Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I have nothing yet too terrified that something will happen (still only 11+2)! Appointment on Thursday tho so maybe after that, I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I have nothing yet too terrified that something will happen (still only 11+2)! Appointment on Thursday tho so maybe after that, I can't wait!

I was exactly the same as you, but when you see that little heart beating on the screen, the fears will be wiped away, what date are you due whiteandlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

We're not find in out what we are having . my husband doesn't want to know and I'm not bothered so we'll keep it as a surprise!would be handy for getting babies room ready tho!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I was exactly the same as you, but when you see that little heart beating on the screen, the fears will be wiped away, what date are you due whiteandlight?

Jan 27th! I've actually seen the heartbeat. We decided against going private/semiprivate but got a private scan at 8+6. Still doesn't seem real and already seems like forever ago!

I'm finding out, going to bring my son with me so it can be a little something special for us to do together,also so I can get clothes sorted,a lot of the beiges look very boyish,as for babies room that's gonna have to wait until after I have the baby and sort out somewhere to live!! Eeek.

The worrying begins white and light it will never stop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I can't believe there's a 2015 thread!!! delighted for you all and desperately trying not to be jealous!! But I've 3 under 5 and one day I'll stop getting broody - enjoy it all!! Especially if it's your first - you're are due the most explosion of love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jan 27th! I've actually seen the heartbeat. We decided against going private/semiprivate but got a private scan at 8+6. Still doesn't seem real and already seems like forever ago!

My wife is due the 28th!
    We're having the first scan on Thursday. :)

highly1111 wrote: »
    I can't believe there's a 2015 thread!!! delighted for you all and desperately trying not to be jealous!! But I've 3 under 5 and one day I'll stop getting broody - enjoy it all!! Especially if it's your first - you're are due the most explosion of love!!

I'm sure I'll need a nights sleep after the baby is born so if you want we could do a rent a baby type scheme, where I could have a nights sleep and you could quench the broodyness for a day ;) lol
    3 under 5 fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Wait for it Lashes28 - those newborn snuggles are totally addictive!!

in fairness there was 2 years 10 months between our first two but just 15 months between 2 and 3! wouldn't change a thing though!

good luck. X

I know highly1111 I'm just kidding, on my first I was so young and dumb I don't really appreciate it, this time I am gonna savor every minute!

• Advertisement

Same as that lashes . I was too young to appreciate having a child wasn't until I struggled to conceive this one that I really appreciated how lucky I am . I was thinking I'd like to bring my son to one of my scans I know he'd be amazed to see babs moving about . will see as I get further on though!

Heroditas wrote: »
    My wife is due the 28th!
    We're having the first scan on Thursday. :)

Where are you? I'm in the Coombe Thursday for my first appointment too!

Where are you? I'm in the Coombe Thursday for my first appointment too!

So are we! 9am. :D

Ha I'm 910 Rolf! Small country

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi girls, I am also due Jan 2015- January 17th to be precise! It was totally unplanned- we now have to postpone our wedding as a result but it is slowly becoming a nice shock! I have been sick enough but since turning 12 weeks my sickness has turned so much worse. However, my doc seems to think I may have slight tummy bug so hopefully it will all pass!!

It is my first pregnancy and I am very nervous, plus have a total lack of knowledge!! Trying to learn as I go along! I really look forward to the help, advice and support on this thread.

Congratulations to you all and best wishes in the journey ahead for the next few months!!

Welcome cosycottager, I can only sympathise with the sickness, I was only ever nasueas never got sick ,

Is any one else experiencing extra discharge??

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi all I haven't posted on this in ages but I'm due jan 5th by the hospital scan snd jan 1st by my dates lol!!!! I'm feeling great just exhausted.have had 2 scans already and all is wee thank god. I'm in the coombe and going public

No discharge here, nauseau/heartburn is pretty much constant but luckily the throwing up has been intermittent. Sometimes it'll be a few days in a row then I get a break. Mum recommended a marietta biscuit before I move in the morning and that seems to be working fairly well

Just weighed myself. I'm a stone up since I've gotten pregnant, I'm shocked!! And I thought I was eating better now than in the early nauseous stage!! Eeek!!

Yup me too . No point worryin about at this stage tho!

• Advertisement

Very true bobskii,I'm just a little shocked?! Have any of Ye got a little bump starting more than the looking like you have over done it on food?? I think I'm more on bump territory now,
    I also never realised my digestive noises were so loud and regular, can't wait for proper kicks , it will be soon :)

Yeh me too but I figure I can't lose it now so no point worry in . my doc thought it was because Iwas hhaving twins that's why she sent me for that early scan . I reckon after ivf and now pregnancy my body has taken a bashing so ill be good to it . I'm not eating any different but hopefully I won't pile on too much.
    I think my bump is forming . bottom of my Tum is hard bit the top is still a tad on the spare tyre look!!

Ha I'm 910 Rolf! Small country

Everything go OK on Thursday?
    Delighted to have a picture to look at. :)

Everything go OK on Thursday?
    Delighted to have a picture to look at. :)

Ya it was lovely to get the pic. Man it was slow tho-didn't get out until 1130 and we were there and queuing at 830! I don't feel like I've had a first appt tho tbh apart from the Ultrasound. It was really just history, bloods and scan-didn't feel like a docs appointment.

I'm really worried about my asthma and that the heartburn is making me cough. Its only January that I was in A&E and off work for three weeks with steroids, antibiotics and up to 8 nebs a day. There wasn't really any opportunity to talk about it. Like they took medical history but literally it was only "Do you have any respiratory conditions?" Yes asthma. "Are you on an inhaler?" yes symbicort. "Next question....". It was all so fast. Maybe I should have been more questioning?

I have a checkup in Blanch for the asthma on Tuesday so I guess I'll talk to them and see what they say. I tried to ask the doc doing the scan about the heartburn (and the reason I'm concerned-I know heartburn is normal but its a big trigger for me) and she was just "we don't recommend anything in first trimester" and the line that "1/3 of asthmatics get worse, 1/3 get better, 1/3 stay the same" and just dismissed it at that without asking had I any symptoms or was I getting worse or anything. I'm taking zantac because I have to, if I don't then I'm needing my rescue inhaler daily, I was on nexium before the pregnancy and stopped that on my GPs advise (along with all my other asthma related meds except my inhaler). I was maxing out on rennie/gaviscon within a few hours in the morning and still burning like crazy. Now I'm really stressed that I shouldn't be taking it but given I'm sitting up here coughing my head off because it doesn't completely cut it, I really don't feel I can stop it.

Anyways sorry about the rant. I'm really quite stressed now but if I try to not take the zantac I'm coughing in a couple of hours with the heartburn. I feel like crying with frustration and worry that I'm hurting my baby :(

Sorry for the rant last night, was having a bit of a meltdown. Chatted to the OH this morning about my worry with the zantac and he wants me to keep taking it. His position is that it wasn't a full appointment, they didn't take my recent history, she just gave the default position of docs (no drugs) and with a bad flare in the last six months I shouldn't be taking any chances. It's widely in use (acc to the net and to a friend of mine who just had her baby). I'm going to try and stop worrying

Ah try not to worry. Fingers crossed you'll feel better in your second trimester.
    We got there at 8.40 and were out the door at 9.10 to drop the file over to reception. We'll only be back in there for the second scan and then the actual birth. My wife will be heading to the clinic near Lucan for all the other checks - very handy!

Ah try not to worry. Fingers crossed you'll feel better in your second trimester.
    We got there at 8.40 and were out the door at 9.10 to drop the file over to reception. We'll only be back in there for the second scan and then the actual birth. My wife will be heading to the clinic near Lucan for all the other checks - very handy!

What? That was mental fast!! we were queuing at 840, got to the desk about 915, took a good 10 mins for her to do up the file, queued again for history and urine test. Got out of that at 1030 and straight down for scan supposedly at 1040 but was actually almost 11. Bloods took only a couple of mins and then queue to book GD test before leaving.

That sounds dead handy with Lucan, I'm based in Celbridge but wasn't offered there. I thought there was one in naas too but none were discussed just booked in for August in the coombe. I think possibly the asthma means I can't be midwife led

What? That was mental fast!! we were queuing at 840, got to the desk about 915, took a good 10 mins for her to do up the file, queued again for history and urine test. Got out of that at 1030 and straight down for scan supposedly at 1040 but was actually almost 11. Bloods took only a couple of mins and then queue to book GD test before leaving.

That sounds dead handy with Lucan, I'm based in Celbridge but wasn't offered there. I thought there was one in naas too but none were discussed just booked in for August in the coombe. I think possibly the asthma means I can't be midwife led

Ah my wife did all that in the clinic in Lucan last Monday. We literally just had the scan!
    Not sure if Celbridge falls under the Early Transfer Home service. I'd say they'll be reluctant to have you midwife-led alright due to the asthma, particularly if you've had issues with it already this year.

Sorry for the rant last night, was having a bit of a meltdown. Chatted to the OH this morning about my worry with the zantac and he wants me to keep taking it. His position is that it wasn't a full appointment, they didn't take my recent history, she just gave the default position of docs (no drugs) and with a bad flare in the last six months I shouldn't be taking any chances. It's widely in use (acc to the net and to a friend of mine who just had her baby). I'm going to try and stop worrying

No need to apologise for ranting that's what this thread is for,we are all in the crazy experience together lol
    Hope you can get your condition under control pregnancy is hard enough without added ailments!!

• Advertisement

Well after the appt I tried to cut back on them and ended up coughing for three hours last night in the middle of the night on rescue inhalers so probably just going to have to go with zantac and hopefully all goes well :)

I can be very well controlled 99% of the time. The problem is when I get a cold or similar I end up taking weeks to recover :)

On a completely different note, anyone bought anything yet? I can't help but having a browse every time I'm in tesco or dunnes but haven't actually got anything yet!

Advertisement