Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh Thumpette, I really don't know what to say - that just seems so horrifically unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

omg that's horrendous why are they making you wait till tomorrow?no words are going to be of any comfort to you but I'm hoping beyond hope that they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Oh Thumpette, so very sorry to read your update. There's nothing I can say, but wanted to say something x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm so incredibly sorry Thumpette. I can't imagine what you're going through x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks girls- it just all seems unreal. It was me that requested to come back tomorrow. They already got a second opinion tonight and they were giving me a tablet to take to induce me. I just felt it was all going too fast so I asked to come back after a night of letting it sink in.

It was on the proper scanners tho and looked very clear- I just want a new set of eyes on a new machine on a new day. I think it's my coping mechanism to hold some hope.

My house is full of every baby item imaginable- the nursery is perfect after hours of carefully choosing each detail. Now none of that is needed- instead I need to think about tiny coffins and funerals. We'd been trying for this baby for 2 years and finally got a positive test 2 days before my Dad passed away. This just hurts so much and I know I haven't scratched the surface of it yet.

I have the best husband tho and great friends and family. Really appreciate your kind messages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh hun that is so tough. Make sure you talk about it and don't be alone. Lean on everyone for support, it's not going to be easy at all.

I'm pretty much an insomniac so I'll be up a lot of the night if you need to talk post away xxxx

I second that,you have a good network of family and friends lean on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭littlecbear

First post here. Have been following all your progress the last few weeks. Thumpette just wanted to post to say I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for a miracle for you in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Thumpette, so sorry to hear of your news. My heart goes out to you both. How utterly tragic. You're in our thoughts & prayers. X

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Thumpette im so sorry to hear this , will say a little prayer for you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Thumpette so sorry to see that update. Your in my thoughts and prayers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thumpette crying while I write this,I cannot believe the nightmare you are going through right now. I don't know what to say only I am thinking of you, will light a candle for you today and will say a little prayer too.
    As everyone else said if writing here helps I'm here too xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Thumpette, I don't know what to say. Life is so horribly, tragically unfair. I am gutted for you and your partner. Thinking of you xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ah Thumpette I m so so sorry to hear your news. I wish you all the strength you need to cope. I can't imagine your pain right now. You and your husband are in my thoughts x x

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Oh Thumpette that is just horrendous news. I am so so sorry for your and your oh loss. I cannot imagine what you must be going through right now. My thoughts are with you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Just read the thread and had to post. So unbelievably sorry for your loss Thumpette :( absolutely devastated for you. Life makes no sense at all sometimes :( Do they have any idea what happened? x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thumpette, I am so very sorry to read your post. No doubt about it life is so unfair at times. Thinking of you and your family today. xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Ditto Thumpette, so so sorry. Thoughts are with you and your husband xx

Thumpette you have been playing on my mind all day, have a candle lit now for your little angel. I hope you find the strength to get through it xXxX

Thanks for all the kind messages.

I ended up going back to the hospital at 3 this morning with a mixture of pains and terror.

Went into labour at about 12 with the assistance of gels and our little angel was born sleeping at 5.30.

He's the most perfect little thing- long fingers and massive feet like his Daddy. Just lying with him in a crib beside me now. I can't help feeling I've let him down- it was my job to mind him till he came into the world.

Won't know what caused it till after post Morton if ever but the fluids were low and there was mecindrium

Really appreciate the kind messages x

• Advertisement

You did not let him down Thumpette, this is something that is out of your control entirely. You love him and you did everything in your power, you got it checked out when you realised you had no movement, so you did everything right and minded him the whole way through.

My thoughts are with you and your husband all day, I'm "glad" (given the circumstances) that you're getting to spend some time with your little boy nowxx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

What an amazingly strong person you are. I am awed that you are able to share despite what you are going through. So sorry for your tragic loss. You minded him everyday he lived inside you, all he knew was your love and safety. You cannot blame yourself for a freak accident.

There are no words, but my heart goes out to you and hope that you can find peace, however long it takes. xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Oh Thumpette, I'm so so sorry for your loss. I don't know what to say. My sister in law had her sleeping angel at 28 weeks and she finds great solace in the little hand prints and foot prints and and few clothes she had for her little girl. Please take time and grieve properly for your angel. Take offers of counselling as although everything is happening so fast now, what you're going through is a major life trauma. That little boy is your son and losing him is the same pain as me losing my 5 year old - it doesn't matter that he was born sleeping - he is your son and carried hopes and dreams for you and your husband. Life isn't measured in minutes - he was a part of your future and that future has been irrevocably altered now. Lean on every bit of support you have. Keep talking and please please mind yourself. I came on desperately hoping to read there had been some mistake and my heart just aches for your loss. Sending you the biggest virtual hug imaginable. X

Just a suggestion Thumpette I was thinking today would you get someone with a good camera or photographer to take pics of him? I know I would want to remember him the best way possible so you have really nice pics of him

Lashes is right, there is a group of photographers who offer this service free of charge, if you can't find them online pm me as I know one of the members.

I have no words . your message made me cry,I've been thinking about you all day hoping that they were wrong yesterday.
    life is just cruel sometimes . give your son and your husband an extra tight hug from me,a stranger who is just heartbroken for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Thumpette I am so sorry for your loss. I'm in awe of your strength. Please take care of yourself.

I think this is the photography site the previous posters were talking about. It's free of charge

http://www.feileacain.ie/now-i-lay-me-down-to-sleep-photographers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

The same here bobski. Judt so upset for you thumpette. You've been in my thoughts all day. Hope you can find the strength to get through this.

Thanks everyone. The hospital told us about that service- hoping to have them in tomorrow. Somehow managed a couple of hours sleep- mad how that can happen! There's women in and out tonight just getting checked and I hear them being told everything is alright. I would never wish this on snyone else and I'm happy to hear them getting good news, I just want to run out and tell them they should know how lucky they are. I was nervous about being a nark not having enough sleep and silly things, for all of ye who have your little babas already and those who will safely deliver in the coming weeks, just give them that one extra kiss and realise you have the most amazing thing in the world. Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Lost for words Thumpette. I was hoping against all odds there might be different news for you today. I keep re-reading your post & can only say you're strength is admirable in such a tragedy. I hope you both avail of all avenues of support & know that we're all here to support you too. God bless your little angel and courage to you & your partner as you come to terms with your loss. Xx

Advertisement