Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ah Thumpette, I have cried so many times since I read your news. You are incredible how you are dealing with this. You never let your boy down. I read all your posts in our January thread and your love for your boy is very clear. You are still showing that love now. I am so very sorry for you and your family. Xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

So very sorry for your loss Thumpette. I hope you and your husband get all the support you need xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ah Thumpette you've been on mind all the time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and my husband has said the same (he's heard all about you girls).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Thumpette
    I was lying awake last night thinking of you. It sounds to me that an angel has lost her own little angel.
    My wife is due next week, I am not sure if i could be a fraction as strong, thoughtful and considerate as you currently are.
    I can't speak for everyone on this thread but I consider you an inspiration.
    Good things can happen to good people and I have faith that you and your husband will have your day. For now, as has been mentioned, you deal with your grief whatever way is best for you. Use the kindness of the strangers on here because one thing is obvious, they are united for you and will continue to be a positive support for you.

I can't for a second understand what you are going through,but know that you are in my thoughts.

I wish you the very best.

Take care of yourselves
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Not a regular poster here but couldn't read and not reply, due myself in April. My heart goes out to you and your family, your strength is inspiring.

Look after yourself and take time to grieve. Have thought about you many times since I read your post yesterday. I will say a prayer and light a candle for you and your angel. The world just wasn't ready for your beautiful baby. But you natured cared for him, he will always be your son and you his mammy so don't ever forget that.

Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

So sorry for your loss Thumpette, your posts are heart breaking and I can't imagine what you must be going through. Thinking of you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

I am so sorry to hear Thumpette, I'm crying here after reading your post, I am here as are others if you need to talk, mind yourself xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm so very sorry Thumpette for your loss, there aren't words really that will make any difference but know you and your family are in my prayers. It's so horrendously cruel. look after yourselves and each other. I can't imagine your heartbreak. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Coming on here always gives me a fresh surge of blubbing with all the lovely messages. One thing I've been amazed by is the kindness of people. The midwives and all the staff here have been so kind and shown us and our little boy so much tenderness and compassion. One of the things that struck me the most was last night's midwife starting off by saying congratulations. In a world of 'sorrys' I was a bit taken aback for a second however it made me realise that congratulations were in order, We have and will forever have a son, some cruel joke of the universe has robbed us of so much, but we are parents and have so long wanted that.

We had a professional photographer come in from the group you all mentioned earlier. She was amazing and i know the photos will be our most prized possession when they arrive. She put 100% into handling our baby with respect and love and making sure she gave us such a precious gift. She doesn't get paid for this, it must be awfully sad to do, and yet for whatever reason she chooses too- the world is full of decent people.

One last thing I wanted to say is id love if this post could go back on track now. I want to hear how lashes is getting on with her little lady and I want for people to feel again that they can share their updates and good news. I'm conscious enough of posting a scary story on a thread with a load of soon to be new parents- I hope this doesn't frighten anyone- it's so sad but so rare.

Best of luck again to all the new and soon be new parents! Hopefully on another thread in the non to distant future I'll be there with a happier ever after. For the moment we're heartbroken but incredibly proud of our son, and we're both incredibly touched by the support here.

Thumpette I'm absolutely sure I could not handle myself as well as you. I'm delighted you got the pictures, they will be wonderful to have. I hope you are looking after yourself and best of luck in the coming days. You are an inspiration.

In the spirit of what you asked I'm actually in hospital again, this time with high blood pressure. No sign of pre eclampsia so they are medicating for now. Tbh at this stage (38 weeks) I'm kinda like 'sure you could just take him out?!'. No sign of that though

• Advertisement

Thumpette you are some women, how you are coping is incredible and I will be wishing that your happy moment will come sooner rather than later. I am glad you are being treated so kindly and having time with your boy. I hope you keep in touch with this thread. As Mirrorwall said earlier my husband also knows about all of you and I genuinely feel connected to the group by the journey we have shared.
    Mirrorwall I hope you are ok. My little one is doing well although sleep is a distant memory :-) I hope all the other people waiting are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Thumpette you are amazing.

You are the best Mammy that little boy could have wished for, and he will always be your son. My sister in law too lost her little boy at 5 days old. But he is as part of our family as his subsequent siblings are. They too got pictures done and they are the most precious thing in our possessions. He will always be their son, his grandparents grandson, and our nephew, just as your little boy will be.

All of our children pick us, for one reason or another, as their Mammy and Daddy. He picked you too for a reason and you know have a perfect angel. You will have your happy day. That is a guarantee. Remember the cheeky kicks, the hic cups and his ability to keep you awake when all you wanted was sleep and in time these memories will bring smiles.

I did not post to this too much whilst pregnant, and found I was probably prone to posting only when in bad form or fed up over something, yet time and time again I got support, advice, and often just what I needed, an ear.

Take care everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thumpette I'm so glad you got the photographs taken, what a precious keepsake to have. You're so courageous and I do indeed appreciate how lucky I am. We are all here whenever you need to talk x

Mirrorwall, that sounds like exactly what happened to me, admitted for BP at 38 weeks and medicated. They decided to induce at 39 weeks so you might get a decision yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thumpette I only wish I could deal with life with half of the strength courage and bravery as you. I know I am a stranger on the internet but your situation has touched me so much. Thank you so much for sharing it with us and keeping us updated.

Little Miss slept last night after her 12.30 boppy until 9.30. I had to wake her up for it.

How long will you be kept in mirrorwall?? It must be so difficult you having a rough pregnancy xx

That's some sleep, you must be delighted!
    Doc was in and will be back to check cervix as they will induce if I'm in anyways favourable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Best of luck Mirrorwall. Hope all goes ok for you. I had a sweep yesterday on my due date and was 2cm dilated. Doctor said to make sure my bag was packed. Had lots of cramping last night but all ok this morning.

HazelBee wrote: »
    Best of luck Mirrorwall. Hope all goes ok for you. I had a sweep yesterday on my due date and was 2cm dilated. Doctor said to make sure my bag was packed. Had lots of cramping last night but all ok this morning.

Trying not to get excited coz knowing my luck it won't be and I'll be hanging around for another while.

2cm is good, further along than the lady in the bed opposite who's been moaning all night :) fingers crossed for you

Thanks Mirrorwall. I'll update if anything happens. The doctor was surprised I was that far along for my first time!

Hazel bee that's great news. I went from three cm to baby in my arms in an hour and twenty minutes! Mirrorwall i hope all goes well for you too. It has been a long road for you. I will be watching for your news.
    Lashes I would love even two hours of that sleep. My little one is all over the place at night. It's like she gets really windy and can't settle. She is brilliant during the day with three to four hours between feeds but from twelve to six at night it's tough. She grunts and cries. I know it won't last forever so just trying to get on with it.
    If you are reading Thumpette I just want to say I am thinking of you x

Same Thumpette x

Aaaaand. I'm home. Bah.

Mon/wed/fri trips to the Coombe for BP series and clinic on Wednesday. Cervix completely closed at the mo. They won't let me past 40 weeks apparently (27th Jan). Watch for headaches etc.

Though I am looking forward to my own bed tonight. We had a lady in 'ah'ing' at top voice all night last night as well as a girl in the bathroom outside who cried all night. Sleepy as hell now

• Advertisement

Try and have a good rest and look after yourself!

Google eating dates and cervical dilation Mirrorwall, it might help to move things in the right direction.

fall wrote: »
    Google eating dates and cervical dilation Mirrorwall, it might help to move things in the right direction.

All over it :) well I've been bouncing on my ball all afternoon (though they did say head is well down in place) and I'm just heading off to find dates and raspberry leaf tea if I can get it. Bloody sore after the exam with lots of pressure so I want to do a bit of walking too

All over it :) well I've been bouncing on my ball all afternoon (though they did say head is well down in place) and I'm just heading off to find dates and raspberry leaf tea if I can get it. Bloody sore after the exam with lots of pressure so I want to do a bit of walking too

I was bouncing like a mad woman all afternoon as well, resulting in me losing my plug. No sign of any contractions though!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Girls I was with gp yesterday and he said the head isnt down very fair yet. So I asked about the ball, he said he doesnt believe it makes it any difference and suggested sex!!! I answered use the remedy of what put me in this position!!! Do ye think it works???? I have raspberry tea too but its sickening enough isnt it! He also said that 1 of 2 things will happen- the head will drop all of a sudden or I will have a long hard labour!!! I was like "cheers, thanks for that"!!!

Wish this weather would settle, snowed in last two nights, spent the night praying I wouldn't go in, now wind is cruel. 50min trip to hospital on back rural rds could be great fun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

they told me that even when I was in labour . When the midwife checked me she said oh the head is still high sur we could be here all day . That was about 10 o clock and she was born two hours later .
    I did use the ball for an hour every evening tho so obviously it made no odds . but it was the only comfortable place to sit in the last few week!!

I find the ball incredibly confortable and it stops me from lying flat on the couch so I reckon at the very least Gravity is correct when I'm on it! Midwives told me it's great for it. That's th hope I'm clinging too as he is head down and waaaay down already apparently even if still no actual progress

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Home since Monday but just before discharge the Twins had to go to new as lost too much weight. Twin one came home Tuesday and hopefully twin two will today.

As I was breastfeeding I was obviously devastated as they were not getting enough from me the poor little bears and it's amazing how many people said after well it's madness trying to breastfeed twins, why didn't you mention that at the start ? Anyway adjusting to life with babies,still can't believe it and still crying during the day for no particular reason. My scar is perfect and healing which was my biggest worry before delivery and funnily enough the section was the least of my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

firstly congrats on even attempting to breast feed twins . especially after a section . sure if you didn't try you'd be mad with yourself for not trying.
    hope your other baby got home today and you get settled in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Fall is there something you can give to breast Fed babies to help with wind? Like infacol or something?? I would be trying that out to see if she settles any better.

Little Miss had another good night. I'm seriously blessed with her. Bed at 11.30 last night and up at 6.30.

My first time leaving her today. Have the older lad at swimming lessons and she's due a feed so left her with my mam as pool is so warm. Feels really odd. And really easy just with one. How was I ever stressed with just one??

Millie fair play is right. I couldn't breastfeed one never mind two!!

Advertisement