning to hold off till Wednesday I'll ask them for a sweep tomorrow. So nervous about being induced now :( Was really hoping for no epidural.

Still no matter what happens it'll be worth it so long as there's a healthy little baby at the end.

Exactly! At least you know now it's only a few days max and you'll have your little one and it'll all have been worth it. I know exactly how you feel. This was my shortest pregnancy at 41 +1.

If nothing happens today/tonight best of luck tomorrow. They should deffo do an internal to see how things are so just ask them to do the sweep.

it was tough at the start before my supply was established but since then it's gotten easier . she's styled into a routine now too so that makes all the difference . inky thing I'm dreading is having to feed in public . I know most places have feeding rooms but some of them leave a lot to b desired.

how many January babies are yet to arrive??

I'm still waiting on mine, though I'm still 2 days from my due date so it could be a while. :/

not long to go all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Home tomorrow all going well, nurses here at cumh have been fantastic helping me with the breast feeding and getting settled, can't believe they are here !!! Hope everyone is doing well
    With their babies and thosewho are waiting its the best feeling in the world
    Ever you will love it hang in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That's lovely Millie and lashes/bobskii it's great to hear from the other side.

I'm still 37+5 and after his acrobatics this morning I am incredibly uncomfortable, whatever way he's lying I feel underwater (can't get enough breath) and I'm in the bathroom the whole time!!

Girls I'm afraid I've had awful news. After a very active day yesterday I felt less movement today so I went to the hospital around 5 to be checked. Got told our little guy had no heartbeat.

I feel like the bottom has fallen out if the world- was all set to be induced and the worst I was worried about was having to get an epidural.

I've asked to go back in the morning for another scan because I can't believe it- they were lovely about it but I just keep thinking there must be a mistake.

I don't honestly believe they are wrong, but I'm not able to accept it. I'm so scared of everything that is to come when this sinks in.

Oh my god thumpette. That is just so shocking and scary. Praying for you something shows up in the scan tomorrow. I can't even fathom how you are feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Omg thumpette I'm so so sorry. I honestly don't know what to say. I will say a prayer tonight that they get one in the morning. I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. Hugs xxx

Advertisement