Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My little one has never gotten sick!! I do love how she yawns in her sleep. So not possible!!

Great to hear your settling well mirror wall. It's great when there is some kind of routine.

We had a very tough night last night. Not like my champion sleeper. 3 1/2 hours sleep. I am definitely getting out for a walk today before I go crazy. Although nannys babysitting for a movie night for us. Will I stay awake tho?lol

4 weeks old today ! Feels like 4 years ha

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi girls, I havent been on this in ages! My little boy arrived last week, 10 days old today and was 5 days overdue! He is a really quiet little baby and people keep saying 'oh after the hard pregnancy that usually happens'.

I learnt one lesson the hard way; NEVER listen to people again and their silly unhelpful opinions "your massive so baby must be massive, how are you gonna push it out" was the most common!

The love and patience you'd have comes from some other world, its just amazing eh?

Thumpette all the while I have been thinking of you, your OH and your little angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Delighted for you Cosycottager and great that you have a settled baby. People really talk some ****e! I learnt that too. It really changes you as a person doesn't it. Enjoy.
    Lashes there must have been a full moon last night, my girl was bonkers. Her Dad gave her a bottle this morning because I was so tired. She savaged down three ounces. Used gripe water and found it very good for getting her wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Congrats Cozycottager! Glad everything is going great and he's being so settled:)

Thanks for the thoughts- sometimes I think every day is getting harder- he would have been 3 weeks old tomorrow.

Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thumpette fair play to you, it's been a rough ride for you.

It's lovely to read everyone's stories, particularly when people are a few weeks ahead!

We're in Tallaght hospital tonight because baby was lethargic, slept through a feed and was very off colour. Being kept overnight for low platelets but doc was reassuring that they aren't that worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Thumpette, you're in my thoughts & prayers daily.

Mirrorwall, hope all ok? Good you went in without delay. Hope baby back to full health soon. X

Hi Thumpette, thinking of you. Allow yourself all the time you need to get through this terrible time. I hope your own health is ok x
    Mirrorwall I would say you got an awful fright. Glad there is nothing too serious. Hope you all get home soon.

Scared the crap out of us alright, I've cried a lot (partially hormones!) but he really is good. They're keeping him until tomorrow because I was group b strep positive so with the platelets they are being extra cautious. They'll repeat the blood tests in the morning and if the count stays steady or goes up then he'll be coming home. OH's parents took over for a couple of hours today so he took me home for bath/change/sleep. Absolutely hated leaving but I have had stitches/episiotomy so I know it was important. Much happier back with him now and his observations have been excellent all day. Looking forward to getting him home again.

As an aside I have to say Tallaghts children's hosptial are outstanding. Children's ER nurses/docs were so so nice last night and the team on the ward up here are just lovely. So helpful and friendly I cannot praise them enough. It's funny because you hear so much about crumlin/temple street etc but not so much Tallaght (in my experience anyways) but it is our closest children's hospital particularly with Dublin traffic so we are delighted they are so good. Reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

That's great news Mirrorwall, hope all goes well overnight and you can all go home together tomorrow. Take care.

Home safe and sound here, platelets bounced way back up thank god. To the extent the doc said there may have been some clotting in the initial sample resulting in the low count. Delighted to be home. Slightly less delighted to have the OHs parents sitting outside the door when we pulled up. They are lovely and quite helpful but after two days in hospital I really just wanted so alone time for ourselves. They're coming again Thursday but OH has said he'll put his foot down if they keep up the visiting this often so we'll see how it goes. In the end I just went up for a bath and nap because I was wrecked and all was quiet when I got back down.

Still pretty weepy which I'm assuming is baby blues to a certain extent but I think it's more to do with the hospital in that I just don't want to be away from him at all unless he's with my husband and even then not for long

• Advertisement

Delighted you are home. It is so emotional having a baby and then you had the added worry of him being sick. I remember sitting with tears running down my face because I was so overwhelmed with the love I feel for my baby and being terrified it would all somehow be taken away. It is a very vulnerable place to be. Glad your husband is a good support

Thumpette hope your doing well today I can't imagine how tough it is for you.

Champion sleeper was back in form last night. Down at 9 up at 7.45. However today was a nightmare. She was so so unsettled for the day and had a couple of very runny nappies.so maybe she's coming down with something? I've become a professional one hand bottle maker, dinner maker,homework helper!!

How's all doing?

Wow that's some sleep!! Although not so fun a day. It's amazing how fast you become one handed

Fall it's a mad feeling isn't it? It's like love tears if you get me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Aw, I have been having those tears as well. Especially during night feeds when it's just me and her and her little eyes are staring up at me.

Had an ok day yesterday Lashes, thanks. A couple of girls from work came to visit so it was nice just to be able to talk and not feel like I'm repeating myself cos I haven't seen them since Max was born. In the airport at the mo waiting to board a plane cos our lovely friends all got together to send us off on a little holiday for a few days. I was kinda looking forward to it but since I got in the taxi this morning I've been in a total panic. It sounds mad but I feel like I'm abandoning him, even though he's buried at the other side of the country I just hate the thought of leaving our home and the little bubble we've created there where I can sit and hold his things and feel close to him. I know he's in my heart and he'll be with me wherever I go but it just feels so odd 3 weeks after giving birth and holding my baby in my arms to be heading on holiday and not even have made arrangements for him to be looked after. I hope the little change of scene will be good once we get there- just wasn't expecting this torrent of panic today.

Delighted everything is ok with baby mirrorwall too x

That's tough Thumpette. I would say nothing is as you expect it to be. It's like finding a whole new life. I hope you get some good rest and have some moments where your heart doesn't feel so heavy.
    Pregnancy and childbirth are probably one of the most overwhelming times in your life emotionally. I am practising mindfulness and I just try to stop once a day and reflect on how I am feeling. Hope everyone here is doing ok emotionally. Be kind to yourselves x

Thanks Fall, feeling a bit better now we're settled into a lovely hotel and have Max's photo on the bedside table. Look after yourselves everyone x

Hope your relaxing Thumpette what a lovely gift. Xx

How's everyone doing? Had our hearing test today and missy passed with flying colours! Daytime She's still hard work but nights are great. She slept again from 930 to 8. So I'm feeding every three hours to see if it's hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'd love that amount of unbroken sleep!my oh is getting on my nerves tonight . It must be sleep deprivation getting to me!!

• Advertisement

I don't have sleep as an excuse but by God they can be tough work!! Is it just mine that misses all the jobs to be done around the house??

definitely not just yours mines the same!I think he actually creates work for me in case I'd have five minutes to myself :D

I hear ya Bobskii. The sleep deprivation definitely tries your patience. We have a little routine at night. Asleep by ten then feed at one and half four. Finding that fine. The other night she was awake from one til six thought I was going to crack up. Did the extra feeding help your baby Lashes? Maybe a dream feed at night might help? It's really trial and error getting to know what's going on with them. Oh and husband gives one bottle in the evening which seems to be going well.

I thought I'd have her completely figured out at this stage but everyday is so different!! It definitely seemed to help yesterday fall. She's slept until 9 this morning n I have her on her mat cooing and casing now until she kicks off then another feed. How much is your little one taking in the bottle? Have you started bottle bobskii??

He gives her four ounces. I reckon she would eat more. What size bottle do you give?

Four ounces too.. She doesn't take anymore than that!

this little madame kept throwing back up the formula feed I was giving her so I stopped . I have expressed for her but haven't had time every day to do it . I might change formula's and see if another one would agree with her.
    She will go down at 11/12 then wakes 3/4 and then again 7/8 so she's in routine at night which isn't bad.

thats the routine I had with my first. Once I get two three hour stretches at night I feel good. When it's more broken I am like a zombie the next day. On another note I have been told there is a back log for the bcg in my area. They are only on the November born babies!

Thumpette mind yourself hun x

Bobskii mines in a similar pattern on bottle feeds. Hard to judge sometimes tho, he screamed the place down for an early feed this evening and then passed out after a frantic ounce! Ah well he'll finish it later I suppose, public health nurse insists he knows when to stop/start

• Advertisement

Mirror my one is very much like that too it can be so hard to judge.

Wow that is some waiting list fall!! She will be walking in to the clinic to get the bcg done!!

Share a little pic of my lady. Still can't decide what pic to get done for a canvas too many nice ones!!

Advertisement